• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
This has potential to be one of the best games of the entire generation. Stoked to play it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It was Feb 11 at E3.
Yes?

I just don't get why people are talking about delays when we've known the final release date for more than 6 weeks now, though.

I just take a game "going gold" as "it's probably not going to be delayed again," not that it's actually ready to ship soon.

Like with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It "went gold" in July, but wasn't released until September. That said, like Rage 2 was announced as "going gold" like a week and a half before release but I think that was unusual.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Mega March 2020 gonna kick off with a BANG

If this game adds any new traversal mechanics up there with bash then ohhh baby

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Nice, probably get that CE since it comes with a Steelbook and Ori was my favorite Metroidvania of the gen by a massive margin. 2nd game is gonna be amazing!

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
AWESOME. Can't wait for this game. Congratulations to everyone at Moon Studios.

2020 is going to be amazing and this game has a huge potential. Original Ori is still one of the best games I've ever played.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
As a Metroidvania (and Ori) whore, I predict this will be one of my top games of the generation. This franchise encapsels so many great feelings as a longtime gamer.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
What does going gold mean for this kind of game exactly? There are no discs to print or anything Iirc, right?

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So why do we have to wait 6 weeks in this digital age for a game that's ready?

A game going gold means it's done.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play this.

First one was amazing.

With the combat improvement from the first one, I think this could be GOTY.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
There is gonna be a physical release. But these days it means more the game is fully done. And its the version that gets shipped to us. Physical or digital.

Yeah I get that for physical games as the discs need to be printed and shipped and then stocked which is why it's so in advanced. I was just confused on what it would mean for what I presumed to initially be a digital only title as the 6 weeks gap would have felt off otherwise.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
giphy.gif

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Congrats to Moon Studios!
I`ve already preordered the Collectors Edition.

3616406-ori-collectors-edition.jpg

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
great news... looking forward to playing it. the first game was one of my favorite metrovania style games this gen.