• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if gamepass on PC will still be on beta prices in March. Playing this game for € 1 would be kinda amazing.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Thank you very very much for taking the time to reply.

but I'm not a fan of arguing which game is better since to me they're doing very different things within the genre.

Sure. That's not what I meant, to force you to pick a favorite. As I said, I recognize that both games had different emphasis.

I don't know if we were all that much inspired by Hollow Knight, they just tried to do a very different thing than what we are focusing on. Ori is and always has been a precision-platformer at heart. Our Design-Credo during the development of Will of the Wisps was to ensure that Will of the Wisps has to become to Blind Forest what Super Mario Bros 3 was to Super Mario Bros 1. The core stays intact, but everything gets major improvements.

Okay, fair enough.

but at the end of the day, let's be honest, it's just awesome that we see multiple high-quality 2d games get released again. So I'd say let's focus on that :)

Yes! aside from a handful of favorite AAA IPs, I have been only playing games on the scale of Ori for the past five years or so. And 2d platformers will always be a fundamental part of the video game landscape no matter how advanced video games get.

So I am very much of that opinion.

Last edited:

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From the trailers they seen to have corrected all the problems I had with the previous game.

Can't wait to finally fight some bosses.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Even though I loved the first game a lot, I never finished it. Think I'll try and do a re run from the beginning before this is out.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
Still waiting for a physical Switch version of the first one.
Absolute mind boggling that there still isn't one, that's just money laying on the street and they just don't want it.

It is one of my favorite games of the last decade. I would buy physical edition of Switch version of Blind Forest immediately, and also a physical edition of Will of the Wisps for Switch.

Ori runs so well on Switch and I love the portability aspect. This kind of game feels most at home on Switch. I am sure it sold very well, but I can`t find the sales number. Does anyone know?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I finally started Ori and the Blind Forest in Xbox. I ignored it for so long. After only 30 minutes, I can gladly say I am excited for this game. Gonna keep going with the Blind Forest until I beat it. Does the game continue to have a story focus?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I have been looking forward to it for a long time. Loved the first game and it should look gorgeous on 4K.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah, you can say that again... We finished Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition in March of 2016 and then immediately started to work on Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It took us another 4 years again because we always wanted to make sure that WotW won't feel like a cheap cashgrab sequel. It would've been fairly easy to just take the stuff we had from Blind Forest and basically make a whole bunch of new levels and call it a day, but that's just not how Moon operates. We're trying to build the kinda studio that'll get the reputation Blizzard had pre-Activision: We always want gamers to know that when we shipped something, we tried our very best to deliver something remarkable. Ideally every game should become a masterpiece... even if it often feels like we're torturing ourselves, but in the end we're always happy if we were able to squeeze that last ounce of quality into something.

At the end of the day, the team always gets a huge push from seeing how fans react to the stuff that we made and we're currently in this weird state where we've lived and breathed Will of the Wisps for the past 4 years, but we've been very secretive overall, so most of you haven't seen anything yet. There's so much stuff in Will of the Wisps that will blow you folks away, things that we probably shouldn't even have done as a developer cause it was way too risky - but we did it anyway, cause everyone in the studio is constantly chasing quality.

I'm super proud of the team we built - It's not always been easy, but at the end of the day, I think we created something with Will of the Wisps that everyone will remember as something they'll be proud having been a part of.

So buckle up, folks, March 11th isn't far away anymore and I think Will of the Wisps is turning out to become an experience that most people didn't expect to come out of our studio. We're still small and scrappy, but I hope people will see Will of the Wisps as a true AAA-quality 2d game, something the industry usually doesn't support these days, cause it's a crazy thing to do.

Our folks who worked on Ori will take a short break after the release and then everyone will start working on the ARPG we've also been working on. This journey never ends, but I hope we'll make you all happy along the way :)
I love this so much. Thank you! So excited for this

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yeah, you can say that again... We finished Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition in March of 2016 and then immediately started to work on Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It took us another 4 years again because we always wanted to make sure that WotW won't feel like a cheap cashgrab sequel. It would've been fairly easy to just take the stuff we had from Blind Forest and basically make a whole bunch of new levels and call it a day, but that's just not how Moon operates. We're trying to build the kinda studio that'll get the reputation Blizzard had pre-Activision: We always want gamers to know that when we shipped something, we tried our very best to deliver something remarkable. Ideally every game should become a masterpiece... even if it often feels like we're torturing ourselves, but in the end we're always happy if we were able to squeeze that last ounce of quality into something.

At the end of the day, the team always gets a huge push from seeing how fans react to the stuff that we made and we're currently in this weird state where we've lived and breathed Will of the Wisps for the past 4 years, but we've been very secretive overall, so most of you haven't seen anything yet. There's so much stuff in Will of the Wisps that will blow you folks away, things that we probably shouldn't even have done as a developer cause it was way too risky - but we did it anyway, cause everyone in the studio is constantly chasing quality.

I'm super proud of the team we built - It's not always been easy, but at the end of the day, I think we created something with Will of the Wisps that everyone will remember as something they'll be proud having been a part of.

