• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Helm's deep can rest safe, this was nowhere near as good. I remember that battle being at night but I could still tell what the heck was going on lol.

Was really hoping for a lot more deaths, other than a couple minor characters. Obviously the Arya(was one of my favorite characters in the show until she leaves bravos and the arc nosedives) bit was WTF. She became a legendary fighter out of thin air(prove me wrong) and kills the night king(you couldn't even have a fight, he just dies in like 5 seconds of their interaction).

D&D even said after the episode, they knew she was going to kill him, so why make her character development so horrible then?

We have this whole build up for 8 years how the WW are going to wipe out everyone and we end it like this??/ D&D really shit the bed on this.

While I would have much rather Jon(he is barely even in the episode) have been the one to kill him, because you have that investment and connection for so long(who cares if it's obvious) and then it's someone who never had any involvement with the WW's until now and he's killed by a stupid blade to stomach.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a great episode, definitely not perfect, but I was completely captivated from start to finish.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many seasons for that utterly anticlimactic finish to doomsday?

The show interested me as humans fighting over trivial matters as the end of days approached. So much for that and for my interest, if that's truly the end of it.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Since this is the spoiler thread:

Ghost is in the preview for the next episode. If you freeze frame about halfway through the trailer you see a shot of Dany walking left and him almost center frame. Thankfully.

So the whole initial charge was a red herring so they didn't have to deal with where he was this episode.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dany still has drogon.

What I expect:

1- Jon, being the "rightful king", goes to parlay with Cersei.
2- Cersei arrests him.
3- Dany attacks with Drogon
4- Drogon is killed by the GC, Dany dies or Jon dies and whichever of the two survives somehow takes the throne.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Jon looks like hes in the doghouse the preview for the next episode lol. I wonder if they are still going to be together after he just left danny there to die basically.

But still, how the hell do they make a comeback after this.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
i liked the episode but hated the way the night king went out. i expected some epic intimate battle with different characters trying to kill him 1 on 1 but failing until bran came back from warging after setting up an epic way to help 1 of them kill the NK, kind of like a check mate move. but meh, i'll be happy when Cersei finally gets the dickens.

Edit. i really wish the NK escaped or something and was the big bad later. he always seemed like endgame(:-) material to me

Nov 3, 2017
That was some bleach sonido movement shit with Arya. How the fuck did she leap in a wall of undead?

I'm laughing so hard right now.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
That was horrid and I don't even think the show is that good to begin with.

A white walker can hear blood drop from Arya but a large group of them can't see or hear her running and jumping at their leader.

7 years of buildup for that shit? Jon and Bran are the most useless characters ever.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was some bleach sonido movement shit with Arya. How the fuck did she leap in a wall of undead?

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Isn't there an entire season of her being stealthy and shit?

That was fantastic episode. That piano music was so fucking epic. I do wish night king got in an actual fight though. I am convinced Bran does nothing and serves no purpose though.

Jul 20, 2018
Jon looks like hes in the doghouse the preview for the next episode lol. I wonder if they are still going to be together after he just left danny there to die basically.

But still, how the hell do they make a comeback after this.

She was on a dragon and I don't think he saw what happened at all. He was off in the distance before even she noticed the zombies were climbing the dragon. Which was dumb in its own way I guess but not his fault.

Oct 25, 2017
watching the preview they are going to pretend that thousands of soldiers survived the battle and are ready to march to a new one

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why have all the other white walkers walk into the place? Have Jon fight them or something, while the NK is on his own in the godswood instead, then it's fine that Arya shows up stealthily.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they actually did it.

So did Arya get training from Ezio, borrow Harry Potter's cloak, and turned on noclip or something?

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I'm assuming Arya had the face of a white walker and that's how she managed to get so close without detection, but that's still a really lame way for the NK to go out after eight seasons of building up the white walker threat.

Not a bad episode overall though.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
While it was fun to see Arya literally stomp the doomsday plot into thin air, it's also the most anti-climatic way of finishing it.

Dude literally laughed at dragon's fire and he doesn't even get to use his sword in the do or die battle for his army? Laaaaammmmeeee.

