• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit, am I missing something with the boss for the water area? It is ridiculous how slowly I'm chipping away at its health. I usually like challenging games but I'm about to call it quits with this bullshit. If I get near enough to use any of my regular attacks he either swats me away me with his hand or I'm too close to react if he uses one of his other attacks, and if I'm only doing damage by sending his projectiles back at him the fight takes waaaay too long, I'm pretty good at dodging most of his moves but it's too hard to go that long without making any mistakes.

During the first part I can at least shoot at him with the bow when he's far away, which does pathetic damage but at least it adds up. During his second stage you can't really get many shots off with the bow and like I said, if I get within melee damage I'm punished every time.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
Holy shit, am I missing something with the boss for the water area? It is ridiculous how slowly I'm chipping away at its health. I usually like challenging games but I'm about to call it quits with this bullshit. If I get near enough to use any of my regular attacks he either swats me away me with his hand or I'm too close to react if he uses one of his other attacks, and if I'm only doing damage by sending his projectiles back at him the fight takes waaaay too long, I'm pretty good at dodging most of his moves but it's too hard to go that long without making any mistakes.

During the first part I can at least shoot at him with the bow when he's far away, which does pathetic damage but at least it adds up. During his second stage you can't really get many shots off with the bow and like I said, if I get within melee damage I'm punished every time.

I discovered a cheesy strategy that made this boss very easy

The upgraded spirit star can take out large portions of his health and you can spam it because of the respawning energy crystal. You'll need to be decent at dodging his attacks but once I realized I could freely spam it I got an achievement for speedrunning the boss

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

The upgraded spirit star can take out large portions of his health and you can spam it because of the respawning energy crystal. You'll need to be decent at dodging his attacks but once I realized I could freely spam it I got an achievement for speedrunning the boss

I don't have the upgraded version, and obviously the base version isn't going to do anywhere near as much damage, but maybe I'll go ahead and try that. I can't think of anything else to do really.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019

I kinda did the same, but with the spear/lance thing instead, that thing absolutely shredded it

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Downward slash with shockwave upgrade and you can tank the FPS just by repeatedly using that attack with no enemies on the screen.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Can someone tell me where the
switch is for the door in the pool at the bottom of the wellspring area?

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Meanwhile for me, this boss was almost too easy. Just a cakewalk. I spammed upgraded spike at it from a distance (seriously use this ability, it 1-hits most ememies) which seemed to do about 10% damage per hit. Then went crazy with melee attacks up close.

I use the spirit shard that generates energy on hit + convert excess energy to health. That way I always have energy, and if energy is full, I heal on melee attacks.

I can't remember their specific names but the sword and hammer never leave my attack layouts lol. I like the spear but it just uses so much energy
I use spike as my boss killer. Otherwise I have hammer in that slot for most normal encounters. It's just too fun to knock enemies around with it. Also downsmash = love.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile for me, this boss was almost too easy. Just a cakewalk. I spammed upgraded spike at it from a distance, which seemed to do about 10% damage per hit. Then went crazy with melee attacks up close.

I use the spirit shard that generates energy on hit + convert excess energy to health. That way I always have energy, and if energy is full, I heal on melee attacks.

I like the bosses in this game but they're almost too easy. Then again, I'm playing on normal, not hard.

Yeah I have the same setup. Pretty much always full of both HP and Energy, and the spear is a boss nuker. The energy crystal in the area makes it so you don't really run out even without melee attacking.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have the same setup. Pretty much always full of both HP and Energy, and the spear is a boss nuker. The energy crystal in the area makes it so you don't really run out even without melee attacking.
Are you playing on normal or hard?

I'm considering replaying this game on hard at some point down the line because while it's fun, I'm finding it to be a little too easy if you're 100% on everything before proceeding. I'm like a metroidvania min-maxer.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Meanwhile for me, this boss was almost too easy. Just a cakewalk. I spammed upgraded spike at it from a distance (seriously use this ability, it 1-hits most ememies) which seemed to do about 10% damage per hit. Then went crazy with melee attacks up close.

