• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I am moving and my brother in law is awesome with house fix stuff, putting up tv supports, putting together furniture, etc.

2 months ago I asked him to make these 2 weeks of january available and that I wanted to pay him. I kept asking for his price before the move, but my wife finally said he does not want to charge.

The problem is, I wanted to get most of this stuff done this week, and of course yesterday and today my brother in law could not come for one reason or another, and now its the weekend and my office is a mess waiting for things to be assembled, kitchen the same, etc.

I wanted to pay because by paying I can demand service. But now I have to wait, and I cant really be mad or complain because there is this assumptiom I shouod be grateful fully for him doing it for free. Which I am, and I keep telling him. But I would rather pay and be able to demand things to be done on my timeline.

What do you think ERA, better free and out of your schedule or pay and be able to demand things be done your way?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He probably didn't take the money because he knew by then he'd be more obligated to help you move, and helping people move is one of the worst things in the world.

Nov 18, 2020
image.png

I like Good + Cheap personally. You just gotta wait OP

Oct 27, 2017
Asking someone to block out a two-week window, pay or not, is quite an ask.

You should have figured out ahead of time a specific day or weekend for him come.