• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
A title published by Xbox Game Studios that is being demoed as part of the Series X enhanced launch line-up is running on the Switch at 60fps. Alright!

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Waiting has payed off. The eshop tempted me so many times, but I stood firm. And here we are. PHYSICAL ORI ON SWITCH!

Great fucking announcement. Think I'll pass on the CE, however. I'll wait for the regular versions.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of annoyed. I already bought Ori 1 on Switch, but would just have bought both physical versions as I haven't even played Ori on my Switch yet...

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Right back at you, man! Thank you for the support! :)
Ow! I didn't know you were here! I cried like a baby in your game. And what's worse, my wife, who doesn't like games as much as I do, she cried so much too.

thank you so much for this game. I played on gamepass but I just bought for switch again. One of the rare occasions I douple dip. Please, make another game already! = )

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Ow! I didn't know you were here! I cried like a baby in your game. And what's worse, my wife, who doesn't like games as much as I do, she cried so much too.

thank you so much for this game. I played on gamepass but I just bought for switch again. One of the rare occasions I douple dip. Please, make another game already! = )
Aw, reading this kinda stuff is awesome :)

And yes, we're already hard at work on our next title. It'll be bananas, wait and see :D

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointed physical is just that pricey collector's edition. That's $70 of cards I'm never going to look at.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
What a timing, with Mario All Stars 3D and Hades next to it, It'll be a bloodbath for switch owners' playtime.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I recognize the first game as a well-made game but I struggled to click with it. Yet I feel like getting this one too. That icon is glorious. ;_;

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
This has certainly motivated me for down the line to get Ori 1, since I was a bit hestiant cause I didnt want to love it and miss out on the sequel. Also insane to hear it looks great

Been a boring year for nintendo announcements but has been the best year for me on an nintendo console in years lol

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Does iam8bit charge immediately or when orders ship? This is the first time I'm ordering from them, I love these games and I wanna have em on switch.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
I recognize the first game as a well-made game but I struggled to click with it. Yet I feel like getting this one too. That icon is glorious. ;_;
The combat is improved a ton, the traversal options too, by a good amount, if that's your thing. Also there are a few fun NPCs and a village, among other things.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
First one was a slow burn for me, but I dug the late-game traversal options and platforming. Now that it's available on the go, I'm in for the sequel.

Anomika

Aug 24, 2020
I wasn't expecting to see 900p 60fps docked. I thought 720p 60fps was the limit. But you outdid yourselves, Moon Studios. Can't wait to double dip on this game someday!

Edit: Kinda sad that WotW doesn't have Xbox Live achievements while BF on Switch does. Not a big deal but hopefully it'll be added soon :)

Last edited:

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
First one was a slow burn for me, but I dug the late-game traversal options and platforming. Now that it's available on the go, I'm in for the sequel.

I wasn't sold on Ori and the Blind Forest when I first started it. But as the game went on, and traversal opened up, I started enjoying it more and more. The game is beautifully designed in that the difficulty curve naturally rises with the character's abilities such that the game is always offering a steadily increasing challenge in line with new traversal options.

Most games tend to become easier and more redundant towards the end, not so with Ori. Here, you are offered new challenges and creative gameplay mechanics until the very end. The game maintains a sense of forward momentum throughout its perfectly paced runtime and leaves you wanting more without overstaying its welcome. I found it to be an excellent game by the end of it, and the fact that most people view the sequel even more favorably has me super excited.

Thanks to Moon Studios and Microsoft for making this happen!

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow this is so cool I didn't think it would ever run on Switch! While I don't think it's quite as solid from start to finish as the first one it's still my GOTY for 2020, which is no small feat!
My kids are also absolutely in love with this serie and Ori, I hope Moon can find the enthusiasm to never stop making new games in this IP, one of my favorite IPs this whole gen.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Moon Studios should do one of those GDC talks on how they managed to run both Ori 1 and 2 this well on the Switch which is really fucking impressive

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
This announcement single-handedly turned me away from getting a series s at launch to waiting until there's something on it I really want to play.

Oct 26, 2017
Really sad that Xbox Live seems to be absent it sounds like? I hope it's patched in the game in time for the retail release.