• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
vy9hbjdu7mw21.png
dYHLlQZ.gif

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, getting tired of Varys bull shit too. Dude you signed on to make Dany queen, how did you think it would go? That she would just go to King's Landing and the Lannisters would bow down and just gift the damn thing over? It's not Dany's fault that that isn't the way that world works.

Bunch of ungrateful back stabbers.
Had Dany just done what she wanted to to begin with we would have avoided so much loss of life but then the show would end because she would just win everything so instead we need to make everyone be very stoopid in order to create conflict.My favorite kind of writing.
Sansa is exhausting at this point. All she does is stand there and look upset whenever anything happens.
I struggle to think of a conflict as substance less as Sansa hating Dany for literally no reason.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I'd fully expect one of Cersei's plans to be waiting on Dany's armed forces to enter into the city (to march through it to the Red Keep) only to have her forces set off the wildfire underneath the city to try and kill all of Dany's forces.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yup, the iron throne has more personality than Bran. If this ends up being true...boiiii
Lol so true. And yeah if he does end up winning I am going to bask in the riots. One of the reddit threads on the spoilers has a long list of the actors in interviews giving pretty disappointing answers about the end of the show and their characters, all the major ones didn't seem particularly happy.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bronn being on the council of "winners" at the end of the show that advise Bran is also pure fucking stupid.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not able to follow the thread, but can anyone point me toward the final spoilers people are talking about?

How can Bran become king? Like, even if we're not taking Jon or Dany into consideration, wouldn't Gendry be next in line? He was made a legitimate Baratheon heir.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else that Bran was taken on this huge journey to acquire mad power and be reduced to bait, but king? What?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had Dany just done what she wanted to to begin with we would have avoided so much loss of life but then the show would end because she would just win everything so instead we need to make everyone be very stoopid in order to create conflict.My favorite kind of writing.

I struggle to think of a conflict as substance less as Sansa hating Dany for literally no reason.

Tyrion and Varys are just both pure shit at their jobs. She never should've brought them on as advisors.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bronn being on the council of "winners" at the end of the show that advise Bran is also pure fucking stupid.
Biggest of them all is Tyrion. Tyrion has become one of the dumbest characters in a show ever. Dude is a walking disaster its amazing hes able to get out of bed in the morning without starting a new conflict.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not able to follow the thread, but can anyone point me toward the final spoilers people are talking about?

How can Bran become king? Like, even if we're not taking Jon or Dany into consideration, wouldn't Gendry be next in line? He was made a legitimate Baratheon heir.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else that Bran was taken on this huge journey to acquire mad power and be reduced to bait, but king? What?

Do the leaks even say that Bran becomes King in the traditional sense? One of the leaks says Drogon melts the Iron Throne.

The leaks do seem to say that Bran is voted like "head of the ruling council" but is that technically the "king" or just the head of the new post-Iron Throne era?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The problem is youre using your brain to think about this when what matters is, did you see this coming and are your expectations subverted?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda find myself hoping at this point Drogon just kills all these idiots and finishes by lighting Cersei's ass on fire (thus D&D's line for Euron about a "finger in the bum" becomes prophetic storytelling). Ghost shows up and finishes Jon for being an ungrateful prick. Drogon and Ghost then just hang out and have adventures (Fire & Ice amiright?!).

Sam and Gilly live and he writes a book about it.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
It'd be awesome if this episode was the only actual leak and the rest were just building off of it but that's not happening.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do the leaks even say that Bran becomes King in the traditional sense? One of the leaks says Drogon melts the Iron Throne.

The leaks do seem to say that Bran is voted like "head of the ruling council" but is that technically the "king" or just the head of the new post-Iron Throne era?

Oh, a ruling council. I have to take a look at these leaks myself.

Jon would for sure be a great ruler, but if he wants distance from all that shit, I think his character deserves it, he's been through a fair bit and accomplished a lot. I personally understand him wanting no part of it because I would feel the same.

The problem is youre using your brain to think about this when what matters is, did you see this coming and are your expectations subverted?

I really hope this isn't that far gone....

The thing that annoys me the most is really Bran, what the hell are they going to do with him that is satisfying and feels deserved in the last two episodes? I'm not too optimistic on that one, and it's a shame because there was so much potential for his character.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, the person in "power" with the ability to see horrible things coming anywhere in the world as they are happening, while being in a world without an early warning system??

And he doesn't really care for personal glory or desires. Sounds ok.

But I'm sure that whoever his caretakers end up being will screw things up.

Sounds like how the internet was a huge boon for the world in the beginning, right up until it became the worst thing.

It's Poetry. It Rhymes.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Bran being king would marginalize "being a king". No, fuck that, it makes no sense.

Like I said before, it makes complete sense within the books. Bran's mentor is Bloodraven, a Former Hand of the King, that ruled Westeros with magic. Bloodraven is trying to make a mini-him in Bran except Bran's way more powerful than Bloodraven ever was.

And Bran's future is attaining godhood:

The queen's men took up the cry, beating the butts of their spears against their shields. "One realm, one god, one king!

"The bleeding star bespoke the end," he said to Aeron. "These are the last days, when the world shall be broken and remade. A new god shall be born from the graves and charnel pits."

