• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda don't know what to do next?

My current main quest is to go to the watermill in the top left of the map but I can't seem to find a way to get to the top left part of the big central room.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Just started this on XBX. I don't think I've ever been disappointed with the performance of a game this much. The prolog was unbearable, and while the framerate is better past that point it's nowhere near what I expected. I'm going to stop for a few days in hopes some patch fixes this.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
This game has its hooks deep inside of me. Every free moment today has been spent on it. Into the Silent Woods now, and I'll stop to play tomorrow before work.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just started this on XBX. I don't think I've ever been disappointed with the performance of a game this much. The prolog was unbearable, and while the framerate is better past that point it's nowhere near what I expected. I'm going to stop for a few days in hopes some patch fixes this.

The most annoying thing so far is the map takes like a second too long to load. It's so annoying if you keep checking the map for collectibles.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Lovin ittt... but OOPH, this performance is getting worse. Taking longer to load ect.
Yes. Just checkpoints now, though they are often enough that it doesn't matter.

You get an ability to heal yourself with energy too so that's covered at least.
Checkpoints like Wells? So far it seems like every well is an hour or two apart... is there another way to save? I want to stop for a bit lol

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Lovin ittt... but OOPH, this performance is getting worse. Taking longer to load ect.

Checkpoints like Wells? So far it seems like every well is an hour or two apart... is there another way to save? I want to stop for a bit lol

I think he means autosaves and checkpoints. I quit just to check and it saved pretty close to where I randomly quit.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The game has a continuous auto save, so you're probably safe just quiting wherever you are. If you want to be 100% safe though, you should just fast travel to the nearest well, you can do it on the MAP.

Also, if you're playing on console, try closing the game and opening it again. This solve some issues.

Last edited:

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017

You have checkpoints in like every room (when you see the saving icon in the bottom left)

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I think he means autosaves and checkpoints. I quit just to check and it saved pretty close to where I randomly quit.
The game has a continuous auto save, so you're probably safe just quiting wherever you are. If you want to be safe though, you should just fast travel to a close by well, you can do it on the MAP.

Also, if you're playing on console, try closing the game and opening it again. This solve some issues.
You have checkpoints in like every room (when you see the saving icon in the bottom left)

ahhhhh thank you thank you!
I was paranoid a bit.

this games so good tho!!!

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Any synopsis on easy vs normal mode in terms of changes?

I never played the first one but wow does it ever give off vibes of hollow knight.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Is my game never going to start..

Are you on console ? If it so, try a full shutdown and reboot, this may resolve your problems.

------------------------------

Okay, after that heartbreaking sidequest involving the Moki family I'm ready to restart my playthrough... Even if I know that my heart will be broken again and I'll be left in tears :/

Last edited:

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
So im a complete fucking idiot. I just beat the spider boss( the first area i chose to go to of all the wisps) and heard people talking about regenerate and realized i didnt have it. Heres what my skills looked like after beating Mora. So i looked up where it was and realized that, like 6 hours prior, and multiple times since, ive just waltzed on past that tree while not realizing it had a power in it.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to say, I'd forgotten how well Ori controls. Probably the best controls in a Metroidvania I've experienced. Within minutes you feel like you can jump with absolute precision while flying through the world.

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say, I'd forgotten how well Ori controls. Probably the best controls in a Metroidvania I've experienced. Within minutes you feel like you can jump with absolute precision while flying through the world.

It feels a teeeeeeeeeensy bit too floaty for my liking (especially when trying to jump on specific bubbles) but overall it's fantastic.

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
Slight area spoilers. Please tell me I wasn't the only one trying to light the 2nd torch while avoiding the fire shrine. 45 mins later, we were shocked it actually worked. I was secretly hoping it would give a mystery achievement.

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

We were actually watching it live. You are absolutely crazy in the best possible way :) We never intended for this to work and internally we were making bets on whether or not it would activate the lantern. We were shocked that you made it, was quite amazing!

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Damn you thomasmahler! Why do you put us on such emotional rollercoasters!

Just finished it. Game of the Year. I dont think this will be topped for me this year either. What an absolute treasure of a game, thank you.

NightMystic

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone!
We are actively monitoring different forums to make sure everyone has good time playing Ori. Things seem to be looking quite a lot better since the last patch that landed on X1 and Win10, but our team is hard at work optimizing and fixing.

A few updates for the issues we've gathered so far:

Unusually bad performance on Xbox One X/S:
From what we've seen there's no obvious explanation for this one but all instances we've seen were solved by people reinstalling the game or moving it from external to internal hard drive on their console.

Occasional performance degradation after playing for long periods of time on X1S:
We have identified potential causes for this and will be hot patching this in the next days. In the mean-time the best remedy would be to restart the game if you can, this should eliminate any and all potential stutter.

Buzzing sound issues on Win10
The latest patch should remedy the issue significantly if not completely eliminate it. For those that are still having it on the latest Steam/Win10 version please check if you can exclude the game from your anti-virus software as we've seen that this completely fixed this issue in any test cases we've seen on our end.
We are also looking into updating to the later version of Wwise that should have a more robust fix for this.

