• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Came to warm up to the possibility that the GC attack winterfell, and it's actually a decent twist (if not unrealistic), but what I find less believable about that leak is Theon surviving, Tormund living, and no mention of Bran at all. He's going to be a major focus of the battle if they devoted time last episode to discuss using him for bait. Theon has no real purpose but to have a heroic death, and doing so to protect Bran would make his arc come full circle. Also, the GC can teleport up there but Bronn can't?

And there's no mention of what happens in the crypts in the leak when it's pretty obvious at this point there will be reanimated corpses down there.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
The Waif being there isn't a problem?

The Waif? She is not in any scene Friki described. They had a bunch of actors in Seville because they were filming for a documentary.

At the Dragonpit according to Friki:

Tyrion
Davos
Sansa
Arya
Bran
Sam
Sweet Robyn
Brienne
Unknown in golden armor (speculated to be Strickland)
Unknown number 2
Grey Worm and other Unsullied

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The GC would be cooler if the survivors of Winterfell are running and near the neck is the GC waiting for them. Cue lots of hot negotiation scenes and Tyrion trying sway them I miss game of thrones being a actual game of people outsmarting each other. We need some political hot action and the golden company vs Tyrion,Davos, Varys and Jon could be hot political shit

Them jumping attacking Winterfell sounds dumb so they are sneaking behind the first undead army but behind the GC is another undead army sneaking behind them

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any talk or leaks of Sean Bean being around set when Season 8 was filming? If they do wight the corpses in the crypt it would be super disturbing to have a withered Sean Bean running around killing people while holding his head.

Alternatively since Winterfell was built by Bran the Builder, who built The Wall, could it be protected from the powers of the Night King and White Walkers? Also do you think there will be a macguffin in the crypts like Rhaegar's harp or Lightbringer?

Last edited:

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Hey so this behind the scenes video is interesting

It looks like most of the actor interviews are shot in the KL set, and most of them have new/less wintery outfits. Dany/Brienne/Sansa/Gendry(!!) all seem to make it to KL based on this. Interestingly, Pods and Tormunds interview were at Winterfell which could allude they are dead.

Gendry making it and Tormund dying throws another wrench into that leak.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any talk or leaks of Sean Bean being around set when Season 8 was filming? If they do wight the corpses in the crypt it would be super disturbing to have a withered Sean Bean running around killing people while holding his head.

Alternatively since Winterfell was built by Bran the Builder, who built The Wall, could it be protected from the powers of the Night King and White Walkers? Also do you think there will be a macguffin in the crypts like Rhaegar's harp or Lightbringer?

It took them a long time to get Ned's body back to Winterfell. It would've probably been completely decomposed by the time they delivered it, and there's no guarantee his head even made it back at all.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Really hope they don't miss the opportunity to bring back Undead Ned.

They made a lot out of saying the crypt will be safe for all the women and children, so seems like they are setting up for a massacre down there.

I bet Davos will find that young girl he was talking to at the dinner line, dead or as zombie.

Also if there is anything that could possibly scare Arya like in the trailer, it would be her undead dad coming back to kill her and her family.

Last edited:

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
It took them a long time to get Ned's body back to Winterfell. It would've probably been completely decomposed by the time they delivered it, and there's no guarantee his head even made it back at all.
Not that the books hold any relevance, but all that made it back was a few bones that may or may not have been neds if I'm remembering correctly.

Oct 25, 2017
Been having the discussion with friends around what level of decomposition precludes Night King possession. It looks like from these shots, he can raise straight up skeletons. So if there's anything left of Ned or any of the Starks down there, they should be fair game.

wight-gif-3.gif

97fb67e95a50947c-600x338.jpg

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it show canon that the roots of the weirwood in the Godswood is what makes up the base of the walls and the subterranean portions of Winterfell?

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Waif? She is not in any scene Friki described. They had a bunch of actors in Seville because they were filming for a documentary.

