• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Just got the dash and it feels so good. Combined with spamming the Spirit Edge you can go places! I'm saving up for triple jump, so let's see how difficult it get without buying any weapons or upgrades. Juggling multiple ground and air enemies, popping arrows mid air and using the sword is really fun! Looks stunning in ultrawide without any stuttering on my 1080. I'm gonna hook up my PC to the OLED later and see where I'm gonna end up.

Ahhhh the spinning animation when you dash on to a pole is just the best!!!

Once you obtain Dash, the game really begins to stretch it's legs out. However, there are still more great things/abilities ahead! :)

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Running a 2080gtx/9900k and its smooth, but I wish with all the things they copied from hollow knight, they didn't take the death system. I kinda feel death is meaningless, and thus abilities and slots (sorry I forget the correct term) for survivability don't really matter.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The game looks amazing and I really like it so far, but it became pretty unplayable for me about 2,5 hours in. It hangs for at least 5 seconds every ~1-2 minutes. Most of the time mid jump or in the middle of combat. I'm playing on Xbox One S (stock hard drive) with the Day 1 patch installed.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So I've played a good 4 hours now and absolutely loving it (no surprise). But the audio hitches make me want to wait for the day 1 patch to pop up on PC Game Pass. Just did the
first escape sequence
and the sheer majesty of it all was undercut by the audio buzzing interrupting the amazing music. Such a bummer and don't want that to happen again in the subsequent ones.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think I solved the puzzle in
Midnight Burrows
the right way, but my way worked!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
To be fair you are better off with no preload on steam. Downloading it when its out is probably faster then unpacking. :P

Not when it takes 24 hours to download 10GB sadly ... :(
Losing half an hour to decrypt is nothing compared to that.

That said, it's not a 60GB download... so i won't wait a week. (will be able to play this weekend).

edit: even more annoying when the game is available for those who didn't pay *sigh* (not talking about gamepass there)

Milpool

Oct 27, 2017

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
Does not run smooth at all on my rig. 3700x with a 2070 super. A lot of stuttering. Is the "day one" patch out on pc?

I'm not gonna play the game in its current state. What a disappointment =(

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
Do we know if the Day one patch is out for console version? If not, maybe i'll wait for it tomorrow to avoid some of these progress bugs. :(

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited, but some of the issues I'm reading about are making me hesitant and wonder if I'm better off just waiting for the eventual DE like I did with Blind Forest. :(

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
I've played the first hour and the game looks excellent.
However, there are some frame drops when new locations are loaded and in cutscenes (playing in 4k on 1080ti, game is installed on ssd).
I am sure that issues will be ironed out eventually, but lack of polish and no HDR means that I won't be playing this soon.
And that is really disappointing. I was so hyped to play this and now I have to wait...

Last edited:

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Does not run smooth at all on my rig. 3700x with a 2070 super. A lot of stuttering. Is the "day one" patch out on pc?

I'm not gonna play the game in its current state. What a disappointment =(

imo we dont have it on pc, because the version numbers dont add up. Same stuttering problems on my I7 8700K/RTX2080 Rig so you're not alone with that, specially when the camera is moving fast.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you unlock this early on Steam using a VPN or something?

desu

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna get to play soon, but I am watching the wife play (and she loves it already).

Game and music are incredible!

The only downside currently are the hiccups (XBX), but the wife does not notice it as much as I do.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Dont think the pc version has the day one patch yet. Because d-pad is disabled. Wich is part of the day one patch.

On X atm is fine for me. Zero issues so far. Runs great.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Don't have the day 1 patch on PC yet but the game plays fine. There are random 1-2 secs drops but not at all consistent and few and far between. Not reproducible as far as I can tell so something weird is going on but its not a deal breaker. I would prefer to play it this way than have the day 1 patch which took a big hit on visuals. Hopefully my game won't auto update.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have the day 1 patch on PC yet but the game plays fine. There are random 1-2 secs drops but not at all consistent and few and far between. Not reproducible as far as I can tell so something weird is going on but its not a deal breaker. I would prefer to play it this way than have the day 1 patch which took a big hit on visuals. Hopefully my game won't auto update.

what? the game looks better with the day 1 patch.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sitting here watching critical role with the game's steam page on my second screen. It's midnight in about an hour and I'm hoping the game opens up. I don't think I can go to sleep without at least trying it tonight lol

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loving the game but I'll wait to play further . I was day one on this as ori is one of my favourite ever, but no HDR on pc is a H U G E bummer for me. It's perfect for it with its colours and blacks in the game. Hopefully it comes soon :(

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
what? the game looks better with the day 1 patch.
I hope so. Take this example, the glow in the eyes is completely missing and some other areas seem to have a bit different lighting.

ui7vIWt.jpg

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
but no HDR on pc is a H U G E bummer for me. It's perfect for it with its colours and blacks in the game.

I feel better knowing that I am not the only one.
HDR is an important feature, but it's still not being treated as one.
At-least it is not as bad as what happened with A Plague Tale or Forza Horizon 3. The support will come...eventually.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017

I wish I could record internally in 60fps... Would be much easier to show...
I swear I had a situation next to that area with 2 flying mosquito and one red opponent on the wall and it went down under 40fps while jumping around. It's not fun to play like this. A performance mode where we can deactivate 4K could help...

You have a built in 4k/60 FPS recorder in your Xbox One X. just record what happened or start recording from the dash. Just upload it to youtube.