• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Unfortunately Mixer and Twitch doesn't natively stream in 60fps from the console so the only way to show it is like this:

That is not smooth at all. Constantly small frame drops.

Also running back and forth here is also constantly loosing frames, plus the yellow sky has tearing! And what the heck happens at the second half of the video? 🤷‍♂️😓
Man, so disappointing.

Playing on my Xbox One X.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Pro tip: Turn off motion blur. For whatever reason, everything looked blurry when it was turned on

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing the PC version now on my HP Omen with a GTX 1060. Even playing on 720p, with v-sync and motion blur off, I'm getting consistent frame drops. Performance is not great at all.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
thomasmahler Are you aware and planning to fix the fps problems on Xbox One X? It's basically never really stable 60fps. It constantly drops and is stuttery because of this.

I wish I could record internally in 60fps... Would be much easier to show...
I swear I had a situation next to that area with 2 flying mosquito and one red opponent on the wall and it went down under 40fps while jumping around. It's not fun to play like this. A performance mode where we can deactivate 4K could help...

Kiyoshi

Apr 4, 2018
No hdr on pc is extremely disappointing. Especially since they've said all along that the pc-version will support hdr.

Yep. I'm tempted to refund my Steam purchase, and re-buy later. Ori and the Blind Forest was one of my favourite games of all time, and I've been really excited about playing this in 4k/60fps in all its HDR glory. Any other game, and I don't think I'd be bothered. I hope we don't have to wait long.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
On purpose I've decided to ignore every video and all else after the official trailers came out. For anyone playing or watching the videos....how does it look visually? I thought it looked amazing in the E3 trailers.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
On purpose I've decided to ignore every video and all else after the official trailers came out. For anyone playing or watching the videos....how does it look visually? I thought it looked amazing in the E3 trailers.

It looks amazing, way better than the first one, stunning.

It just runs pretty bad on both consoles.
PC should have less problems of course.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
You only got the game because it supports HDR? Not because you wanted to enjoy the game or its story? Lol.

First game was pretty good, but not exactly my cup of tea. Figured I should at least try the second, especially because it supports HDR now and the game would look great with it. However they seemingly dropped support of it.

It's also free on Gamepass. So lol I guess?

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
First game was pretty good, but not exactly my cup of tea. Figured I should at least try the second, especially because it supports HDR now and the game would look great with it. However they seemingly dropped support of it.

It's also free on Gamepass. So lol I guess?
Fair enough. I personally recommend you at least give the game a try though. It's truly a work of art and the gameplay in terms of combat and customizability is way ahead of the first one.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
Wait how are people playing it already? I thought it wasn't out until midnight tonight?

EDIT: Nevermind. I can switch my region or whatever to download it sooner I think?

Last edited:

MikeSan

Oct 27, 2017
Liège, Belgium
I wish I could be happy with the game but I'm not... Don't get me wrong, the game feels and looks fantastic but I just lost one hour and a half of progress with a crash of the game and that makes me really mad...

I got a lot of checkpoints and savepoints between where I was and where the game put me when I launched it again...

I don't get why the game did that but I'm too pissed right now to do everything I've already done today.

lyr1c

Aug 8, 2019
HDR on PC is still coming and the team is also still going to work on further optimizations. Hang tight.
Congrats on the launch. Is the day one patch for PC live yet? Current Xbox version is 1.0.4174.0 while PC is on 1.0.4114.0 (Microsoft Store). Wondering if I'm good to go or if I should keep waiting before starting the game.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
For people who are playing on Normal, is it still pretty challenging? I was going to start with Hard, but if it's crazy hard, maybe I shouldn't do that.

Kiyoshi

Apr 4, 2018
HDR on PC is still coming and the team is also still going to work on further optimizations. Hang tight.

Thanks Thomas. I've decided not to refund, I'll just hang on and work through some of my backlog until HDR is added. I just don't want to miss out on having the best visuals possible, so I'll hang tight until then.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
For people who are playing on Normal, is it still pretty challenging? I was going to start with Hard, but if it's crazy hard, maybe I shouldn't do that.
Thomas said alot of times that Hard is more for a second playthrough. You know in the ins and outs.
Normal also says "for the typical" Ori experience" or in the lines of that.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, starting to think my pc will not be powerful enough to run this properly. The first game ran smooth and i assumed, since this is still releasing on Xbox S, that the developer would have optimised for that lowest target. Actually, never crossed my mind that Moon studios would release something that isn't running 100% smoothly tbh.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
Thomas said alot of times that Hard is more for a second playthrough. You know in the ins and outs.
Normal also says "for the typical" Ori experience" or in the lines of that.

Gotcha. Hmm, undecided on what mode to do. I typically do harder modes when I play games (even on the first playthrough), but... Ehh, we'll see lol.

Can you change the difficulty after starting it on Hard or no?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
About to leave for work don't have time to read any replies, just wanna ask so I know when I get home: I read somewhere that the game unlocks at 9PM. Is that a specific timezone, or 9PM everywhere? The main question being, will I be looking at playing this game in a little over 9 hours from now after I get off? Or is there timezone shenanigans afoot and I'd actually have to wait later (at which point, too bad for me, I need sleep)?

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Still no idea when the Steam version releases :(

I need to know if I should wait till midnight or just go to bed.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just me that sucks but I'm stuck at the wolf at the very beginning of the game? I'm nowhere near getting his life down to zero...

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Am i missing something - switched Win 10 time zone to Auckland and changed xbox account time zone to New Zealand. Xbox App still say Pre-order after a restart..wtf?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
The kicker of Hard mode in Blind Forest is that you feasibly won't be able to get all the upgrades on the skill tree because they cost more. Normal on the other hand you could get all the upgrades just by 100% the game playing naturally, maybe a tiny bit of grinding if you bypassed enemies a lot.

It's stated that less exp gain is in so I assume this game will handle that similarly.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Played the first hour or so, a much stronger introduction than Blind Forest imo. Excellent so far.

and that soundtrack..whew