So it makes sense that we're getting a role-reversal with Tommen and Bran here:

"At Winterfell, Tommen fought my brother Bran with wooden swords," Jon said, remembering. "He wore so much padding he looked like a stuffed goose. Bran knocked him to the ground." He went to the window and threw the shutters open. The air outside was cold and bracing, though the sky was a dull grey. "Yet Bran's dead, and pudgy pink-faced Tommen is sitting on the Iron Throne, with a crown nestled amongst his golden curls."

"Dragons and darker things," said Leo. "The grey sheep have closed their eyes, but the mastiff sees the truth. Old powers waken. Shadows stir. An age of wonder and terror will soon be upon us, an age for gods and heroes.

This guy called Bran being king in the end because of the themes behind it:

[/quote]

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i went from "man i hope the starks all survive, i dont mind dany too much but whatever happens happens" to "fuck the starks, fuck honor, dany needs to burn it all"

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Yes, they say Tyrion makes a speech and Bran is voted king.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeFolkNe...st_leaks_seem_to_confirm_the_insider/emm5yez/

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
I find Bran to be the anti-Night King. They kill the Night King but wind up in a completely different kind of slavery, one where free will is an illusion. He's not a Philosopher King, he'd be a magical tyrant.

People seem to think him having access to swathes of the history / info make him some kind of god. Billions of people today have access to similar amounts of info at their fingertips but guess what? At least 50% of them are total idiots lol just having access to info isn't enough and he's already displayed how poor he is at interpreting stuff and shows an absolute disinterest in humanity and emotion.

He'd be like a Westoros skynet, as likely to murder most of the populace to plant more weirwood trees and use the fresh corpses as fertiliser than do anything beneficial for the people of the realm

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, it makes complete sense within the books. Bran's mentor is Bloodraven, a Former Hand of the King, that ruled Westeros with magic. Bloodraven is trying to make a mini-him in Bran except Bran's way more powerful than Bloodraven ever was.

I've been pushing that vid, to show people it works. But no one wants to watch it. 😞

Oct 27, 2017

[/QUOTE]
No, it doesn't just because the book vaguely hint at that.
Let's recap:
Bran for the majority of the show was on his own little quest and didn't interact with any of the other characters.
When he finally meets them he's a stone on wheels and his only trick is telling some stuff that no one can proove and no one even questions. No one really knows this guy!
It's like voting for the shiest most invisible class mate in a class speaker election...unless those two remaining episodes let him do something completely mindblowing.

Last edited:

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
She is a trained silent assassin. Trained by a guy who killed people left, right and centre in Harrenhal without getting caught.
There's no point in responding to that post my guy. The WW did notice her. What did you want them to do scream "Nooooooooo" it's obvious that's how the NK turned around and caught a human by the neck mid air. He knew she was coming, just like Theon. He was being cocky. He just didn't know that the woman who ran up on him was a trained assassin. People are acting like she stabbed him the the back "Dolores Edd style".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's a fair view but the difference is that Bran is benevolent and wants to guide humanity.

He's if Gandalf decided to claim the One Ring and rule Middle Earth except he proved impervious to the Ring's influence.

Gandalf was benevolent too. There's no way to be sure Bran wouldn't become some sort of ultra-pragmatic robot man culling populations to ensure maximum efficiency and growth.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
No, it doesn't just because the book vaguely hint at that. Let's recap:
Bran for the majority of the show was on his own little quest and didn't interact with any of the other characters.
When he finally meets them he's a stone on wheels and his only trick is telling some stuff that no one can proove and no one even questions. No one really know this guy!
It's like voting for the shiest most invisible class mate in a class speaker election...unless those two remaining episodes let him do something completely mindblowing.

I said within the books not the show. It's rushed on the show and there is no Bloodraven there to mentor him, it's just a guy in a tree.

People seem to think him having access to swathes of the history / info make him some kind of god. Billions of people today have access to similar amounts of info at their fingertips but guess what? At least 50% of them are total idiots lol just having access to info isn't enough and he's already displayed how poor he is at interpreting stuff and shows an absolute disinterest in humanity and emotion.

He'd be like a Westoros skynet, as likely to murder most of the populace to plant more weirwood trees and use the fresh corpses as fertiliser than do anything beneficial for the people of the realm

According to Isaac, Bran is omniscient and wants to guide humanity.

According to GRRM, Bran can also take over any other life form by bodysnatching one or several lifeforms at once.

According to Isaac, Bran can see different timelines at once or look through a person past.

And in the books, he can appear in people's dreams like he did for Jon.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to pop in here after feeling immensely disappointed by last night's episode. Read the spoiler post and honestly, I'm kind of fine with it at this point. This last episode really made me kind of stop caring about any individual character.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Stuff like that makes doubt the leaks are true and someone is trolling us big time. That's just a unseen and unheard level of ooc-bs. Who in the right mind will swallow that without choking? Bronn?! Brooonnn?!?!?!

The giving Bronn Highgarden line from last night's episode makes me believe that part of the leak is true.

He would be Warden of the South in that case and would have the right to a seat on a council.

