• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having the exact same audio buzz issue. Seems to only happen when in a cutscene, a character talks, or transitioning to a new area (with new music). Hasn't been constant in my 2 hours of play, but definitely annoying when it happens

Have the exact same issue.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Not sure if related, but I tried the NZ trick (I live in Montreal), fired up the game... Got to the loading screen (Ori running), and it has crashed my XB1X twice. Is this a known issue?

Edit: I have tried 2 more times with no luck. Game crashes at the same spot every time. Guess my trip to NZ was a short one.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You probably don't want to turn it down, you won't get clipping.
Go to Windows 10 settings, change your region. No reboot needed. You can change it back after a few hours when the game launched in your specific region.

All right, thanks to both of you for answering! :) Just tried the region change and it worked flawlessly.

One last question, though. Is that Day One patch already out on PC Game Pass? Got that weird buzzing noise bug that was mentioned here, too.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of different environments within the first part of the game. Feels more like a whole world.

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
Ori%2Band%2Bthe%2BWill%2Bof%2Bthe%2BWisps%2B%25285%2529.png

this game is.. really really crazy.

If you have a TV that supports HDR, make sure you play this game.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think you're just a pretty damn good player. Hard is very challenging and the escapes are 25% tougher... I mean, even I die every now and then trying to do them on Hard. Hard Mode was specifically made for people who played through the game at least once on Normal Mode, sort of as a 'Quest B' type of situation where you now have to play much more strategically and have to know exactly what you're doing or you'll get punished.

Out of interest, how does the '25% tougher' manifest? Are the hazards faster on Hard or does it vary depending on the sequence?

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Call me stupid but I really don't know the particulars of HDR through PC.

If I connect to my 4K HDR TV from my PC via HDMI will it automatically allow for HDR in settings or whatever?

Counting the hours left at work... only decision will be if I want the beauty or the smoothness of my monitor.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thanks for the help, thought I have to backtrack for the tooth not go forward. 😅

Unfortunately, had another huge 3 second freeze right before the quest giver area.
That really annoys me.
Playing on the X, internally.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017

If I connect to my 4K HDR TV from my PC via HDMI will it automatically allow for HDR in settings or whatever?

Counting the hours left at work... only decision will be if I want the beauty or the smoothness of my monitor.
A lot of games require you to turn on the HDR setting in Windows for the option to pop in-game. With that being said, I just tried it on my PC (doing the New Zealand trick) and the option didn't come up so I wonder if the Day 1 patch is not out on PC still?

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I seriously can't play the pc game pass version with a dualshock 4??? I can only walk, jump and open the map, is this a known problem with windows 10 and game pass? Only got game pass now to play early...

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
Just got the dash and it feels so good. Combined with spamming the Spirit Edge you can go places! I'm saving up for triple jump, so let's see how difficult it get without buying any weapons or upgrades. Juggling multiple ground and air enemies, popping arrows mid air and using the sword is really fun! Looks stunning in ultrawide without any stuttering on my 1080. I'm gonna hook up my PC to the OLED later and see where I'm gonna end up.

Ahhhh the spinning animation when you dash on to a pole is just the best!!!

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This game is visually such a step up. And its not that Blind Forest was ugly. Far from it.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of games require you to turn on the HDR setting in Windows for the option to pop in-game. With that being said, I just tried it on my PC (doing the New Zealand trick) and the option didn't come up so I wonder if the Day 1 patch is not out on PC still?

Is HDR support on PC only coming with the Day 1 patch? I've spent the last hour fiddling with so many settings to get it to work and nothing has. Just seems to have no detection for it at all.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
One of the devs posted here saying hdr support was coming later on PC. Think I'll still play it over the Xbox S version.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
this game has new game + right? Guess I will do my first run on pc without HDR then replay with HDR later.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Really loving it so far. However just did encounter a dreaded save bug. Lost about an hours progress. Luckily I enjoy it so much it doesn't feel like a choir redoing it but still...

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017

Windows Store / Game Pass games usually require you to enable HDR first in Windows' display settings before launching a game. It's the only way to tell the game, "hey, I have an HDR display here".

It doesn't sound like this game in PC has HDR support though

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So... the game is great.
However, I'll probably come back to it tomorrow when I'm less pissed off, because it stopped reacting to controls at one point, so I restarted my Xbox One X and when I tried to continue, the last save the game kept was like an HOUR AGO.
I was missing several abilities and upgrades and one boss fight.
I don't want to deal with this shit again rn.

Cool game, tho.

Edit: Oh and the best thing is that I even physically saved at a Shrine about 5 minutes before it broke down. That save was straight up missing.