• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Tr2r0wcxGuHWohbe_5X4IyQqNW16H4cFNc77dX0CQYXgv6jgP6NmiYOOfPiPqaTL-RuzsxrFexEB4LyyNa3knqFqr_DrueDSkD1a-JBOX6NLYAEzYD656NLphjQUPqgIRWy4lA0P=s0

8wbq0pvd5h3z.jpg

Look at these magnificent bastards. I want to know more about them! What do they do when they are not patrolling Hyrule for the Champion? What would a Lynel built town or village look like, and how would they live on a daily basis?

Everyone remembers that in the beginning of the Zelda series, Zoras were enemies. It would be really nice to see Lynels cross over like they did. They could still have Lynel fights in BotW2, just set it up as a friendly sparring competition instead.

As I was googling photos of Lynels, I came across someone's concept of a female.

ybvluoi93b831.jpg

Very well done, I could see this happening in BotW2.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
That could be super cool! Would definitely be interesting to see what a village designed for lynels would look like.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you come across a friendly one who tells you that all the others in the wild are being controlled by an evil presence. Defeat and free them all to rebuild their society.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm open to anything. BOTW's setting has the potential for anything.

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
I always felt bad fighting monsters that had enough intelligence to form communities and fashion clothing and weapons. So yeah, give us friendly mobs or give us non-lethal options!!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I really like the idea of those monolithic killing machines roaming the lands. Even when you've got good armor and health, seeing one looming in the distance and detecting you from VERY far away is such a disturbing feeling. Leave them evil.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I don't really see Lynels as having any society in particular -- they're lone wolves. That said, there could be one good/noble one for story purposes.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I don't know, I kinda like the Lynel's traditional role of being these crazy strong demons that stalk the mountains and wilds of Hyrule. Since Zelda 1 they have been the most powerful non-boss enemies Link can encounter. They are really good at being these terrifying monsters that you don't want to mess with lightly.

I've always figured that they were the creatures closest to the likes of Demise in nature: primordial demons who have been wandering Hyrule since ancient times.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the idea of those monolithic killing machines roaming the lands. Even when you've got good armor and health, seeing one looming in the distance and detecting you from VERY far away is such a disturbing feeling. Leave them evil.
Could be like the Zora where there have been evil zora before

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Bokoblins better have their own town or fortress you can raid or sneak into

Jan 3, 2018
Maybe a tribe of friendly Lynel would be cool, but don't remove an enemy type when the first had a lack of them to begin with. It would also be cool to come across some evil Gorons/Zora/Rito clans.

Apr 21, 2018
I'm pretty indifferent to this idea. If they do that, sure, maybe they will introduce other tough enemies. If they don't, I'll survive too.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Lynels seem reasonably intelligent compared to the run of the mill mob in BotW. At the very least if Nintendo doesn't want to make them a 'race' they could do some sort of Nemesis system where Link could challenge them and become an honorary Lynel through his combat ability.

also let us marry them

We can't even marry Zelda :(

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I shit you not, the first time I saw a Lynel it was the one in that big coliseum structure near the Great Plateau. I saw him from a distance and I was like "oh cool this guy looks neat, wonder what he has to say?" - and I honestly thought it was an NPC about to give me a quest or something.

Long story short, we didn't get off on the right foot.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Hell, why not?

The original game had friendly Moblins who just wanted to be left alone, and even pay you to keep their secret quiet as kept. In a similar manner, why not just have at least like one or two Lynels that are chill, sell weapons and the like, instead of it being "IT'S ON SIGHT", like 99% of the others?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I shit you not, the first time I saw a Lynel it was the one in that big coliseum structure near the Great Plateau. I saw him from a distance and I was like "oh cool this guy looks neat, wonder what he has to say?" - and I honestly thought it was an NPC about to give me a quest or something.

I wasted some really nice weapons against that dude before realizing that whole arena wasn't worth it.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
I don't know, I kinda like the Lynel's traditional role of being these crazy strong demons that stalk the mountains and wilds of Hyrule. Since Zelda 1 they have been the most powerful non-boss enemies Link can encounter. They are really good at being these terrifying monsters that you don't want to mess with lightly.

I've always figured that they were the creatures closest to the likes of Demise in nature: primordial demons who have been wandering Hyrule since ancient times.

Noo don't do it. Don't involve the classic, oldschool Lynels into the crap that is the SS retcons. Leave Lynels alone!

SS ruined Ganondorf, don't let it ruin Lynels too..

Oct 28, 2017

Same here. Love looking at my playthrough line thing that tells you your whole journey and every one of your deaths. Just watching the point at that part of the map and watching the 60 plus deaths brings back great memories. A highlight of my playthrough. Taking that fucker down with my base health and shit weapons at that point was the most satisfying part of the game for me.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be totally down for more lynel lore and even a few friendlies in botw2--I think the could be pretty damn cool actually, but I wouldn't want to see them removed as enemies entirely. They're like the only interesting and challenging foes in botw, and half the fun of coming across them is that 'oh shit fuck there's a lynel!' rush. Unless they're able to introduce even more challenging and scarier enemies in 2 to properly replace them, I'd hate to see them go.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck those things, killed me enough. Especially on Master Mode when one is just chilling in the starting area. Pricks. That said, I do want a pet Lynel and I will call him Garrus 2.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
All new races please. For the love of god stop giving us Zoras, Dekus, Gorons and whatever the fuck.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i wouldn't mind
but I also like how utterly terrifying they are as enemies. I dont know if they could have them be both