• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I love this game. Tripple dip incoming!

Hopefully a retail release wont take too long after the digital one

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
And the best part is: NO COMPROMISES!

By now our Moonity Engine is super optimized. 1080p@60fps in docked mode, 720p@60fps in handheld mode. Enjoy buttery smooth Ori that looks exactly like it does on PC / Xbox on your Switch :)
Oh wow, that's a great achievement! Props to you and the studio! Can you say if there are any graphical compromises (lighting, alpha effects, something like that)? Or can I take that "exactly like XB1" very literally?

Oct 25, 2017
For real. Hey BioDigital Jazzman and Granjinha, you two want some crow? :P

Minecraft for Switch has Xbox achievements, and Cuphead is getting them soon as well. With Ori being published by Xbox Game Studios, I don't think it's a stretch to believe it will as well.

That's fantastic! Thank you all for your hard work, I'll be buying my fourth copy of the game next month for Switch <3 Question: will Ori for Switch be getting Xbox Live support (achievements, etc.)?

lmao

i mean, it didn't seem likely at the time. but sure, i'll eat some crow :P

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Updated the OP with direct feed screens from Nintendo's site and the official trailer itself

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the best part is: NO COMPROMISES!

By now our Moonity Engine is super optimized. 1080p@60fps in docked mode, 720p@60fps in handheld mode. Enjoy buttery smooth Ori that looks exactly like it does on PC / Xbox on your Switch :)
giphy.gif

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ori is LEGIT awesome, seriously, such a fantastic gaming experience!

I love it so much.

I've already played it twice and would happily play it again on Switch, Nintendo feels like a good home for it. :) Hope it gets a physical release! I would buy that cart day 1!

September is so packed though.... wonder why they chose then.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I can't doubledip, there are too much games coming out aaaaaaaah
but I love it so much...f*ck.

"Trust me, it feels awesome to play Ori on Switch, no stuttering, no hitches, everything's just butter and the art looks super sharp on the handheld - and in docked mode, obviously :)"

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I totally forgot that the game was 60fps on Xbox One. But 1080p/60fps on Switch too, like Xbox? How's that possible?
We've been optimizing our engine for a good, long time. Our Tech folks have also been to the Unity offices in the past a bunch. And our Tech folks are supremely talented. Trust me, it feels awesome to play Ori on Switch, no stuttering, no hitches, everything's just butter and the art looks super sharp on the handheld - and in docked mode, obviously :)

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
It would only be funny if there was a precedent and no, that didn't happen with Hollow Knight. At all.

Yes, it did? It might have been only localized to the switch subreddit, but Hollow Knight fanart was a very common thing to be upvoted to the top for a while after the game released. Either way, this is off topic.