• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Thanks for the demo, very excited about it! I'm certain I will buy Ori, it was very high on my wish list for Switch ports.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch.
Sad you saw that kind of comments...
Kudos for doing that awesome native definition AND 60 FPS. It is so nice to see that kind of dedication, something we saw with Hollow Knight and saddly not saw on something like Mark of The Ninja.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Got about an hour in and am not the biggest fan of the combat so far. Will report back when I progress. I may just need a break from metroidvanias.

Having a game like this on switch is kinda great tho.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
AND IT'S HERE! :)

Should be available on all your Switches now - Enjoy the demo, the full build launches in exactly one week from now! :))

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
me: oh snap i can't wait to try this demo!!
also me: you have an xbone and game pass dumbass you could have played this at any time

THE POWER OF THE SWITCH
Can't blame you, Epic offered Celeste and I saw that the same Celeste was on sale so guess who just finished the chapter 7 of Celeste in handheld mode?

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Didn't know a demo was coming. Excited for this :)

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
downloading now.
Finished it already on PC, but I'm really curious how it looks on Switch. Will double dip for sure. Amazing game

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Will progress cary over? Definitely getting this on switch. Definitely have had this on PC for years already and never touched it. Just want to play on a portable.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Will pre-load today as soon as I get home. :)

I purchased the game on my brother's Xbox when it first came out. I'm really excited to own the game myself now and dive into such a beautiful world. ^_^

Cheers Moon!

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands

Should be available on all your Switches now - Enjoy the demo, the full build launches in exactly one week from now! :))

God, you guys are so awesome :D!

Already commented in an earlier thread, that I only played this game on my oldass laptop when it released on steam. My laptop made it run in slow-mo.

However, I still loved the game SO much, I finished it AND it ended up in my top 10 favs ever (despite the slo-mo)!

Last year, I actually considered buying an Xbox one, for this and Will of the Wisps.

You guys can't imagine how hyped I am to finally play this game at full speed (and 60 fps, nontheless)!! 😬

Only downside: Will of the Wisps now probably has to wait to be played till some time after release 😅..

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Ori is one of my favorite games, full stop. It's one of those experiences that's meant so much to me that I always want to share it with other people. This new release looks fantastic, I wish your whole team the best!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ginso tree hype

giphy.gif

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Holy shit I can now see why this game is so loved. Coming from Link's Awakening, the buttery smooth 60 fps framerate and the incredible image quality (superb anti aliasing, no shimmering etc.) in handheld mode are immediately apparent. Played for half an hour, got hooked, preordered, deleted the demo and will play the game again from the beginning on my OLED and 5.1 sound system!

Unbelievable that Microsoft offers a better port of an Xbox One game than Nintendo an original developed remake. For 20 bucks vs. 60 bucks no less. I bought both and love Link's Awakening remake but Nintendo really has to get a grip on their own hardware!

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
just played through the demo. it plays fantastic.

when Thomas said up to the tree, I thought it meant up to when you enter the Ginso Tree, but it's just up to when you learn the backstory of the tree, before you get the charge attack or double jump or any of that. maybe about 20ish minutes of gameplay.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Yup, it will! :)

It contains the entire beginning with the prologue, etc. up until the point where you reach the Spirit Tree.

We did the demo for a few reasons: First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch. Secondly, we saw a few people who weren't interested in platformers who then tried BlindForest and got hooked. So we always regretted not having a demo on the Xbox and on Steam, cause there's a lot of people who aren't into platformers, but who still got a huge kick out of Blind Forest once they tried it. So now everyone has an easy, free way of trying it :)

The demo launches at 9am PST / 6pm CEST today (Friday)! :)
Congratulations. Fantastic work. Great HD rumble implementation too. Was it hard to implement?

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Awesome, really looking forward to finally playing this!

This is me as well. Have had the game on PC for years and my brother even finished the game on it, but I have yet to even launch it myself. I may end up getting this just for the convenience.

lol I don't understand, it's more convenient to buy another version than play the version you already have?

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
Great HD rumble implementation too. Was it hard to implement?

It's quite tricky combining HD rumble with the original rumble so we needed to tweak it for each scenario, but we love it so it was worth the extra steps. We have done a few tweaks to make the original rumble feel better for Switch specifically as well, so hopefully it feels nice when you guys play it :)