• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Damn. Crazy to see that Switch logo sitting there opposite that XGS logo. I knew people were super overreacting to those phil spencer comments. Dude never said more games weren't coming.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Played it on PC with Gamepass earlier this year. So happy it gets introduced to more players now. Challenging gameplay, combined with beautiful visuals, music, and pretty emotional sequences. Amazing game.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
It's an amazing game that will be nice for the Switch, also that collector's edition is so beautiful almost wanna double dip on Ori for it :)

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Crazy to see that Switch logo sitting there opposite that XGS logo. I knew people were super overreacting to those phil spencer comments. Dude never said more games weren't coming.

Didn't he say it was going to be on a case-by-case basis and just because they have released games on the Switch doesn't mean every game will be? It seems to me like he was just managing expectations.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
cb1768b3c67dd23fe1152e9fa526e8a173e348ca.jpeg

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
What was the general consensus on this versus the first one? Things that are better, things that are not as good, etc.

I feel like reception was mixed for some reason, could be wrong.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I hope that a non-collector physical edition is available soon, or at least, one european edition. With the customs, shipping a big package like this from USA, that cost $150, would be really expensive :(

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
why are those screenshots so blurry?

where can i order this edition? yikes 150$

Last edited:

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The CE is gorgeous but a biiiit more than I want to spend, I have the vinyl for both games so that'll suffice for me.

Probably going to buy Ori 2 digitally on Switch though, considering I played on Gamepass already it'll be nice to "own" it somewhere.

Oct 26, 2017
Our tech team has been optimizing the hell out of it for almost half a year - and yes, it's 60fps and it's glorious! :)
Can you say if the physical version is only via iam8bit? Skybound Games posted the trailer, so is it possible they're doing a regular physical release? You said last year we'd get one for Ori 1 on Switch. Was the iam8bit one you meant by that?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I'll double dip, I played on a not so well equipped PC and it hampered the experience a little.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
www.mcvuk.com

Xbox: ‘We have no plans to expand any upcoming first-party titles to any other consoles’ - MCV/DEVELOP

With Gears 5 heading to Steam, plus Ori and the Blind Forest being converted to Switch, Aaron Greenberg, GM of games marketing, clarifies Xbox’s first-party strategy to Seth Barton

www.newsbreak.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Won’t Release on Nintendo Switch - NewsBreak

In a recent interview, Xbox’s marketing manager, Aaron Greenberg, revealed there are no plans to release Ori and the Will of the Wisps on Nintendo Switch. Despite The Blind Forest coming to the hybrid platform in a couple of...

Interesting.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What was the general consensus on this versus the first one? Things that are better, things that are not as good, etc.

I feel like reception was mixed for some reason, could be wrong.

you are very wrong
games was well received, better than the first and one of the better scoring games of the year

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Is this better than Blind Forest? I played that last year and enjoyed it for the most part, but I thought the platforming could be really annoying with trial-and-error segments.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Literally a masterpiece. Cannot believe they've gotten it running on Switch in the first place.
Bought the collector's edition immediately, don't even care about the price, it's stunning

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
That seems to be looking pretty good and at 60 fps, wow. I thought this one wasn't coming. Jump on it!!

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
... I'm not exaggerating if i say that the Ori games are imho the best games in Microsoft's catalogue. They're so incredibly well crafted.
It was so thoroughly enjoyable that i didn't actually mind those mini-freezes on the Xbox One S ...

But for a sequel, they really need to add a number to the title - i always forget which game ("Will of the Wisps" or "Blind Forest") is the original and which is the sequel.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I was hoping for this to release on Switch like the Ori DE, but ended up playing it on GamePass for PC last month. I will absolutely double dip on this game just to have it on Switch.

The collector's edition is nice as well, but not for $150 when all I want are the games, so I'm glad that it sounds like there will be a physical release of them separately.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Our tech team has been optimizing the hell out of it for almost half a year - and yes, it's 60fps and it's glorious! :)

Really? Last time I checked out the Xbox One X version (around 2 months ago) it still wasn't stable and had the same framerate problems all over the map and on the same problematic places, despite you guys saying that in every patch.

Maybe now it's fixed, I don't know, but it wasn't for a long time and I don't know if I trust you again for the Switch version. :D But I want to...

By the way, since we get that now physically on Switch, what's up with the first one???

Edit:

Ah I'm dumb, the collectors has both, damn, so tempting.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Fucking hell yes!

Have been waiting so long for this port. The footage in the trailer looks to be a very stable 60fps. Could be very selective footage, but I'll be interested to see a Digital Foundry breakdown of this port as both the One S and even the One X struggled with frame rate.