• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So happy I'm deep into Yakuza 0 on gamepass at the minute, becuase it is upsetting to hear about these performance issues. Hopefully they are ironed out soon.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
On Steam we should have all of our latest fixes in, Win10 will get a patch tomorrow and hopefully this addresses most if not all audio issues. Please PM me with any additional information so I can verify for certain.

Should be fixed in the next patch too and we'll probably speed up the fade to black/from black as well.
Just to clarify, by tomorrow do you mean the 12th and not the 11th?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
How do i get to the Mill? Kinda stuck here.
ES0izBRWoAA6p6H

ES0i3ZdWkAA0XLn

PeaceSeeker

Chicken Chaser
Apr 17, 2018
I find it very strange that people are reporting mixed things on xbox one x performance. Particularlly, I'm on xbox one X with the 1.0.4193.0 patch (stock internal HDD) and I played yesterday as soon as it unlocked here (midnight CET) for 40 minutes... it was awful. For sure it doesn't feel like a 60 fps game, but sometimes it didn't feel right for a 30 fps game either. It may be framepacing or whatever, plus the slowdowns, but when it felt really smooth it didn't last and it made the "smooth" sections look more like uncapped 30 fps than "aiming for 60". Shame I can't record that at 60 fps but I think it would be noticeable even in a 30 fps video. Gotta reinstall Blind Forest and see how it compares but I'm sure it will only make Will of the Wisps more awful in comparison.

Does the xbox have an option to defrag or something like that? I sould try that, or deleting some big game and Ori and then redownloading. But I dunno...

thomasmahler GennadiyKorol and team, if we can help in any way for debugging, I'm all about it. And btw, I don't know if that will come with the next patch with HDR adjustments, but the paperwhite option and others could use more explanation to those like me who are new to HDR, and maybe some calibration image as other games have. Maybe some motion blur slider too, not just on or off, if that was technically possible (I can't decide on letting that on or off).

Really? That is, on what platform?

Shit. My case is not that extreme, but yes that area works so bad. And the one right after you start a new game too, with the lights between the trees. Also the Ori running animation has slomo like slowdowns sometimes, which have happened to me in gameplay occasionally too but not that severe.

Thank you, very much! Btw, is the playthrough timer correction on xbox supposed to be live already, with the 1.0.4193.0 patch?
I find it very strange that people are reporting mixed things on xbox one x performance. Particularlly, I'm on xbox one X with the 1.0.4193.0 patch (stock internal HDD) and I played yesterday as soon as it unlocked here (midnight CET) for 40 minutes... it was awful. For sure it doesn't feel like a 60 fps game, but sometimes it didn't feel right for a 30 fps game either. It may be framepacing or whatever, plus the slowdowns, but when it felt really smooth it didn't last and it made the "smooth" sections look more like uncapped 30 fps than "aiming for 60". Shame I can't record that at 60 fps but I think it would be noticeable even in a 30 fps video. Gotta reinstall Blind Forest and see how it compares but I'm sure it will only make Will of the Wisps more awful in comparison.

Does the xbox have an option to defrag or something like that? I sould try that, or deleting some big game and Ori and then redownloading. But I dunno...

thomasmahler GennadiyKorol and team, if we can help in any way for debugging, I'm all about it. And btw, I don't know if that will come with the next patch with HDR adjustments, but the paperwhite option and others could use more explanation to those like me who are new to HDR, and maybe some calibration image as other games have. Maybe some motion blur slider too, not just on or off, if that was technically possible (I can't decide on letting that on or off).

Really? That is, on what platform?
Xbox One X and windows store version

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Played about an hour and a half on the original Xbox One. This is so, so good.

Mouvement is great, visuals are insane, variety is already pretty impressive. I wonder if I should have played on Hard though, it's not particularly easy right now, but I don't feel like Hard would have been so much harder.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any one I can move my saves from the Gamepass version to Steam thomasmahler ?

I've got the steam version because it's performing much better but I'd rather not start over and continue my 4hour save from the Win Version.

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
I am playing the Steam version and have had zero issues so far. I ended going with the hard difficulty and it feels just right to me. I'm having a blast. Everything is incredible. Just looking at the animations of Ori consecutively swinging his sword gives me joy

Last edited:

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
You can jump in this game. Maybe read the recap in the OT. But its a not a bad thing to play the first game also tho. Wich is amazing also.
And probably cheap to get nowadays.
I installed both on my PC thanks to gamepass so I think I'll just play the first one since everyone says it's great

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DS4 support is completely busted in this game. Tried the Steam DS4 support but the inputs are really weird and changing them in Big Picture mode doesn't work either. Also tried DS4Windows which works fine until the controller disconnects, then I have to restart the game, also my right trigger for some reason decided to have the same input as the left trigger which means I can't grab objects anymore...

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I never got around to beating the first game but I wanted to give this one a try. It's already waaaaaay better and I love it. The first game is very good but the combat and the saving method didn't vibe with me.

