• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Devs releasing demos like this one is fantastic, thanks to Moon Studio for all the efforts you've put behind this port!
I've never played Ori so I'm downloading the demo right now, I hope I'll like it.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing work on this port. The demo runs flawlessly.

This will be the perfect excuse to play this once again!

SapphireZora

Mar 14, 2018
Nice to know the demo runs so well. I'll probably skip it and wait for the full game. I'm really looking forward to playing it!

Apr 9, 2019
AND IT'S HERE! :)

Should be available on all your Switches now - Enjoy the demo, the full build launches in exactly one week from now! :))
Played it just now, it's got one of the most gripping game intros to date. Elegantly sets the tone, does some tutorial stuff and gets the story going. And the way audio, art and gameplay complement eachother during the entirety of the demo is just unreal. Very inspiring.

Suffice to say I'm looking forward to the full game very much!

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Videos do not do this game justice. The game feels like controlling a cgi cartoon or something it's crazy. And buttery smooth. Beautiful on handheld.

And since there's no physical version I got a custom case. :)

p1GwuEy.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh, I thought it was confirmed we can login to Xbox Live and collect Xbox achievements? The demo only has cheap menu icons as "achievements". A little disappointing.

Last edited:

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
So nice to hear that the progress transfers to the full game! Although I already have the game on PC, l'll download it today to start playing a bit. Have already decided to get the full game on Switch as well.

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
I should clarify:
Does the game play time, as in the actual time played that's recorded by the Switch, transfer over to the final game?
I can't even figure out who's to phrase it. Haha.

It will be as if you're continuing to play the same game, just the full version: everything including the play time will just transfer over and continue.

Oh, I thought it was confirmed we can login to Xbox Live and collect Xbox achievements? The demo only has cheap menu icons as "achievements". A little disappointing.

Xbox Live is not available in the Demo but is fully available on day one in the full game. You will get Xbox achievements and leaderboards if you're logged into Live. For those that won't be using Live you will have a nice little Achievement UI built into the game itself :)

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Xbox Live is not available in the Demo but is fully available on day one in the full game. You will get Xbox achievements and leaderboards if you're logged into Live. For those that won't be using Live you will have a nice little Achievement UI built into the game itself :)
As someone who's already played Ori within the Xbox ecosystem, how does this reflect on the Achievement list? Is this a new set, or combined with the Xbox One version?

I love the idea of Xbox Live perks on Switch. Congrats on being the first game after Minecraft to have the feature implemented on Switch!

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I feel ashamed saying this but I actually forgot how amazing this game is. It's well over 2 years ago when I picked it up on steam and the demo got me mesmerized. I think what I really realize now is how amazing the game feels for a game that has such stunning visuals. You don't see often where devs do both and nail both to perfection. Just everything about this game is so well done and I think the demo got me more excited about the sequel with it reminding me. I am going to buy this to do a replay in the mean time because the demo made me wanna do it once again

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

That's interesting.

The question is now, since you can take the savegames to the full version, can you get the already unlocked achievements working in the full version too, with the demo savegame?
That's why I thought it's only the pictures in the pause menu because you already unlock them, without Xbox Live.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AND IT'S HERE! :)

Should be available on all your Switches now - Enjoy the demo, the full build launches in exactly one week from now! :))
thank you! you guys really went above and beyond for this port, and the demo was the cherry on top.
i was busy with link's awakening tonight, will def try the demo tomorrow, it's already downloaded.

Wait this is out next week? Why did I think it was next year?
you're probably thinking of the sequel, ori and the will of the wisps

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, it will! :)

It contains the entire beginning with the prologue, etc. up until the point where you reach the Spirit Tree.

We did the demo for a few reasons: First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch. Secondly, we saw a few people who weren't interested in platformers who then tried BlindForest and got hooked. So we always regretted not having a demo on the Xbox and on Steam, cause there's a lot of people who aren't into platformers, but who still got a huge kick out of Blind Forest once they tried it. So now everyone has an easy, free way of trying it :)

The demo launches at 9am PST / 6pm CEST today (Friday)! :)
That's Great news particular with save transfer. Already downloading the demo and playing through it. Had a laugh with the bolded because really shouldn't have to. Absolutely plays so well thus far. Decided to skip Link for this instead to play through.