Not a fan of Cersei being the actual big bad of the season either.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poor Randy Tarly. If only he bit his stupid racist tongue, the problem wouldn't taken care of itself.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Knew the main thread would become a TLJ thread!

Also damn, I wish there would be some punishment for posters antagonizing others about waiting for the books.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that the battle is over the real work begins. Someone has to get rid of all of those bodies before disease sets in.

Winter came for the janitor.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am 100% okay with Arya doing him dirty like that,

- we (as an audience) are witness to seven seasons of her training going all the way back to season one, and at this point she is a scrappy faceless assassin trained in several styles of martial combat

- more than that, she is an assassin on her own home turf (Winterfell) taking advantage of a terrible failed plan that revolves around the enemy leader being in one spot for a largely symbolic victory, which he was almost entirely assured of up until the last second

- he still managed to catch her, but she got in a single blow with a magic weapon that is literally his only weakness

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
That was certainly underwhelming. So much plot armor all over the place. Not a single meaningful character death in that mayhem? OK then.

Two slow episodes and one final battle left I guess. At least we should see the hound vs the mountain at least.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Shit man, better than Helm's Deep? This wasn't better than Blackwater, Castle Black, and BoB.
Yup. Too dark, poor camera direction (the Battle of the Bastards is miles better in that department IMO) and poor structure. I get it, everything was supposed to fail to create a sense of despair, but outside of the Arya moment there weren't any real surprises I feel.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah to me Hardhome was better than this.
Didn't like that Melisandre's schtick were entirely useless right away, twice.
Didn't like Arya sneaking away from zombies if the battle was still going outside. Would have been fine if it stayed in creepy territory from there on out till the end.
Had trouble figuring anything out with the dragons.
White Walkers should have been held back by Jon, so Arya sneaking into the godswood would have been credible. Just took a little change, and it would have given some purpose to Jon.

Oct 25, 2017
its hilarious how they explain away the fact that dragonfire couldnt kill the night king in the inside episode thing on youtube

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
I'm assuming Arya had the face of a white walker and that's how she managed to get so close without detection, but that's still a really lame way for the NK to go out after eight seasons of building up the white walker threat.

Not a bad episode overall though.
That would have been so much better.

It would have been a lot cooler to have Jon and maybe a few others make it to Bran and try and fight their way through the white walkers while the Night King walks up to Bran. Fights Theon for three seconds then continues on, but one of the White Walkers hesitates to fight Jon and company. Instead he keeps looking in the direction of the Night King and makes his way towards him. Then keeps looking back to see if Jon is doing ok. Jon is struggling so the White Walker stops and maybe thinks to help, but also sees the Night King getting closer to Bran. Some of the other characters with Jon could have died here instead.
The Walker decides ultimately to head towards the Night King even though things look grim for Jon.
Throw in a dramatic distraction, maybe a Dragon overhead and Jon gets the upper hand for a split second, maybe taking out all of the Walkers near him but one. The final one beats Jon and is ready to deliver the final blow.
Then they reveal Arya removing the Walker mask and delivering the Death kill to the Night King. Or something along those lines

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Too dark, poor camera direction (the Battle of the Bastards is miles better in that department IMO) and poor structure. I get it, everything was supposed to fail to create a sense of despair, but outside of the Arya moment there weren't any real surprises I feel.
Yeah I dislike how dark it was. I get it's night and was chaotic but still.

Jun 12, 2018
Episode was amazing, thank god I'm not dissecting the hell out of each scene like some of you are or I definitely wouldn't be as satisfied as I currently am

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I loved that Arya used the dagger meant to kill Bran at one point AND stabbed the fucker right in the spot where the Children of the Forest stabbed the dude tied to the tree to make him the Night King. I wonder if she faked him out with the initial headshot.

Also everyone complaining about how she got there, it kind of felt like a lot of the wights chilled out once the Night King got to Bran. That or Brans warging had something to do with it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What was up with one of the NKs generals getting his hair blown and him looking around?

Was that meant to be Arya?

Status
Not open for further replies.