I think I'll beat this one then go back to finish Blind Forest lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
When enter Wellspring

And you go into that cave with the sound and there is a big ass bear just sleeping there. I was ready for a big fight haha.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to lose any more progress so unfortunately I'm not playing more until the Windows Store/Game Pass version is patched. Pretty ridiculous when even MS games can't have full patch parity with Steam on a given day.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
GennadiyKorol Would you please consider giving us a way to hide the hud when you're done taking care of things that have high priority? I know buttons are all assigned on console, but PC has plenty to spare, so it would be amazing if you did it for at least for PC. And it could work with double thumbstick click or something on console too I guess. The game looks absolutely amazing and being able to take screenshots without the hud would be amazing

GennadiyKorol on console, maybe just an autohide option is ok. I don't know how much work it would suppose though but it would be really cool to have.
Sorry if we are collectively overwhelming you and thomasmahler with feedback and "demanding" updates and fixes, but it's just that we love the Ori games as you do and just want to love them even more.

Xbox One X and windows store version

So reinstalling fixed performance on both versions? Really strange, but worth a try though.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels like going from Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 levels of improvement. Its better in pretty much every way, which is crazy considering how good the first game is.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Steam version.

This game drops frames all the time when you're on the move, but goes back up to 60fps when you're stationary. Some shenanigans are afoot.

edit: it's not as bad as it sounds, just a performance nitpick.

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Having finished the first Ori yesterday for the second time as well, some things are not really to my liking.

The graphics are made extremely soft and dreamlike, more so than the first one. Even some rocks and tree stumbs are all wubbely. Some enemies glow so much, it's hard to make them out (the stomper for example). The controls are less direct, which is a good thing for some slower paced things (for example climbing up those in-the-air-hanging tree stumps) but it just does not feel as fast pased to traverse the world. Lastly I really miss the abilitly to manually put checkpoints, I feel like this was a special feature of the first one.

Still, especially the intro was absolutely lovely and I think I will grow to like the combat. The absolute best part about the game is the music to me though. Holy shit it's probably the best I heard since a looong time. Mesmerizing!

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
The graphics are made extremely soft and dreamlike, more so than the first one. Even some rocks and tree stumbs are all wubbely. Some enemies glow so much, it's hard to make them out (the stomper for example). The controls are less direct, which is a good thing for some slower paced things (for example climbing up those in-the-air-hanging tree stumps) but it just does not feel as fast pased to traverse the world. Lastly I really miss the abilitly to manually put checkpoints, I feel like this was a special feature of the first one.
They changed from 2d to 3d assets as far as I know, so it is all 3d models now to allow for smoother animations. Disabling motion blur helped a lot to make things appear more crisp.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit! Never has a game made me fall in love with the story in the first 5 minutes like this game has. It's absolutely mesmerizing and brilliant. Looks like a painting came alive. And that music ❤️❤️❤️!

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
They changed from 2d to 3d assets as far as I know, so it is all 3d models now to allow for smoother animations. Disabling motion blur helped a lot to make things appear more crisp.
I will try that, thanks, altough I think I will pause playing the game and wait for some performance improvements on Xbox One X. Framerate really goes down sometimes, especially during heated moments where you need it most.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Wat. What hardware are you running it on? That definitely sounds very odd.
Similar things are happening to me too. CPU usage is much higher in this game than it is with Ori 1.. which is understandable... but I'm getting hitches and stutters while traversing as the game is streaming in data. I'm normally like 150-200fps though...it's not a gpu issue.

6700K, 32GB ram, and installed on an SSD. Could be the CPU... but then you'd think that would be plenty.

I hope you guys can improve it.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
What a mess this is.

I've got the Steam version because the marvelous Win version isn't patched. (Hitching, bugs, no-pad support, bugs, audio problems)

Saves aren't compatible between the 2 so I'd have to take a 5 hour loss if I were to start over.

When I try to log in with my microsoft account(thinking this might sync up my saves) into the Ori steam version the game just hangs up, then crashes.

Wonderful.

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
Love the race trials as I'm one who can sit for a long time perfecting a run, but the two I had were a bit on the easy side. Would have been neat if you could choose a harder ghost for some added bonuses.

ZakBlade

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
so I've seen a lot of inconsistent reporting on the performance on Xbox. I'm playing on the base Xbox one, and it feels like I'm getting sub-15fps in most areas. This is weird because ori 1 ran like a dream on this same console. Is this running well for other people on the base Xbox one, or is it just me? And does anyone know any way to fix it?

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Yeah considering getting the patched steam version aswell. This whole patch verification system from microsoft on win10 is a joke.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
What a mess this is.

I've got the Steam version because the marvelous Win version isn't patched.

Saves aren't compatible between the 2 so I'd have to take a 5 hour loss if I were to start over.

When I try to log in with my microsoft account(thinking this might sync up my saves) into the Ori steam version the game just hangs up, then crashes.

Wonderful.
Sorry to hear but thanks for the information, that's making me not buying the Steam version afterall as I also started on Gamepass for ¬4hrs.
This is the last time I am using Gamepass, I will end my subscription and stick to other shops from now on. Gamepass users are always 5 steps behind as it seems, fed up with this. Microsoft had a good opportunity but they are fucking it up big time again and again.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Played the first one and completed more than 10 times . Performance wise, this compared to the first one is really messy..Freezes constantly on X. Blurry projectile from enemies. Texture pop in. Etc etc.