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i had heard and read nothing but good things about this game and now that i played the demo i understand why. Its a beautiful game and it runs like a dream on the switch, props to the team for the great job and i appreciate ya'll for bringing it to the switch, im sure this will sell really well.

i know it is a meme and almost a parody now to say it, but it is a great fit for a portable/hybrid console :p what a gem

Apr 19, 2018
As someone who only ever played the game on Steam by way of either my 24-inch PC monitor or 15-inch laptop, I've gotta say it's a glorious day to finally experience Ori blown up on my 60-inch TV. Looks and runs like a dream.

Already pre-ordered and pre-loaded for next Friday.

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
As someone who's already played Ori within the Xbox ecosystem, how does this reflect on the Achievement list? Is this a new set, or combined with the Xbox One version?

I love the idea of Xbox Live perks on Switch. Congrats on being the first game after Minecraft to have the feature implemented on Switch!

We thought folks will enjoy getting the achievements again on Switch so you get a new set of achievements for the Switch version with Live.

That's interesting.

The question is now, since you can take the savegames to the full version, can you get the already unlocked achievements working in the full version too, with the demo savegame?
That's why I thought it's only the pictures in the pause menu because you already unlock them, without Xbox Live.

Everything you do in the demo version should transfer over to the full version, including unlocked achievements with Live or without. They will be granted to the Live account once you log-in, even if you had unlocked them prior.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I am so pumped for this game. Just finished the demo, and it looks freaking phenomenal on the Switch :O Absolutely amazing work to everyone at Moon. The 27th cannot get here fast enough...

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I really should beat Hollow Knight before getting this, and I already own this on my bad laptop, but it only runs 30 FPS on there, so if it is 60 on the Switch, I'll take the plunge.

I only played a little before, but this game is rad.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
We thought folks will enjoy getting the achievements again on Switch so you get a new set of achievements for the Switch version with Live.

Everything you do in the demo version should transfer over to the full version, including unlocked achievements with Live or without. They will be granted to the Live account once you log-in, even if you had unlocked them prior.
Hey, Hi!
First of all, congrats on the game, i really loved when i first played and will be double dipping on the switch. I dont know if you're allowed to answer this but...how hard it was to port to the switch? Or the process was fairly smooth?

Green

Oct 27, 2017

Your team is amazing. Thank you for going above and beyond on this one. Day 1 - and I'll be telling everyone I know with a Switch to get it. Very hyped for this release.

Such a strange time to see a "Microsoft"-published title on the Switch, but still, it makes so much more sense on a Switch and I'm happy your team were able to bring it over for us.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Thanks so much for the demo, Tom and team. I'm glad demos are making more of a comeback on Switch, growing up without a lot of money a lot of times demo discs were all I could get to play, so not only is it cool that people can try out the game first but there's probably people out there who will play the demo a lot just because they enjoy it. It's a really cool thing that you devoted resources to it and it's appreciated!

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This was my first experience with the game and I enjoyed it, it's very pretty and seems to run at a locked 60fps during gameplay. I'm super busy right now so I probably won't buy it now, but it's definitely on my list, if it were physical I would have impulse bought, though.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
My favourite game of the generation still. The only game to ever make me cry.

Just played the demo, damn, got to buy it again :) plays great on the Switch

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Started the demo and it's beautiful. I think I only got like a quarter of the way through it on XB1 when it came out and I'm excited to play it on the Switch.

I will say, though, that everything is super small on the Switch Lite screen.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Not only does it look and run great but the music and sound design is a *chefs kiss*

What a perfect game for the switch. It's a day uno.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I had a quick go of the demo last night, got through the intro and sampled a bit of the gameplay. Wow, what a beautiful game, has to be one of the best opening chapters I've experienced. I'll be buying this on Friday.

Looks like I'm going to be getting my first Xbox Live achievements in 5 years, never expected to do so on a Nintendo Console. Crazy.