• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wait what? So now we have like 10 leakers. It's like:

"Hi, Im a Mexican guy who brought tacos to the set everyday, I saw multiple endings where Jon wakes up and realizes that all this time he was dreaming and he is reading GRRM books in Alaska"
Idk why we are taking the new leak at face value. Everything they've said could be made based on trailer and leaked set.

Mad Bell Dany leaker has been right about everything. People seem to have a hard time coping

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? So now we have like 10 leakers. It's like:

"Hi, Im a Mexican guy who brought tacos to the set everyday, I saw multiple endings where Jon wakes up and realizes that all this time he was dreaming and he is reading GRRM books in Alaska"

Where can I find this leak? Dude sounds legit.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never watched lost.

What did fans want and what did they get instead?
Like this show lost's quality had already begun to dip prior to its final season but a lot of people were in denial. The reveals in the last episode were really unsatisfactory, didnt answer enough questions, the questions they did answer were trash, and the purgatory ending literally nullified more than half the story of the final season. It was bad even if it had a fake happy ending for the characters.

For what it worth the leaks sound on par or worse than that finale.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, shit. Bad news guys:

omQTkBd.png

Last edited:

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jon's my favourite character and I'm baffled how anybody can even suggest he should rule Westeros. He's your archetypal Int 10 Wis 7 D&D character. Kid's dumb and naive.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Lost had a good ending and its final season was nowhere near as bad as this

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I buy this Spanish leak, it's too different to the other ones and seems more like a setup for the next episode, whereas Clarke suggested that episode 5 is supposed to be the big one. ("Find the biggest TV you can.")

Plus it makes no mention of Tyrion mysteriously creeping towards the balcony in Dragonstone (seen in preview) and seems to be very confused as to where Jon/Grey Worm/Tyrion are located during the episode.

I mean, I'll take anything over the "bells drive Dany mad" thing, but this one doesn't seem right.

How the fuck does bells drive her mad. GoT has been ashitting on good chars forn8 seasons. Let it end well for Jon and Dany damnit

Oct 27, 2017
As shitty as D&D are, does anyone still believe that Dany will end up on the throne?
Her going mad is actually more plausible than the happy-ending bs from the spanish leak. The last 6 or 7 episodes worked towards her breaking point. Get over it. Mad Kween gonna get slayed.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A bittersweet end would, for example, be Dany and Jon realizing they can''t be together or Jon dying and Dany's victory feeling hollow or something like that. This ending, if true, is borderline grimdark.

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I don't believe is that she snaps hearing the bells. She snaps at the end of ep. 4/ beginning ep. 5.
The bells for whatever reason will make her even madder.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Jon's my favourite character and I'm baffled how anybody can even suggest he should rule Westeros. He's your archetypal Int 10 Wis 7 D&D character. Kid's dumb and naive.

I think it's because he's smart in the books and therefore he should win in the show too.

Or they feel it's wrong when rightful princes don't get their throne.

Sorry, guys. We have a new king now.

bran_stark_by_irenhorrors_dbaxmz1-fullview.jpg

"One God, One King, One Realm!"

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I don't know why anyone would ever expect Jon to rule if he lives.
Senerio 1) cersie or the night king win
2) Jon and Sane Danny win- Jon would be more than happy to let her rule. He doesn't want to and she seams like she would be a good one.
3) Jon and Danny win, but Danny goes crazy. He would have to kill her or someone else would. Aftwards with all threats gone he would again choose not to rule. He doesn't want to and wouldn't need to if there are no threats.

The only far out senerio where he would rule is if Danny/cersie both die. And there is some threat that he knows is coming in a few years/decade or so. Maybe bran would tell him he has to rule because the kingdom would need him to to. This one seams like a very long shot.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon armour sounds too ridiculous and too hurried of a concept to be introduced and used within the same episode. There would be no setup to it. I'm skeptical of that leak.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
A bittersweet end would, for example, be Dany and Jon realizing they can''t be together or Jon dying and Dany's victory feeling hollow or something like that. This ending, if true, is borderline grimdark.

Only if you think the story revolves around Dany and Jon. They're just two out of the six main characters.

It looks like Sansa, Arya, Bran and Tyrion all get decent endings.

And well, Jon's story does have a chance at him being happy in the future with the wildlings. Maybe, he'll marry Val in the books at the end.

Dec 2, 2017
Idk why we are taking the new leak at face value. Everything they've said could be made based on trailer and leaked set.
Mad Bell Dany leaker has been right about everything. People seem to have a hard time coping

It is straight up fanfiction.

Also, why is everyone so focused on bells ringing? The dude on reddit did not see it himself and has said that his source often sees unfinished scenes.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
it will be decided by a council, which includes Tyrion, who realizes emotions aren't good for governing, Bran basically is Spock

That sounds like a good idea to me. Lets give the job of being a benevolent ruler to an apathetic Johnny 5 with a bowl cut; Someone who doesn't want the job, doesn't care about politics and barely functions as a human being anymore and shows little to no care for fellow humans. "But he wont actually rule! The council that selected him will!" So what's the point in him being the figurehead? Because the people wont accept a government run by multiple people, some of which have experience in that very same job? Being an emotionless leader would be terrible. See: Theresa May.

Bran should be locked in a tower somewhere and only called upon when you need a printout of the scores at the next tournament so you can put an accumulator on or to find out if you need to pack an umbrella.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I never watched lost.

What did fans want and what did they get instead?
Lots of years buildin up a misteries and conspiracy theories only for the answer to be something people were speculating since season 1, also all major deaths in the series had their whole meaning rendered worthless by the end of it, which on it's own is a major letdown since these were some of the strongest moments of the series.
They made something bery complex with a lot of questions and cool worldbuilding but all of that was useless.

It's still worth for the ride, but the end while not being awful, greatly diminishes a whole lot of screentime

We wanted good answers for all the crazy shit and the answer we got was that it was mostly filler

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Lots of years buildin up a misteries and conspiracy theories only for the answer to be something people were speculating since season 1, also all major deaths in the series had their whole meaning rendered worthless by the end of it, which on it's own is a major letdown since these were some of the strongest moments of the series.
They made something bery complex with a lot of questions and cool worldbuilding but all of that was useless.

It's still worth for the ride, but the end while not being awful, greatly diminishes a whole lot of screentime

This is not even 1/100th of what the lost ending was. It's actually going to have a conclusion, Lost just gave up.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Didnt a bell get blown out of the great sept and crush some poor sods when Cersei blew it up?

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon armour sounds too ridiculous and too hurried of a concept to be introduced and used within the same episode. There would be no setup to it. I'm skeptical of that leak.
The Long Night that we've been hearing about for nearly a decade now resolving in one actual human night, with that entire war condensed into one episode, sounded too ridiculous and too hurried of a concept to work

But here we are

Status
Not open for further replies.