• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have loved to contribute to that number but I have a deliverable deadline to finish this week.

I did purchase the game though!

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
So I'm allergic to backtracking, how bad is it in this game? I'm very interested but that's my only concern. Is it a big part of the game or is not really necessary?

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just gave up and bought the Steam version - Game Pass version is quite stutters a lot even after the patch (2080TI and 3900X here) and the fact I can't reduce a bit of the banding in gradients with Reshade + not playing well with G-Sync just settled it.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I've gone back through silent woods and the bird has appeared again. I'm stuck in the desert and can't see where to go. I know I need to hide from cover to cover but I'm at a bit where the air current lifts me up and there's nowhere for me to go in time. Anybody got through this bit?

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I've gone back through silent woods and the bird has appeared again. I'm stuck in the desert and can't see where to go. I know I need to hide from cover to cover but I'm at a bit where the air current lifts me up and there's nowhere for me to go in time. Anybody got through this bit?
Ride the wind current up to the right, jump on the pole and hide behind that piece of cloth there :)

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
We had over 400.000 unique users all playing Will of the Wisps yesterday... o_O
Congratulations, couldn't be more deserved. I'm sure people will spread the word of how good it is(I know I am) and it'll get even more people playing.

An idea just hit me: What do you think of removing the bow autoaim on the hard difficulty? Or maybe it could be put as a separate option in the settings? I find myself wishing I could 100% freely aim(and without the indicator) while holding down the arrow button(I think it also autoaims if you're facing the enemy and not holding a direction while tapping the button instead of holding it? So yeah, it'd be good if that too could be disabled).

Just an idea

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a fix for the audio buzzing on W10 Game Pass? I'd like to get past the intro but it's super rough

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Holy shit. Congratulations, Moon!

I'm debating whether to start it as soon as I finish Thimbleweed Park (because not only it leaves gamepass soon, but I don't like stopping games halfway for another game that I know will consume all my game time), or to wait for a couple patches more based on what improvements have been said to come. But I'm kinda anxious to play too. Probably will, before this weekend.

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished up. Really enjoyed it the sand chase sequence is by the best. The big bosses are all really good.

Played on hard which had its tough moments for the bosses, (spider 1/4 hp gimmick bound to piss people off on this difficulty if you're doing it blind), but it was real good

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Played about 3 hours. I'm loving it!

What a beautiful game. Everything about it. It it clear that so much care went into development.

I wish the team continued success and want to congratulate them for such a wonderful experience.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
God, I need more time in the day to be able to start this. No one has ever thought this, let alone uttered it before...and I hesitate to make waves, but being an adult sucks sometimes.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a fix for the audio buzzing on W10 Game Pass? I'd like to get past the intro but it's super rough
I read (thought I said F it, I'm not going to do it) that if you install the game on the C: (Main) drive it will help, if your C: drive is an SSD it should fix the issue). Again, I've not tried it, what I read on reddit.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Welp, this game in 21:9 and with ambient lighting is something else, Jesus Christ.

img_02499fkuk.jpg

img_02483jj9k.jpg

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Welp having a goddamn nightmare with the Xbox PC beta app and the Microsoft Store (surprise surprise). Tried to install the Ori update this morning and it just stalled out on me. No progress and basically forced me to uninstall the game...but I couldn't. So I had to restart my PC, then the Xbox Beta app wouldn't open, so I restarted again and finally managed to uninstall. Then just went through another restart to get the windows store to open my downloads properly and start it again. Finally just reinstalling it (File says 15 GB, so I hope it has the patch built in at this point) But my god what a fucking mess.

Honestly not had too many issues with PC Game Pass so far (aside from Final Fantasy XV just straight up not launching and I still don't know why), but my god Microsoft need to sort this shit out.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it 99%, had a few spirit containers left but I don't really care about those.

Beautiful game, that I would have probably paid more for easily. The soundtrack masterfully matched the scenes. Only thing that irked me was the ending but the actual scenes before the game ends made it palatable.

Probably the most solid 8/10 I ever played after GoW if we had to add some arbitrary score.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I'm actually stunned how beautiful this game is compared to blind forest. Videos on the phone don't do it justice...

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Btw, for people that think Sentry is underwhelming as a spell - You can actually cast 3 of them at a time. Upgrade it and it's one of the most powerful spells out there. Always experiment :)

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Yessss. Reinstalled on my c drive and the audio buzzing has gone.

Now I can enjoy the game as the clearly very loving creators intended.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Just gave up and bought the Steam version - Game Pass version is quite stutters a lot even after the patch (2080TI and 3900X here) and the fact I can't reduce a bit of the banding in gradients with Reshade + not playing well with G-Sync just settled it.
The banding is really bad. The first game I have had this issue with on my CRT. What ReShade plugin should I use to fix it? The game is beautiful otherwise, so I don't want to change the way it looks too much.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Welp, this game in 21:9 and with ambient lighting is something else, Jesus Christ.

img_02499fkuk.jpg

img_02483jj9k.jpg
I was looking at something like that I think from Philips but it was rather costly for the full package. Looks awesome though

Ooop,s, didn't see the link.

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the last dungeon and final boss of the game were kind of underwhelming. They didn't feel as polished as the rest of the game. It's just a maze with a bunch of lasers and very limited use of abilities, which isn't particularly challenging.

There's a new ability that makes other abilities obsolete. Instead of making a dungeon with interesting challenges that use the existing abilities, you can just spam the new ability, which feels cheap.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, for people that think Sentry is underwhelming as a spell - You can actually cast 3 of them at a time. Upgrade it and it's one of the most powerful spells out there. Always experiment :)

I realised this earlier this morning when I was struggling with a combat shrine and then my upgraded sentry's annihilated everything :)

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I think there's some kind of memory leak, on vanilla One S the more you play the more the game runs like shit, with softfreezes every two seconds. I turned off my console after playing thee hours because it was impossible going on.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta

Incredible. Thank you for sharing.

You all deserve the success. Ori 1 is one of my favorite games of the entire generation, and the bits I've played of Ori 2 seem even better. It's so impressive that you all have managed to make something in the Metroid formula that feels unique - no other game in this style does movement as well, which is why the games are the best in the genre.