• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WKdI0c8.png

Encountered my first bug in the game. Whatever this blue line here is on the left.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if I'll just keep sticky on for the entire game. Haven't taken it off since I got it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the prices of shards/upgrades must be more expensive on Hard mode because they're REALLY expensive and I can't afford anything.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
so... weird...

the patch on PC gamepass was stuck at 667 mb out of 8 gb... i put it on pause and relaunch the download... but it immediatly said that it successfully installed

I checked the game parameter and it says it weight 15.1 gb now compared to 15.0 gb before...despite the patch supposedly being 8 gb... what gives?

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
The game needs a "restart at checkpoint" menu point. Just had a game breaking bug. Was within walls when I was on those spinning wheels at the mill. Had to quit and restart.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Gotta say, combat feels much nicer here. Was messing around with the hammer, and man is this fun to have. Glad I went with that first!

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
Game is glorious but I've had quite a few freezes that last a second or two, I'm on the bog standard Xbox though.
This was the game that made me buy Gamepass last year.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
so... weird...

the patch on PC gamepass was stuck at 667 mb out of 8 gb... i put it on pause and relaunch the download... but it immediatly said that it successfully installed

I checked the game parameter and it says it weight 15.1 gb now compared to 15.0 gb before...despite the patch supposedly being 8 gb... what gives?
Download sizes for patches don't say much. I downloaded more than 10GB for a Battlefield 5 update and the actual install size didn't increase much more than a few hundred MB's.

What probably happened is that the progress indication just got stuck, but the data downloaded as normal. When you paused and restarted, the indicator just catched up and the DL was probably finished already.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the list of people getting the audio buzzing sounds. Playing the Win10 version using GamePass.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please help me in regards to the luma pools area? I've just entered it for the first time and I'm stuck in a small underwater area after being forced down there by a strong current above me, and all I've got near me is an unbreakable wall.

I can't teleport out of the area, and if I kill myself the checkpoint starts me in that bit.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my 100% hard run (getting sick with a cold sucks, but at least it hit at the right time). Didn't see that the day-one patch hit PC Gamepass until I finished, so it was all done on vanilla, I guess you could call it. I hit some REALLY bad slowdown yesterday against a boss
The Spider
. We're talking frames per minute, not per second. Made it near unplayable. I also encountered the buzzing sound, but probably less than 5 times. Everything I played today was completely smooth though, even before the patch. I have an i5-2500k and a 1080.

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Playing the PC Game Pass version on Ryzen 7 2700x / Titan X (Pascal) / 16 GB RAM @ 1440p and performance has been great so far. Hovers around 130-144 fps, thinking about locking it to 120 ti keep it stable. Using the day 1 patch.

Only... I encountered a game breaking bug :(

Right before getting the first ability (Spirit Edge), I sort of clipped through the world. I was approaching the glowing tree, when Ori fell through the floor and a couple of screens scrolled past. I ended up a ways back from the tree, up on the edge before jumping down, and the game gave me a prompt about how to use the ability before suddenly showing a cut scene of Gumo and Naru looking for Ori. After the cut scene ends, the prompt shows up again but nothing happens when I press LT. I have tried reloading the save and rebooting the game, but I still cannot activate the ability. I'm basically stuck at this:

dBIeUBc.png

Timexy

Oct 30, 2017
so... weird...

Depends on the way the game and/or platform works. Sometimes the patch is for a 8GB file but because the game/platform can't do differential patching it has to download the entire 8GB file again.

I'm not saying that is the case tho, just an observation.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Can someone please help me in regards to the luma pools area? I've just entered it for the first time and I'm stuck in a small underwater area after being forced down there by a strong current above me, and all I've got near me is an unbreakable wall.

I can't teleport out of the area, and if I kill myself the checkpoint starts me in that bit.
Are there any of those monster plant things that shoot goop at you down there? Iirc there should be one that you bash at a wall to break to get free

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Just started the game(PC gamepass) and I'm done with the first quest. stuttering is annoying and frequent and it's ruining the experience. Gonna check for the update people are talking about.

edit: damn the update size is huge.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Another small graphical glitch: There's supposed to be a rope-thing there.

r0ihnu.jpg

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Patched the game on PC and still don't see the option to use the dpad? Can anyone confirm this for me? This whole thing has been confusing.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Patch wasn't triggering for me but I was able to go to the store page on W10 Microsoft Store app and manually select update and it triggered.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any of those monster plant things that shoot goop at you down there? Iirc there should be one that you bash at a wall to break to get free

Yes I've just worked this out Haha

You have to aim his projectile right in the centre of the blockage to knock it down it turns out, whereas when I tried before I was hitting it a little off centre.