Save Progress Being Lost
This issue should be completely fixed with the Day1 patch on X1 and Win10 latest patch. If you encounter anything like this please PM me directly.

Green Health Pickups not being collectible in some cases
This is already fixed and is waiting to get into the very next patch.

Additional planned future improvements
* We are adding exclusive mode to full-screen on PC. Hopefully this fixes any Gsync/Window Manager/etc issues.
* Ability to hide HUD or control its opacity with shortcuts on PC and potentially on the controller.
* A slider for motion blur amount on top of just On/Off. Fixing some cases of nauseating motion blur during camera pans in the game will also be included.
* A slider for game resolution separate from the UI resolution that allows running the game at a % of current window resolution, and even up-sample the game to run at higher resolutions which might be useful to those running a 1080p monitor but can run the game at 4k and want to get that extra bit of sharpness.
* HDR improvements and additional tweaks for X1 and later PC version.
* General optimization and improvements to specific enemies, areas and combat scenarios.

Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far!

THANK YOU!

Framerate was absolutely terrible for me on the One X. I deleted and reinstalled internally. It's running so much better!

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Had a really unfortunate freeze just as
the first chase sequence began.
Anti-climactic but what can you do.

Loving the game so far. It's a terrific sequel. Movement is still the best in the genre.

My only complaint thus far is that I'm not sure why bash and
grapple
are on the same button. With one of the abilities it can cause problems where I try to use bash on an enemy but the other goes off instead.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
Day one patch did not help with the constant micro stuttering I was experiencing. However, turning off gsync actually did. So now I'll finally be able to jump in and play this game for real.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slight area spoilers. Please tell me I wasn't the only one trying to light the 2nd torch while avoiding the fire shrine. 45 mins later, we were shocked it actually worked. I was secretly hoping it would give a mystery achievement.

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

I'm so glad this worked. It's good game design/programming. If it was something like Fallen Order it wouldn't have!

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Game's amazing, but I have very weird hiccups when everything just stops for a split second, together with a sound - and it makes a noise that reminds me of long-forgotten Windows XP bluescreen.

It's honestly pretty scary. (Windows Gamepass here)

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
Game's amazing, but I have very weird hiccups when everything just stops for a split second, together with a sound - and it makes a noise that reminds me of long-forgotten Windows XP bluescreen.

It's honestly pretty scary. (Windows Gamepass here)

Please try excluding the game from your antivirus or windows defender if you're using that one and see if it helps.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Hey everyone!
We are actively monitoring different forums to make sure everyone has good time playing Ori. Things seem to be looking quite a lot better since the last patch that landed on X1 and Win10, but our team is hard at work optimizing and fixing.

A few updates for the issues we've gathered so far:

Unusually bad performance on Xbox One X/S:
From what we've seen there's no obvious explanation for this one but all instances we've seen were solved by people reinstalling the game or moving it from external to internal hard drive on their console.

Occasional performance degradation after playing for long periods of time on X1S:
We have identified potential causes for this and will be hot patching this in the next days. In the mean-time the best remedy would be to restart the game if you can, this should eliminate any and all potential stutter.

Buzzing sound issues on Win10
The latest patch should remedy the issue significantly if not completely eliminate it. For those that are still having it on the latest Steam/Win10 version please check if you can exclude the game from your anti-virus software as we've seen that this completely fixed this issue in any test cases we've seen on our end.
We are also looking into updating to the later version of Wwise that should have a more robust fix for this.

Save Progress Being Lost
This issue should be completely fixed with the Day1 patch on X1 and Win10 latest patch. If you encounter anything like this please PM me directly.

Green Health Pickups not being collectible in some cases
This is already fixed and is waiting to get into the very next patch.

Additional planned future improvements
* We are adding exclusive mode to full-screen on PC. Hopefully this fixes any Gsync/Window Manager/etc issues.
* Ability to hide HUD or control its opacity with shortcuts on PC and potentially on the controller.
* A slider for motion blur amount on top of just On/Off. Fixing some cases of nauseating motion blur during camera pans in the game will also be included.
* A slider for game resolution separate from the UI resolution that allows running the game at a % of current window resolution, and even up-sample the game to run at higher resolutions which might be useful to those running a 1080p monitor but can run the game at 4k and want to get that extra bit of sharpness.
* HDR improvements and additional tweaks for X1 and later PC version.
* General optimization and improvements to specific enemies, areas and combat scenarios.

Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far!
Any chance you are looking at localization issues? Currently both Chinese languages are missing a lot of characters, like this:

NTgSeEn.png

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Just cleared the water mill, unlocked the triple jump and making my way back. Picked up some side quests but one of them is not completing. It's giving me a hint for the location for a combat shrine, but I had already cleared it before picking up the quest. I go back and re enter the combat shrine, did it multiple times but the quest won't clear. Bug?

Loving it so far though. The combat is really fucking ace. Combining the grapple enemy attack with combos following by launching them into each other is just so smooth.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game is absolutely incredible. They really pulled off what they set out to do, improved on an already great game.

And yeah holy hell the soundtrack.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I love it so far (like 2 hours in) but I already decided that I won't buy maps anymore. It simply is not fun to have entire map revealed.