I use spike as my boss killer. Otherwise I have hammer in that slot for most normal encounters. It's just too fun to knock enemies around with it. Also downsmash = love.

When did you do the water area? I've been actively exploring and I don't have any of that stuff. I only have the first wisp, if I manage to kill this boss it'll be my second. Should I not have come here first?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Are you playing on normal or hard?

I'm considering replaying this game on hard at some point down the line because while it's fun, I'm finding it to be a little too easy if you're 100% on everything before proceeding. I'm like a metroidvania min-maxer.

I'm on normal but I wish I did hard since I've felt the same. I just sorta fluked into buying the hammer right at the start too which made things easier, since you can often just slam things off a ledge for an instant kill.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm an idiot and finally figured out that the reason that my controller wasn't responding correctly(on Ori PC through Gamepass), and therefore was not able to even start the game since half the buttons didn't work and the other half were mapped all wrong was because of my 8bitdo wireless receiver messing with it. I could have been playing the game fore the last 2 days but instead I was waiting for a potential update to fix the issue that would never come.

Oh well, now I get to finally get to it.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Enjoying it quite a bit so far. Encountered a weird bug where I died a few times in a section and suddenly I respawned above that room in a secret chamber.
I was able to break the entrance of it from the inside but an invisible wall still wouldn't let me get out of it.
Reloaded the game and after breaking the wall again I was able to exit...

Also, someone mentioned that you could warp from anywhere on the map but I can't seem to make it happen... Am I missing something or was the info wrong?
Playing on PC Game Pass version.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I didn't search the thread so please forgive me if this has been answered, but is there a good estimate on the length of the game? I'm not the type to 100% a game, just looking to do the story portion - especially considering the....challenges...I've been having with regard to performance on Xbox One X.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
This soundtrack man...holyshit. Seems like every new area comes with a song/build up that was better than the last. Absolutely breathtaking at times. The lake area followed by the desert landscape was mesmerizing to take in.

I am starting to notice some performance issues though. Frame rate dips are more frequent now that I'm 50% into the game. I was having some weird sound glitches too. Been playing most of the evening so maybe it's due to playing it too long. Still not really taking away from the experience though. This game is special.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Beat the mouldwood area last night and man was that a frustrating level almost on par with tomb of giants in dark souls 1, if you know, you know lol.

Also experienced a bunch of bugs where Ori wouldn't cling onto those cocoons instead they were bounced off me a bunch of times... quite frustrating to die like 20 times due to silly bugs.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Enjoying it quite a bit so far. Encountered a weird bug where I died a few times in a section and suddenly I respawned above that room in a secret chamber.
I was able to break the entrance of it from the inside but an invisible wall still wouldn't let me get out of it.
Reloaded the game and after breaking the wall again I was able to exit...

Also, someone mentioned that you could warp from anywhere on the map but I can't seem to make it happen... Am I missing something or was the info wrong?
Playing on PC Game Pass version.

Go to the map and listed in the map controls at the bottom of the screen should be the button for warping. Move your cursor over one of the warp locations on the map and hold the warp button.

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Go to the map and listed in the map controls at the bottom of the screen should be the button for warping. Move your cursor over one of the warp locations on the map and hold the warp button.

There's no button listed for warp. I can only center on Ori, zoom in/out and toggle the points of interest...
Was this patched in on day one and I didn't get the patch? It's really weird.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
There's no button listed for warp. I can only center on Ori, zoom in/out and toggle the points of interest...
Was this patched in on day one and I didn't get the patch? It's really weird.
You can warp from anywhere, but you can only warp to the specific altar things that heal you when you save at them

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
You can warp from anywhere, but you can only warp to the specific altar things that heal you when you save at them
Yeah. I'm hovering over those things on the map but it doesn't show me any button prompts for it...
It works when I stand in one of those altars and select warp but not while anywhere else on the map.
I even thought it might be because enemies are too close but I even tried it while being completely isolated...
I really don't get it. I must be doing something wrong.
I'm using a Switch Pro controller. Maybe I should change to Keyboard to see if it gives me an extra option...