At the Dragonpit according to Friki:

Tyrion
Davos
Sansa
Arya
Bran
Sam
Sweet Robyn
Brienne
Unknown in golden armor (speculated to be Strickland)
Unknown number 2
Grey Worm and other Unsullied

Sweet Robyn's arc is coming to a close. He has worked tirelessly to make his dream of making the small man fly over 8 seasons. Finally coming to fruition.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been having the discussion with friends around what level of decomposition precludes Night King possession. It looks like from these shots, he can raise straight up skeletons. So if there's anything left of Ned or any of the Starks down there, they should be fair game.

wight-gif-3.gif

97fb67e95a50947c-600x338.jpg
I think they are mummified and it's cold in the crypts unlike everywhere else in Winterfell
So its possible that most of the bodies are more or less intact - but lul magic.
There's no connective tissue or blood or anything.

I mean why don't the bodies just keep going after they are chopped

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey so this behind the scenes video is interesting

It looks like most of the actor interviews are shot in the KL set, and most of them have new/less wintery outfits. Dany/Brienne/Sansa/Gendry(!!) all seem to make it to KL based on this. Interestingly, Pods and Tormunds interview were at Winterfell which could allude they are dead.

Gendry making it and Tormund dying throws another wrench into that leak.

Yeah this is a good catch. I think Brienne dying right after being knighted, even if we are lead to think it's likely, would be kind of messed up. She didn't become a knight to die on the same day. I see her as becoming Sansa's "queen guard", or in fact Lord Commander of the King/Queen's guard, especially if Sansa does become Queen which I think she will. Someone has to take care of Jaime's pages in the white book and I can only imagine Brienne doing so (although I still hold my doubts over what will actually be written). Only the Lord Commander of the king's guard writes in that book and Jaime said "there is still time" to Joffrey.

I think Tormund survives though. I really think the wildlings aren't going to be staying south. I mean, all things have an end, but I see them as staying as they were before, but with a king of their own, in a land of their choosing. No "conversion of the savages", a new king beyond the wall/north. And without Tormund, I don't think it's possible to get through their story. But hey, maybe that's done and done, there's so many things I think should be touched upon and seemingly won't be.

Davos I never thought would die, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in KL. He's a voice that is still needed post ep3, just like Tyrion.

edit: Ned coming back to life, come on. How would that work out? "Joooooonnn, Jooooooonnnn, braiiiins!"

I expect Davos to be hand of the king and Tyrion to be hand of the queen if things work out with Jon and Dany

There would only be one hand.

I think Tyrion ends up as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (long story........... that is most likely wrong)

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
That's probably the biggest goof I've seen as far as revealing interviews. For all the precautions they've taken, that's pretty obvious.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just realized this is an open leak/spoiler thread.

Basically Tyrion makes a tactical play when he deems Dany as being out of control and beyond reason. His intention is to protect people from her wrath and stop the Night King. Unfortunately, he unintentionally locks the citizens of King's Landing into the city and torches them with wildfire, killing thousands of innocents. Dany sentences him to death and this may be a separate leaker or the same one, but Jon Snow carried out the sentence and kills him.

This would fucking piss me off for more reasons than I care to explain and I really hope that no part of this is true but this was leaked by someone with a high accuracy record.

Apparently (according to the other posters in this thread) none of this individual's other S8 leaks have been proven or disproven yet, so there is still no way of knowing.

Wow, this "leak" sure has evolved over time. That wasn't what it was originally.

It was: "Frikidoctor" (the leaker in question) said Tyrion is trialed in the Dragonpit during which Bran reveals he said he never bets against his family. It was all about how he would "betray" people and this trial was the outcome. Nothing about Dany being out of control. It sounds completely wrong now and people are trying to salvage it by adding more to it, but when you look at the source there was very little. And it didn't say who was trialing him.