Oct 25, 2017
Now game downloads the ori patch to 54% and then freezes

tried 3 times

off to steam i go

edit: i have never had ANY issues with the w10 store previous to this and have been using it since game pass for pc came out. Never had the "not uninstalling games" issue or not downloading games not launching games, nothing. All of these threads that pop up-not one issue happened to me.

Ill give it another chance for the next big release but if its this shit on the next game, cancelling gamepass.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing the prices of shards/upgrades must be more expensive on Hard mode because they're REALLY expensive and I can't afford anything.
They are (or the exp gain is lessened, forget which), it's designed so you can't get all the upgrades in Hard mode in a playthrough. That's presumably part of the reason why Thomas recommends people don't play it first.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
thomasmahler

FYI encountered a pretty minor bug. Initiated the quest for the rumor about the shrine in the Howl's Den...but I had already completed that shrine, and now the quest can't be completed, even if I go there and beat the combat shrine again.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ok I'm confused

I'm in the second part of the game and exploring Baur's reach, the ice area. I have to light fires here but I'm at a part where I have to bounce a fireball two times in a row to reach a torch to light an area. Now I did that, but there's no clear way forward and I accidentally put out the fire so I have to do it over again. Maybe I'm doing this the hard way? There's a hanging candle I can't light. There's also sand in this area and I'm wondering if I'm missing an upgrade. I went here straight after getting the Wisps mission.

Thanks if anyone can help me out

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Ok I'm confused

I'm in the second part of the game and exploring Baur's reach, the ice area. I have to light fires here but I'm at a part where I have to bounce a fireball two times in a row to reach a torch to light an area. Now I did that, but there's no clear way forward and I accidentally put out the fire so I have to do it over again, but I'm thinking I'm doing this the hard way maybe? There's also sand in this area and I'm wondering if I'm missing an upgrade. I went here straight after getting the Wisps mission.

Thanks if anyone can help me out

Once you have that fire lit, go back above ground and there should be a way opened up (either ice melting or something else)

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Patch wasn't triggering for me but I was able to go to the store page on W10 Microsoft Store app and manually select update and it triggered.

Same, although this required clicking around to figure out where the "update" option was (hidden in a three-dot menu indicator). I could go on for hours about my woes with the W10 Store. I still can't install W10 Store games to my ExFAT-formatted drives, for example.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Same, although this required clicking around to figure out where the "update" option was (hidden in a three-dot menu indicator). I could go on for hours about my woes with the W10 Store. I still can't install W10 Store games to my ExFAT-formatted drives, for example.
I just clicked the download icon in the top right and it was right there.

I'll take your and everyone else's word for it though, this is only like the 3rd game I've ever played off here and luckily haven't had issues.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Sooo is it worth downloading the update? If it doesn't fix the audio bug then what does this update even do?

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
So, the game just update, pretty big in size, thought it was to fix problem that caused the sound bug, but nothing, all the problems are still there. What was the point of the update?

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I am loving this game but did anyone run into a massive difficult spike?

The frog boss in Luma Springs? I am getting my ass absolutely handed to me. I can get to the second phase but with the ability to use my heal I am not good enough to avoid the hits enough to wear him down before he gets me. Any tips? I am sending the projectiles back at him but man, he's got a lot of health.

I went there as my first wisp and now I'm wondering if I should have saved it for later.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I have played around 1½ hours and the game feels pretty fantastic. I was a bit afraid since it was mentioned that they took some inspiration from Hollow Knight this time. But I haven't had the same annoyances I had with HK.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I played two hours on the X and have had no significant issues. It hasn't felt as challenging as the first one so far, but they really elevated the visuals, music, and combat. I never thought it would feel that good for Ori to swing a sword.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
I am loving this game but did anyone run into a massive difficult spike?

The frog boss in Luma Springs? I am getting my ass absolutely handed to me. I can get to the second phase but with the ability to use my heal I am not good enough to avoid the hits enough to wear him down before he gets me. Any tips? I am sending the projectiles back at him but man, he's got a lot of health.

I went there as my first wisp and now I'm wondering if I should have saved it for later.

Use the bow, remember to change your shards to just those that will be useful for the fight (I forgot to do this until the final boss and it makes a huge difference!), and stay out of the water as much as you can. Remember that he wants you there. What I did was jump out of the water on one side, swim underneath, and then jump out of it on the other. Also, in phase one, try to only have him pound on the left and right side. If he never pounds in the middle, the spikes won't show up.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
For games through Game Pass I always use the Xbox app - there was an update button plain as day above the Play button on the Ori page.

Avoids the W10 store entirely that way, just a heads up for peeps.