• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Installed the brand new patch and tested some areas out, no changes at all. But if some of you have an Xbox One X, test it out for yourself. This exact position with the Ori head has 2 mosquito, one snail on the right and one red blobb, fighting there, after doing it 3 more times, I would even argue it goes under 30, maybe 25, it runs horrendous there.

Fighting in the area with the red dot also drops to easily 40 and under, it feels like slow motion when you jump around and hit attack.

MtbRa9c.png

Just fought these guys... It was smooth, no fps drop or any tech shenanigans. I really don't know what could be the problem with you, maybe try cold reset / clear cache

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Also performance for me is pretty good I'd say. 4k hovers around 100 fps and I have a 3770k..with a 1070. Motion blur off!

There are bad drops in certain areas like the waterfall to around 40 but apart from that it shouldn't stop you buying this.

At 1080p I'm hitting a perfect 75hz with 33% gpu utilisation with a hitch or two when entering new areas. Hardly what I'd call performance issues..

EDIT: I'm launching through steam. This worked perfectly and gave me better frametimes with blind forest... Try it out :)

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im on game pass pc and changing the time and date doesn't work, the time until unlock just adjusts to whatever timezone I put in. The game pass app just updated, maybe that fixed the method?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Tempted to drop the difficulty down. Really hate the checkpointing during boss/escape sections. Having to go through 20-30 seconds of the same thing just to get to the fight is annoying.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
Also performance for me is pretty good I'd say. 4k hovers around 100 fps and I have a 3770k..with a 1070. Motion blur off!

There are bad drops in certain areas like the waterfall to around 40 but apart from that it shouldn't stop you buying this.

At 1080p I'm hitting a perfect 75hz with 33% gpu utilisation with a hitch or two when entering new areas. Hardly what I'd call performance issues..

EDIT: I'm launching through steam. This worked perfectly and gave me better frametimes with blind forest... Try it out :)
How did you get it through steam already? :)

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know how a game dropping to 40 fps in some of the heavier parts of the game is considered "running like shit". Maybe I'm naive for believe anything over 30 fps is good

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I can't wait to play this when I get a XSX this fall. My most-anticipated game of the year, but I'm not buying an Xbox One at this point just for this title.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh, the title screen was blurry coming from 4k Blind Forest. The options menu doesn't apply anything higher than native res so I had to set my desktop res to 4k before running it and now the game itself is 4k.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, hopefully this isn't a spoiler, but taking away the triple jump during race sequences is a low blow.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
So, are we sure it's not hdr on pc? The game looks absolutely stunning and my TV sticks to HDR mode when the game is running. If it is not really hdr I can't even imagine how good it will look with it...

Really unfortunate with the performance issues though. I'm playing at 1440p/120hz and the game sticks to 120fps 98% of the time. There are some occasional drops but I've never seen it go below 113. But regardless the game has constant micro stutters. It's not a deal breaker but it's really disappointing.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I don't know how a game dropping to 40 fps in some of the heavier parts of the game is considered "running like shit". Maybe I'm naive for believe anything over 30 fps is good

Yes you are. It's supposed to run at locked 60. That's what this kind of game needs, what they promised us and that's what we're used to from the first game, even on the Switch. Rock solid 60.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
I think there is something wrong with Vsync in the game:

My 4k TV can disable Vsync and run 100+ in game. My 75hz 1080p screen cannot...disabling Vsync does nothing. Very strange.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been loving this so far.

Didn't watch much of this before release but I'm liking the combat overhaul a lot. Still has a lot of the Ori staples like enemies blowing up eachother, or being able to knock them into spikes to kill them, but now individual hits feel pretty solid.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at these graphics. If you told me this transitions to prerendered cut scenes for it's intro sweep I wouldn't blink an eye. Madness.

gman7722

Oct 24, 2019
First world problem/question here...should I play this on my pc or Xbox one X?
Xbox one X is connected to an OLED tv and I image this game will look beautiful with hdr. Also, if the X can run this game at 4K 60fps that's great.
My pc is hooked up to an ultrawide Alienware monitor. 1440p resolution, no hdr. But my 2080 super can probably run this game north of 100fps.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Are you on Xbox One or XOneX ?

Gimme a minute, I'll confirm the game size, but the preload was around 6 or 7GB, then the Day One Patch was around the same size. The newest update was around 4 or 5GB too.

About the game, I can't stop playing (but was forced to). It's so good, and as other user said, the variety in scenery is jaw dropping. Hit the HUB Camp and I'm in love with the Moki's, they're SOOOOO cute.

Still running like butter!

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

The fluctuation feels bad. I'd rather have the game run at a locked 30fps than fluctuate between 40 and 60.

I haven't actually played the game, I'm not commenting on whether it runs like shit or not, but there's more to a game feeling good than the framerate simply being over an arbitrary number.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a weird bug in the PC version.

First encounter with the return of the little horned ramming beetles (at least for me), there was a switch near it, so did the switch before engaging, ending up dying. Respawned me in an area far away I hadn't been to before behind a rock wall. Went all the way back, investigated a Spirit Trial rumor, it looked like it was teleporting me somewhere and then I was back where it started, with a "rumor solved" message. Weird, but went back to the beetle area, and it doesn't spawn anymore, and clearly the rock it breaks through has an additional area behind it (can see some platforms).

Not sure what to do at this point, because it feels like at the very least I've gotten locked out of some early optional content.

Edit: Found a way to the back beetle area, but not sure what the spirit trial thing was supposed to do.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The fluctuation feels bad. I'd rather have the game run at a locked 30fps than fluctuate between 40 and 60.

I haven't actually played the game, I'm not commenting on whether it runs like shit or not, but there's more to a game feeling good than the framerate simply being over an arbitrary number.
True. Some people also have like zero tolerance for anything other than perfection and the numbers they obsess over. I don't care about resolution or frame rate. As long as it looks and feels good, it could be 480i at 15fps for all I care