Of course this makes no sense. Bran and Tyrion are now seemingly buddies, Tyrion seemingly on Dany's good side, and the "never bet against my family" thing is in the trash since Tyrion and Jaime met and what they said about Cersei.

Tyrion getting trialed for blowing up KL is going down the drain as far as I can see. That scene was more than likely a red-herring, a fake shoot. It was low budget, no green screen, and the characters present was just odd and almost every actor imaginable was in Seville at the same time coincidentally. Maisie said she was on vacation. So they paid the cast a vacation, at the same time made a low-budget fake shoot, all to confuse people.

Friki (the guy who gave the info on the Dragonpit scene) never said that Daenerys sentences him to death. He also never said that Jon will carry out the sentence. This is mere speculation. Other people have no info on this.

Friki said that there will be a trial with Davos in charge. Neither Jon nor Daenerys are present. Friki also said no green screens, so no dragons either.

He did NOT say Davos was in charge. He said Davos was there, and a few other characters, and he didn't know who was on the seat presiding the tiral. Characters present were: Sansa, Arya, Bran, Brienne, Sam, Robyn, Yara, Davos and Toby Osmond's character.

You guys really think they'll bring Yara back for this? And Robyn?

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I say Tyrion kills Danerys because she wouldn't let him give the signal. He likes to give the signal.

Dec 2, 2017
All I want is independence for the North. We know no Queen but the Queen in the North whose name is Stark
Wow, this "leak" sure has evolved over time. That wasn't what it was originally.

It was: "Frikidoctor" (the leaker in question) said Tyrion is trialed in the Dragonpit during which Bran reveals he said he never bets against his family. It was all about how he would "betray" people and this trial was the outcome. Nothing about Dany being out of control. It sounds completely wrong now and people are trying to salvage it by adding more to it, but when you look at the source there was very little. And it didn't say who was trialing him.

Of course this makes no sense. Bran and Tyrion are now seemingly buddies, Tyrion seemingly on Dany's good side, and the "never bet against my family" thing is in the trash since Tyrion and Jaime met and what they said about Cersei.

Tyrion getting trialed for blowing up KL is going down the drain as far as I can see. That scene was more than likely a red-herring, a fake shoot. It was low budget, no green screen, and the characters present was just odd and almost every actor imaginable was in Seville at the same time coincidentally. Maisie said she was on vacation. So they paid the cast a vacation, at the same time made a low-budget fake shoot, all to confuse people.

He did NOT say Davos was in charge. He said Davos was there, and a few other characters, and he didn't know who was on the seat presiding the tiral. Characters present were: Sansa, Arya, Bran, Brienne, Sam, Robyn, Yara, Davos and Toby Osmond's character.

You guys really think they'll bring Yara back for this? And Robyn?

I think there is a lot of wrong info out there regarding Friki' info.

Here is his English video. Davos is presiding over the trial. No Yara present in the scene Friki described.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Pretty much every dead Stark for 8000 years since Bran the Builder built the crypts and Winterfell have been laid to rest in the crypts, there would be hundreds if not thousands of dead Starks buried beneath Winterfell. Add to that every woman and child that are hiding down there can easily be steamrolled over and added to the army of the dead. The Night King isn't stupid and things aren't going to go the way the fellowship of the living think it will go.

You're right, they are more dead starks down there than I originally thought. Only the Kings get statues normally but all the Starks are buried there.

GRRM didn't want to write a tropey fantasy story but Jon is as tropey as a fantasy protagonist gets.

Is this even true? Game of Thrones is as tropey as it gets. The only difference is that the people who we (the audience) thinks will be important characters are killed off early or have very little actual screen time (Oberyn, Renly).

Instead of Robb, the young lordling with the whole world at his feet our protagonist is Jon, the bastard, Sansa and Arya and Robb's crippled brother Bran.

