• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
the ending was a bit much, but i forgot about the sun pendant hanging in vincent's car and the demon behind megan at the start that kind of imply the twist is itself at least partially a fake out. it's a fun one to think about.

i thought the curator was a little less generic here as well — the little nods to what he is and isn't supposed to do were cute.

i still really like what supermassive are doing with these, even if both MOM and LH have some issues. i hope this is doing well enough to keep giving this team work.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
the ending was a bit much, but i forgot about the sun pendant hanging in vincent's car and the demon behind megan at the start that kind of imply the twist is itself at least partially a fake out. it's a fun one to think about.

i thought the curator was a little less generic here as well — the little nods to what he is and isn't supposed to do were cute.

i still really like what supermassive are doing with these, even if both MOM and LH have some issues. i hope this is doing well enough to keep giving this team work.
Loved the Curator in this. He was really lacking a personality in the first one. Im wondering if he's the personification of death.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else thought that the priest/Carver looked like Andrew? Or was that not already obvious or am I just imagining things?
I have a bit of face blindness but I thought they looked identical. It really confused me when Abraham starts to play a more prominent role and I was like 'John is being friendly to the dude who killed his wife ?'

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this. The twist is whatever and the game should probably be more ambivalent about whether the priest or the little girl is evil. The intro scene is great - some of the best supermassive has done.

The characters were annoying though, and not in an endearing way like the previous games. Andrew and Daniel were ok, but Angela, John and Taylor, oof.

Also: too many jump scares!

Last edited:

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed Little Hope a lot more than Medan but the ending although having a nice twist it made me feel ambivalent about playing through it again.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I actually really liked the twist hehe. The person I was playing it with guessed it immediately. But I'll absolutely play it again, maybe in a few months.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Got all achievements - took 3 playthroughs planned out - I enjoyed it slightly more than Man of Medan but the ending soured me unfortunately. Hate having my time wasted like that :(

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
In a very meta way, the twist actually makes a lot of sense considering you're the one controlling each character at various times. (In single player, anyway.)

locke_21183

Banned
Jul 21, 2020
I really enjoyed the game and I really liked the twist, but the twist doesn't serve the game as a game and instead actively works against it.

Why replay the game to try and save all the characters if none of them ever existed one way or another?

(It works a bit if you need a certain number of them left to guarantee the best ending for Andrew I guess. Only Taylor died in our play through - though she sort of didn't because she wasn't ever a real person - and we got what looks like the best ending)