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Yeah. I'm hovering over those things on the map but it doesn't show me any button prompts for it...
It works when I stand in one of those altars and select warp but not while anywhere else on the map.
I even thought it might be because enemies are too close but I even tried it while being completely isolated...
I'm using a Switch Pro controller. Maybe I should change to Keyboard to see if it gives me an extra option...
Could you post a screenshot or picture of your map so we can see better?

Oct 31, 2017
Man, I just finished playing the intro and I'm at loss for words.

The first Ori was an extremely pretty game already, but this...This is something else. This looks FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

mercviper

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You need to be at a point in the game where you've used an ore, and I think you have to be on stable ground/out of combat as well.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Tempted to jump right in but I am going through the original right now again. The opening of the first game still crushes me.

broadytheowl

Mar 8, 2020
To thomasmahler GennadiyKorol @MoonTeam

I just registered in this forum, to tell you how grateful i am, for having the chance to play that game.

The whole story (BF and WotW) is aside from beeing really sad especially the end, really the best i every played my whole life. The story is touching, taking you on a trip. It let's you not stop to play. It's really an adventure. It takes gaming for me to another level, no it's not gaming, it's experiencing someting special. Maybe one day, you may help us understand, what you really want to imply with the story, cause in some ways there's a lot of "conflict potential" in the progress how things go on in the game. Maybe why you have chosen to let it end like this, not giving us a "real" happy end.

Nevertheless it's a real gem. Either it's BF or WotW, it touches hearts, let us cry, let us have hope, let us have success, by beating up some evil guy.

In my case, i'm kind of sad it has ended. You don't want to end good things. But we all know, all good things come to an end. So far we have to accept the fact, it's over now.

So one more time. Thanks for enriching our life, with the journey we've taken in the past 5 years with Ori, Naru, Gumo and Ku(ro).

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
weird question but i'm thinking of buying this game for a friend but here's the situ -

we're in different regions (i'm in the UK, they're in the US)
i don't have an xbox and they do
i have pc gamepass (might not be an issue i guess)

any idea on how i can gift the game to my friend?

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
weird question but i'm thinking of buying this game for a friend but here's the situ -

we're in different regions (i'm in the UK, they're in the US)
i don't have an xbox and they do
i have pc gamepass (might not be an issue i guess)

any idea on how i can gift the game to my friend?

Create a microsoft account and buy it as a gift. Make sure to set the store region to US though.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
If you convince me to do sidequests to help and rebuild the world you are doing a good job at world building.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Just popping in to say as I've played farther the soundtrack to this game is just...wow. It might end up in my top 5/10 and those are normally reserved for RPGs. The whole game is incredible but the music just takes it to another level.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Guys where the heck is the entrance to the top path there? I can't for the life of me find it. It just seems to be a normal ceiling.

Hunerq7.jpg

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting pretty far into the game right now and have a lot of areas with 99% completion which is annoying me to no end lol.

Is there any way to see what is missing? I already bought the maps for health, energy and shard pick-ups.

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else get controller throwing angry at getting the sand missiles to try and follow you lol

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm getting pretty far into the game right now and have a lot of areas with 99% completion which is annoying me to no end lol.

Is there any way to see what is missing? I already bought the maps for health, energy and shard pick-ups.
If you complete the item trading side quest, the final reward will help with that

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017

This one?

youtu.be

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Frog Kwolok Boss Fight Made Simple (Toad, Corrupted)

SIMPLE, EASY TO FOLLOW GUIDE/SOLUTION! Stuck? I got you! The Will of the Wisp: remain unfound. Thanks to Xbox for providing me with a review copy of the game!