Feb 3, 2018
I guess Cleganebowl is on the next episode?
M6W2KbA.jpg
Stuff like that makes doubt the leaks are true and someone is trolling us big time. That's just a unseen and unheard level of ooc-bs. Who in the right mind will swallow that without choking? Bronn?! Brooonnn?!?!?!

Marcus read this it was posted several days before episode 4 and this leak got everything right about episode 4 the leaks are legit.

Varys betraying Dany seems legit after the conversation he had with Tyrion about being loyal to the realm.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The spinoff are going to need to tier writers to be successful. And please no Nolan brothers, don't need another show that is full of plot holes but are hidden by extreme gaslighting.

At this point Gandalf might as well as show up to kill Cersei and Danny because he forgot he was in a different story because herp a fucking derp.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

[/QUOTE]
That's impressive. Now the journey to get there just has to make sense.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It's happening.

What a miserable, pathetic world Westeros is going to be when it's all said and done. A soulless robot on the throne, and a murderer, a barely-literate pirate, a coward and a drunken idiot as the Small Council.

Hopefully Drogon comes back and just destroys the Red Keep entirely in an epilogue scene.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
what the hell is even tyrion at this point

Behind the scenes episode 3, Peter Dinklage was like wtf to the stupidity of going into a crypt but worded in a nice way. He probably wouldn't have been interested in this show if it started like that - he is very selective especially with the dumb stereotypes of little people in fantasy. The talented actors know. HBO needs to realize this too or the spinoffs are dead on arrival.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
What a miserable, pathetic world Westeros is going to be when it's all said and done. A soulless robot on the throne, and a murderer, a barely-literate pirate, a coward and a drunken idiot as the Small Council.

Hopefully Drogon comes back and just destroys the Red Keep entirely in an epilogue scene.

I'm just here for the glorious meltdowns at this point.

FWIW I don't have a problem with Bran on the throne but I agree that the work hasn't been done to get there.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It's happening.

Tyrion as Hand, Sam as Grand Maester, Bronn as Warden of the South, Davos as Admiral or something. All supporting the god-king Bran.

And they way Tormund conspicuously mentioned he was going to Castle Black? I think I know where Jon will be and with whom at the end. He said the White Wolf needed room roam and be free. I'm not saying the show is too heavy-handed with how they foreshadow stuff, but that seemed obvious to me.

Show is already wacky-town... I'd love it if they said 'fuck it' and make Bronn a secret Reyne.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Gandalf was benevolent too. There's no way to be sure Bran wouldn't become some sort of ultra-pragmatic robot man culling populations to ensure maximum efficiency and growth.

I mean I assume they'll show some tidbit of how he'll rule but I don't think we're going to get a 50 to thousand year epilogue of King Brandon Stark's rule.

We're just going to have to assume that King Bran is going to have a reign like the God-On-Earth which seems to have been foreshadowing for Bran:

In the beginning, the priestly scribes of Yin declare, all the land between the Bones and the freezing desert called the Grey Waste, from the Shivering Sea to the Jade Sea (including even the great and holy isle of Leng), formed a single realm ruled by the God-on-Earth, the only begotten son of the Lion of Night and MaidenMade-of-Light, who traveled about his domains in a palanquin carved from a single pearl and carried by a hundred queens, his wives. For ten thousand years the Great Empire of the Dawn flourished in peace and plenty under the God-on-Earth, until at last he ascended to the stars to join his forebears.

I'll just assume that Bran ruled like Leto II.

After the death of his aunt, the regent Alia Atreides, Leto II proclaimed himself God-Emperor of the Atreides Empire, and ruled for approximately 3,500 standard years, guiding humankind with his iron fist towards survival.

Yep. It's happening.

Tyrion as Hand, Sam as Grand Maester, Bronn as Warden of the South, Davos as Admiral or something. All supporting the god-king Bran.

"All hail Brandon the Rebuilder, Astral Knight, the Winged Wolf and the God of Westeros."

"One God, One King, One Realm!"

Oct 27, 2017
Marcus read this it was posted several days before episode 4 and this leak got everything right about episode 4 the leaks are legit.

Varys betraying Dany seems legit after the conversation he had with Tyrion about being loyal to the realm.
I've read it. I was in this thread when the majority of leaks happened. This was more a rethorical remark from me: this is so bad, I still can't believe it. Most of the stuff is fine from the "want to see this world burn"-perspective, but Bran and the council, Jon..ugh.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
And they way Tormund conspicuously mentioned he was going to Castle Black? I think I know where Jon will be and with whom at the end. He said the White Wolf needed room roam and be free. I'm not saying the show is too heavy-handed with how they foreshadow stuff, but that seemed obvious to me.

Forgot that part. Those two bits made me come away last night thinking the leak was legit.

Also, if y'all don't think the Bran/Tyrion conversation that was cut away from won't come back into play here, you're crazy.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just here for the glorious meltdowns at this point.

FWIW I don't have a problem with Bran on the throne but I agree that the work hasn't been done to get there.

If Bran was even an eighth of a character it wouldn't be quite so terrible, but he's just nothing. He's a barely-living meme. It's like giving the throne to the Lord of Bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.