So buckle up, folks, March 11th isn't far away anymore and I think Will of the Wisps is turning out to become an experience that most people didn't expect to come out of our studio. We're still small and scrappy, but I hope people will see Will of the Wisps as a true AAA-quality 2d game, something the industry usually doesn't support these days, cause it's a crazy thing to do.

Our folks who worked on Ori will take a short break after the release and then everyone will start working on the ARPG we've also been working on. This journey never ends, but I hope we'll make you all happy along the way :)

Oh man, all of this sounds like MUSIC to my ears. We have seen nothing yet and what we did saw in the few brief trailers looked absolutely amazing, truly amazing. I'm gonna stay away from any more trailers, reviews and so on. I've seen and read all I've wanted to see and read. :)

Can you share anything about the ARPG? Any small detail? For example, you guys once said you prefer making 2D platformers, not 3D. So will this new game be 2D as well again?

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Just replayed Blind forest. I'm telling you guys, the music in this game doesn't get enough love!

Super hyped. This is gonna kick off the amazing 2020 we're about to have!

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Moon Studios!
I`ve already preordered the Collectors Edition.

3616406-ori-collectors-edition.jpg
Same!! It's beautiful 😁

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Ah, this is wonderful! Your all's team is incredible. Also thanks for being so active on Era! Always nice to hear from the devs. I'm more hyped for Ori 2 than anything else this year, and the CE looks to be gorgeous. Counting down the days!

Oct 27, 2017

It´s so nice to have a direct feedback from a dev, specially from a team that has delivered one of the greatest gaming experiences that i have played (Ori and the Blind Forest).

I am very looking foward to play Will of The Wisps and i believe that we are in for a treat. March can´t come soon enough

Best of luck to your team and i wish to thank you all for Ori and The Blind Forest and best of luck to your new title

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even though I have gamepass, if this game is as good as the previous one or better, I'm buying the game more than once.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait. I loved the first game, even though I only got a little further than the 1st challenge tree.

That tree left me...exhausted? I beat it and actually felt like I'd beaten the whole game. I was so satisfied that I gave myself a break and then left it too long...I tried to go back but had lost the knack/controls. Didn't feel short-changed though as beating that tree was a big moment for me in terms of gaming satisfaction.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just replayed Blind forest. I'm telling you guys, the music in this game doesn't get enough love!

Super hyped. This is gonna kick off the amazing 2020 we're about to have!

The music is sublime. As soon as that very first trailer appeared for Ori 2 I got chills down my spine. Some music can do that for me and this definitely does that. Whenever something sad happened in the first one, oh man. Or even during some uptempo parts, the music allround is fantastic.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I finally played the first one when it released for Switch last year and it was one of my favorite games of this generation. I don't have an Xbox or gaming PC, but this will be the first game I buy this fall when I get the new Xbox.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
This is the kind of game that I buy the limited edition for even though I have a Gamepass Ultimate sub, and therefore it is proof that Microsoft has the right idea going forward. People are always willing to pay for Quality, be it Limited Editions, Soundtrack, Merchandise, Microtransactions ect. Through Gamepas I have already discovered countless gems that I wouldn't have brought otherwise, including Ori, and so it has put many smaller Dev Studios on my radar that i will follow from now on and look forward to new content from them.

I am so looking forward to this. The trailer alone brings tears to my eyes. Bring it on!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Just popping in to say congrats and we all appreciate hearing your thoughts on the game, industry, etc.! Can't wait to play.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
This could be.. the prettiest game ever made.. I swear to god. The art and technical teams are on another level. If the footage they've shown is a real representation of the quality of the whole game, then we are in for an amazing ride.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been holding off on replaying the first one until WotW is close and with this news I think it's time. Aww yiss.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

Thanks for this. You guys do great work. I can't wait to play it!

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason the game is priced 40€ (399 NOK) in Norway on Steam and the MS store, while it's 30€ everywhere else. Pricing error? This has been a common theme with MS published games lately. They seem to convert the Euro way higher than everyone else. 1 Euro = 10 NOK.

Would like to actually buy it, but this semi-shady practice from a publisher makes me want to pick up the Game Pass version until there's a sale.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason the game is priced 40€ (399 NOK) in Norway on Steam and the MS store, while it's 30€ everywhere else. Pricing error? This has been a common theme with MS published games lately. They seem to convert the Euro way higher than everyone else. 1 Euro = 10 NOK.

Would like to actually buy it, but this semi-shady practice from a publisher makes me want to pick up the Game Pass version until there's a sale.
They probably want to push people to GamePass anyway. It makes the service look even more attractive compared with these prices.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I think I might have asked this before, but is there no plan for a PC collectors edition?
Is the game Play Anywhere where if I buy the Xbox CE, I could play it on my PC as well with a code included in the box?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might have asked this before, but is there no plan for a PC collectors edition?
Is the game Play Anywhere where if I buy the Xbox CE, I could play it on my PC as well with a code included in the box?

Nothing announced and no, there's a disc in the box so there's no way to redeem it on PC.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria

I don't know exactly what's going on there, but I forwarded your message to Microsoft.