• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yes?

• Yes!

Votes: 56 12.6%
  • No...

Votes: 387 87.4%

• Total voters

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
The only good fruit juice is that which you make ur self and even then the genuine fruit article is always better

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Unless you're morbidly obese, this is a pretty sad way of looking at life. Orange juice is good. It's not going to kill you if you drink the occasional glass of it. Excess is bad but who gives a shit otherwise.

The problem is obesity doesn't happen because people are drinking their calories on occasion. It's a regular thing. Also, it takes getting to 100 pounds above your ideal weight to reduce liquid calories? I'd rather avoid being part of the obesity problem at all. It is not sad to eat rather than drink calories. I enjoy diet sodas and water. Milk is the only calories I drink a couple times a week. People give tips and take take steps to avoid other serious health related illnesses. Obesity is the biggest problem in the world when it comes to death rates.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is obesity doesn't happen because people are drinking their calories on occasion. It's a regular thing. Also, it takes getting to 100 pounds above your ideal weight to reduce liquid calories? I'd rather avoid being part of the obesity problem at all. It is not sad to eat rather than drink calories. I enjoy diet sodas and water. Milk is the only calories I drink a couple times a week. People give tips and take take steps to avoid other serious health related illnesses. Obesity is the biggest problem in the world when it comes to death rates.
You're 100% right. People thinking that orange juice is super healthy and part of your nutritious breakfast is super damaging.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Look, I was born and raised in Florida.

And I can't stand orange juice, never could. Just something about the taste of it always puts me off.

My go-to juices have always been cranberry or tomato juice.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks not because of taste but because of the amount of sugar it has. Give or take about as unhealthy as a soft drink / soda, yet people keep thinking it is "healthy" because "it has fruits!"

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Actual orange juice with pulp is amazing. It should be real juice and it should be pulpy enough to chew.

Flavoured sugar water like Sunny D is literal trash.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
No one actually likes things I don't like, they've only been tricked into thinking they like them. Everything is a conspiracy. I am completely reasonable.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OJ is amazing...if you actually manage to taste real OJ.

IMG-20190201-221447373.jpg

Guess which one tastes god like?

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017

For the life of me I've never understood the appeal of orange juice and this video helps make me feel like I'm not crazy. Orange juice was mass marketed and sold as a recent phenomenon... and then saw a steep decline in the last few decades. Wake up, sheeple.

This is a thread about how orange juice sucks. Apple juice forever! Dissenters welcome but are on thin ice.

I've lived in Florida my whole life and even as a kid, I cracked the code OP: Orange Juice from concentrate sucks. Fresh Orange Juice not from concentrate is delicious. The concentrate process adds a nasty bitterness/aftertaste to OJ. Only buy fresh OJ, avoid the shit that says it's from concentrate on the label.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I always thought boxed OG tasted horrible, boxed pear juice is delicious on the other hand.

Actually, is normal orange juice (the one you squeeze yourself) bad? It's so confusing because they're both called "orange juice".

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Orange juice is basically sugar water.

Eating whole fruit is much healthier for you than juice.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought boxed OG tasted horrible, boxed pear juice is delicious on the other hand.

Actually, is normal orange juice (the one you squeeze yourself) bad? It's so confusing because they're both called "orange juice".

Normal orange juice is still a sugar bomb, so yes.

If you like oranges, eat the fruit.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
WOW at some of the takes in here.

i can understand the OJ take (although for my money nothing hits like chugging fresh squeezed orange juice after waking up thirsty at 2am on a warm ass night), but honestly the amount of people lauding APPLE JUICE is insane to me. i havent had a sip of apple juice since, like, elementary school. just get a jug of some great local apple cider or something, holy shit. youre an adult*!

ultimately though, i agree with opting to try and not drink your calories. eating an actual orange is always the better option. most of the liquids i drink on a daily basis are water and hot tea with honey. occasionally ill go through a period where in the morning ill have a small glass of ice cold water and then a large glass of like, half pineapple juice and half water. ill never understand the tomato/vegetable juice sect, though. i wish i could enjoy tomato juice because the Bloody Mary is top-tier brunch booze and literally everything else in it is great. but damn, yech.

and as an adult, youre entitled to enjoy and ingest whatever beverages you like, no judgement! even if its apple juice!

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
OJ isn't something which should be drank with any regularity. But on occasion, some nice, cold, pulpy freshly-squeezed really hits the spot.

Among brands available at the supermarket, the only one I've found which doesn't taste like total ass is this one (although it's about $8/half-gallon):

OOJ.png