• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Collectors edition is pre-ordered, even with having a Gamepass subscription, so there's, once again, extra support from us (After we own the first one on PC digitally, physically and on Xbox physically). My partner is the biggest fan of the franchise and can't wait to play it.
I 100%ed the first one in the last 2 days and I'm also pretty exited for the sequel. :)

7EXW4aT.jpg

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I am hype.

I played through the original in one sitting. Probably won't do the same this time since I'm a dad now and gotta work but I'm definitely going to be playing into the wee hours.

Need to dig out a controller for my PC.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question for the current time tracking problems, Axecidentally, doesn't the second Ori, like almost all games, have separate statistics in the Gamerscore section? If so, that time there should be the real time and tell you how long you really played.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Anyone know if we can, um, "move" to another country to play the game earlier on PC gamepass?

I remember trying with the outer worlds but it didn't work haha

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
Reminder that we'll also get a Piano Collections album in addition to the OST. I can't wait to listen to all of it on repeat

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
First game is really named trial n error the game for me, even on easy. Can't say I look forward if the sequel is even more frustrating in its platforming sections lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
After watching Max Dood's and JaeJae's stream I got so much more excited for this. I loved the first one but wish the combat was better. So..... with this having everything turned to 11 and with greatly improved combat my excitement has gone up ten fold.

Granted not sure If I will be there on launch day, I might try and finish Hollow Knight before.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
First Ori was incredible and I've basically seen nothing of this. Can't wait.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the current time tracking problems, Axecidentally, doesn't the second Ori, like almost all games, have separate statistics in the Gamerscore section? If so, that time there should be the real time and tell you how long you really played.
If I go to the stats page within the activity panel of the game, it tells me there are no stats to show.

Where should I be looking if not there?

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's so close now! I can't wait! It's been tough trying not to watch any of those streams or videos.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So hyped for this. Combat was the one thing I didn't think was amazing in the first game, and they seem to have addressed that with the sequel.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dancrane212 Thank you so much for putting this OT together, it's amazing! :)

I still can hardly believe we're finally there... after 4 years of hard work, it seems almost surreal. As I said many times before, we had enormously high goals when we set out to develop Ori and the Will of the Wisps. We never signed up to just make a straight sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest, instead we wanted to really go all out and make a sequel akin to what Nintendo did back then when they went from Zelda 1 to Zelda 3 or the original Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. 3. That basically meant that EVERYTHING had to get re-evaluated and improved upon. I really do hope that everyone who gets to play Will of the Wisps will see the love and care we've put into it. Moon Studios went from making a game with 20 people (including contractors) to a fully blown game dev studio with about 80 people working full-time now. And these folks are talent - For Will of the Wisps we hired some of the most amazing talent from places like Blizzard, Riot, Ubisoft, Dreamworks, etc, etc. The family has grown and I hope Will of the Wisps will show everyone what we can do!

I couldn't be more proud of everyone at Moon for pushing so hard just to hopefully make this game become an unforgettable experience for you all.

And to all the Ori fans here who have consistently shown amazing support, thank you so much. Making games isn't easy, it often means long hours and constant iteration, but reading how much Ori means to you all has definitely helped us through those tougher times.

Please feel free to post as many impressions as possible while you're playing - I'm sure everyone at Moon will refresh this thread all the time, we're insanely excited to finally see people stream Will of the Wisps and we wish you all an amazing time!
Thank you for choosing to engage with the fans here! Gah, I can't wait to dig into this game. It's gonna be a slow playthrough for me cause I have so many IRL responsibilities, but just hearing the new OST is gonna make me smile so much. CE should be here Tuesday! :D

Hey uh..... btw..... You know what might be really rad? An officially licensed Ori plushie. Just sayin'! ;)

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are in for such an amazing gaming treat. I can't wait for you guys to play it and discuss it.