Nov 13, 2017
I definitely think the Golden Company are coming, and I like that idea. I think it makes sense for Cersei to send her army to pounce right when one of the two enemies is defeated, and the battle has just ended, instead of waiting until one of the groups has marched straight to her doorstep. I think the Golden Company will make the fatal mistake of not realizing that the battle will have a phase 2.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The leaked dragonpit scene can't really be taken seriously at this moment. Oh and Dany fully being on board with forgiving Tyrion makes it even less believable. It's likely one of the fake scenes they shot.

Frikis translation source is better than his set-leak source. I don't think any set leaks have been accurate so far.[/QUOTE

Yeah, Tyrion being trialed and executed makes no sense in the context of the story.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
My thinking:

-Night King splits his army in two while he flies South with half of them to possess everyone in King's Landing.
-Jon/Dany barely win the battle at Winterfell but quickly realize in horror what his plan is and they rush South with whoever else survives.
-Tyrion/Jaime get there first and try to reason with Cersei but Jaime ends up killing her.
-Tyrion makes the call to blow up King's Landing as a last resort before the Night King can get there and quadruple his army.

How Euron and the Golden Company factor into this is anyone's guess. I've seen zero believable theories as to what happens with him.
The thing is why Tyrion would be on trial. This is a perfectly reasonable reason - if they can turn all the pepole at King Landing into White Walkers then they are screwed

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The GC would be cooler if the survivors of Winterfell are running and near the neck is the GC waiting for them. Cue lots of hot negotiation scenes and Tyrion trying sway them I miss game of thrones being a actual game of people outsmarting each other. We need some political hot action and the golden company vs Tyrion,Davos, Varys and Jon could be hot political shit

Them jumping attacking Winterfell sounds dumb so they are sneaking behind the first undead army but behind the GC is another undead army sneaking behind them
Well, I think the GC are employed by the crown, not necessarily Cersei. I think that is something that went over peoples heads and is gonna play a big role. So if they reveal that Jon is the true King of Westeros, something like your idea could work.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bg9aig/exodus_not_in_order/

this has to be the worst attempt at a leak in a while, and everyone seems to believe it. it's comical, even
At least it doesnt have the Golden Company going up to winterfell in the least militarily plan in the history of plans. I swear if that happens like that other leak said I'm checked out. Cersi forgetting her own advice to joffrey about taking a southern army north in the winter would be beyond stupid.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
At least it doesnt have the Golden Company going up to winterfell in the least militarily plan in the history of plans. I swear if that happens like that other leak said I'm checked out. Cersi forgetting her own advice to joffrey about taking a southern army north in the winter would be beyond stupid.

I've already disproven that leak if you look above. It's very likely Gendry lives which is not what it says in that leak. I still think there is a possibility the GC attacks during the battle though, based on set leaks. But even those are flimsy at best.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Discussion over there is almost impossible, period. Just today alone I've argued with a poster who (still) believes Arya died in S6 and is actually the Waif wearing Arya's face, and another who thinks there's a secret underground tunnel from Winterfell to King's Landing.

Yea.. people wylin out in there with dumb theories-wait-OH MY GOD I CLICKED ON THE SPOILER THREAD BY ACCIDENT abandon ship

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I've already disproven that leak if you look above. It's very likely Gendry lives which is not what it says in that leak. I still think there is a possibility the GC attacks during the battle though, based on set leaks. But even those are flimsy at best.

The leak you posted has Gendry alive. And it sounds exactly how I imagine they'd script the battle.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Based only on the trailers, there's a huge turnabout that causes the inner castle to get overrun. In the episode 3 trailer, Jon and Daenerys are talking to each other but are at a strategic distance from the actual fighting.

At some point, Jon finds himself on the ground desperately fighting one-on-one. So do Jaime and Arya.

So I'm guessing Jaime screaming and Arya running is near the end, where the beginning is what we see in the episode 3 promo.

The questions is what happens in the middle. I'm guessing Theon is fucked.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
The overall shape of that leak passes the initial sniff test, but some of the details don't pass muster. Some shit is definitely going down in the crypts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.