• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Xbox is gonna make so much money off this lol, this will single handily fund acquiring another studio!

Xbox Live Support and Achievements on the Switch confirmed

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
That's fantastic! Thank you all for your hard work, I'll be buying my fourth copy of the game next month for Switch <3 Question: will Ori for Switch be getting Xbox Live support (achievements, etc.)?

Yes! We indeed have Xbox Live Support and Achievements on the Switch :)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it did? It might have been only localized to the switch subreddit, but Hollow Knight fanart was a very common thing to be upvoted to the top for a while after the game released. Either way, this is off topic.

What does fan art have to do with having a mascot change platforms? Just a weird joke, it doesn't make much sense.

Yes I see that. But why? Is that a screen cap from the Nindies stream? I haven't watched it yet, but obviously know about Ori thanks to this thread.

He's just pointing out how crazy it is that an XBOX Game Studios game was featured on a Nintendo live stream.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it did? It might have been only localized to the switch subreddit, but Hollow Knight fanart was a very common thing to be upvoted to the top for a while after the game released. Either way, this is off topic.
And Hollow Knight fanart being a thing made by Switch owners is a sign that they "claimed it as their own mascot" because...? As if people can't make fanart of a multiplat character without being weird fanboys.
You're right, it's nonsense and we should drop it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
We've been optimizing our engine for a good, long time. Our Tech folks have also been to the Unity offices in the past a bunch. And our Tech folks are supremely talented. Trust me, it feels awesome to play Ori on Switch, no stuttering, no hitches, everything's just butter and the art looks super sharp on the handheld - and in docked mode, obviously :)
Well, if true and docked mode performance is as excellent as described, then yeah I'm getting Ori on Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Well there were 3 games I considered buying an Xbox One for. Now theres just one, since 2 have been ported to Switch. This might end up like the Dreamcast, where I just own all of the ports instead of it.

Eclipse

Jan 31, 2018
Germany
Finally. I skipped all the steam sales of this game waiting for the switch version.
I hope we get the 2nd part for the switch on release though

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
We've been optimizing our engine for a good, long time. Our Tech folks have also been to the Unity offices in the past a bunch. And our Tech folks are supremely talented. Trust me, it feels awesome to play Ori on Switch, no stuttering, no hitches, everything's just butter and the art looks super sharp on the handheld - and in docked mode, obviously :)

Congrats Thomas, this is great stuff.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Oh wow, that's a great achievement! Props to you and the studio! Can you say if there are any graphical compromises (lighting, alpha effects, something like that)? Or can I take that "exactly like XB1" very literally?

No compromises at all. It's exactly the same game as on Switch / Xbox, except that it's even more optimized. Butter, baby, butter.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great game, played it through on PC Gamepass a while back. I'll definitely recommend it to my Switchy friends.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So because people were happy and excited for a great game and expressed that by drawing fan art that means they thought they had ''ownership'' over the character? I'm sorry but that's just a bizarre line of thought.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
What did i say that wasnt true? Does it have 4k or hdr?
Keep going, maybe something will eventually stick.

pas-sere-po-zidu.gif

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Excellent trailer. I haven't played the game yet so I'm really looking forward to its release. Thanks for posting thomasmahler, a solid, no compromised port makes this a no brainer.

Jun 23, 2019
Nice! Looks like my practice of playing MS games on my Switch continues. Cuphead was amazing and I've heard nothing, but good things about Ori. 🙂 Is it better to play in Handheld mode or on a 4K TV?

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
i think the stream was a bit choppy because the console is really successful and lots of people were watching perhaps?

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
So because people were happy and excited for a great game and expressed that by drawing fan art that means they thought ''ownership'' over the character? I'm sorry but that's just a bizarre line of thought.

It's a joke damnit, don't take it so literally. Switch is a cool console, I've been up multiple nights playing Stardew Valley for the second time on it. This wasn't a personal attack lol.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First you claimed it looks rough and when the dev came in to say there are no compromises you moved the goalpost so far and so quick it might have landed in another dimension. This is the most on the nose trolling I've seen in a long ass time. Take the L.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hopefully now maybe people will learn that a graphical showcase doesn't necessarily mean a tech powerhouse

as always art >

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Ori & The Blind Forest is only 4K on PC (not X enhanced). And it isn't HDR on any platform.

Will of the Wisps is indeed 4K/HDR on the X though but that's not the game we're talking about here.

Thomas has made it clear that Blind Forest on Switch will be identical to the XBO version. And, personally, I trust him completely.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Devs of the game: "We optimised our game engine and it runs at butter smooth 60 FPS without compromises"

Armchair devs on era who only saw a choppy 30 FPS stream on youtube: "It looked rough and no 4K HDR support either"