I've been aching to be able to talk about the game properly with you all these last couple of days darnit.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Dancrane212 Thank you so much for putting this OT together, it's amazing! :)

I still can hardly believe we're finally there... after 4 years of hard work, it seems almost surreal. As I said many times before, we had enormously high goals when we set out to develop Ori and the Will of the Wisps. We never signed up to just make a straight sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest, instead we wanted to really go all out and make a sequel akin to what Nintendo did back then when they went from Zelda 1 to Zelda 3 or the original Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. 3. That basically meant that EVERYTHING had to get re-evaluated and improved upon. I really do hope that everyone who gets to play Will of the Wisps will see the love and care we've put into it. Moon Studios went from making a game with 20 people (including contractors) to a fully blown game dev studio with about 80 people working full-time now. And these folks are talent - For Will of the Wisps we hired some of the most amazing talent from places like Blizzard, Riot, Ubisoft, Dreamworks, etc, etc. The family has grown and I hope Will of the Wisps will show everyone what we can do!

I couldn't be more proud of everyone at Moon for pushing so hard just to hopefully make this game become an unforgettable experience for you all.

And to all the Ori fans here who have consistently shown amazing support, thank you so much. Making games isn't easy, it often means long hours and constant iteration, but reading how much Ori means to you all has definitely helped us through those tougher times.

Please feel free to post as many impressions as possible while you're playing - I'm sure everyone at Moon will refresh this thread all the time, we're insanely excited to finally see people stream Will of the Wisps and we wish you all an amazing time!

wonderful post, thanks for sharing, Thomas. Would love to hear all the insights you're willing to share on its development and how you feel once the reviews go live.

preloaded and ready to go on steam!

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
thomasmahler thanks again for your work and for such an amazing game, my man. Congrats to you and your team.

I wish you the best of launches. Know that Ori has a very special place in my heart!

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
GJ on the OP!

Will play this on easy for sure. I love the music, atmosphere and art. I'm just not that good in these kind of games. Hope I'll manage.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Anyone know where i can buy some quality Ori and Naru stuffed animals/plushies for my girlfriend? She just finished blind forest for the first time and loved it.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Anyone know where i can buy some quality Ori and Naru stuffed animals/plushies for my girlfriend? She just finished blind forest for the first time and loved it.

There's an official Ori / Ku plushie that should get released very, very soon :) I think the original Ori and Naru plushies will also go on sale again, but don't quote me on that.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This really sneaked up on me. Day one. Loved the first game.

edit: Thanks for the official ultrawide support!

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I can say that I've spent over 5 hours in just the first act in the game. The exploration, the way the environments link together and the sheer flow of one area to the next.

it's all sublime game design and one of those games that could be navigated without a map and it would still work. Plus platforming while that incredible OST sets the mood is the chefs kiss on the whole experience.

This video is split up between Xbox One X and PC footage. Props to the team I'm excited for others to be able to hop in and play.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
There's an official Ori / Ku plushie that should get released very, very soon :) I think the original Ori and Naru plushies will also go on sale again, but don't quote me on that.
Does Moon have an official shop online that these sorts of things go on sale at? Cause im totally interested! 🙂 just bought the collectors edition today too. I had planned on playing it on game pass but after finishing my third playthrough of Blind Forest with my girlfriend I decided I needed that collector's edition.

Ori is absolutely my favorite 2D game I've ever played. I'm a environment artist (3D) and am seriously inspired by the art and world design in Ori. Can't tell you enough how beautiful it is.

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
Hey thomasmahler Sorry if I'm bothering you, I have a question about the PC version if you don't mind: Does the PC version have resolution scaling?(i.e. changing rendering resolution without changing window resolution) I play on a 1080p monitor, but I think I have enough horsepower to play this on 4k, so it'd be great if I could do that without having to deal with stuff like DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) which is prone to cause issues
Thanks

devious.one

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats thomasmahler! Loved the first Ori, and heavily anticipating Will of the Wisp.

Quick question: Is Hard mode strictly meant for subsequent play throughs, or is it very much possible to complete hard mode on a first play through?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The first was one of the best games I've ever played... needless to say, I'm so excited!

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats thomasmahler! Loved the first Ori, and heavily anticipating Will of the Wisp.

Quick question: Is Hard mode strictly meant for subsequent play throughs, or is it very much possible to complete hard mode on a first play through?
Thomas recommended normal for the first playthrough, even for most veterans of the genre. Hard is apparently really hard and suitable for one who has a solid understanding of the mechanics, enemies etc.