• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotcha. It's precisely why I loved it, but that goes to show: everyone has different tastes.
Exactly! For instance, one of your picks (Sucker Punch) is a guilty pleasure of mine. I know it's a terrible film but there's something the last remenant of my teenager brain found entertaining about it.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
This might piss some people off, but Speed Racer.

I was in the theater and I just wasn't feeling it. At the climax of the movie during the big race, the projector stopped working. The theater said they couldn't offer refunds, but we could go to the next showing starting in a few minutes for free. I just left. Still have not seen the end of the movie.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Man of Steel
Dark knight Rises
Day After Tomorrow
The Room
Star Wars Rise of Skywalker
Terminator Gensys
The Hobbit Trilogy (technically only watched the first one)
Hush
Funny Games
Triangle
Every Rob Zombie Horror Movie
Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboots and resequel

And probably a lot more that I can't think of right now.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I can quote every scene in Forest Gump, and I watch it and still find lines I never heard before. It is fun to watch a movie and see things you missed.
I knew some people growing up that seemed to remember a ton of lines from movies, and I always thought they just had a real good memory. I guess I never considered that they might have watched them multiple times. It all makes sense now.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
HarshSneakyJaeger-size_restricted.gif
The last 6 Star Wars were bad enough to never ever want to rewatch. Not worst thing ever but bad imo

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
It Follows was pretty widely enjoyed. It wasn't just an Era/GAF thing.
Truthfully, the only places I saw it mentioned was on Era/Gaf and maybe a couple of bus stop adverts. The reviews from Era/Gaf were glowing so I gave it a shot and found it incredibly lacklustre that I've not felt the need to watch it again.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It Chapter 2 has an absolute terrible ending with that letter that it's also actively pushed me away from watching the first It as well which I used to enjoy quite a bit.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I knew some people growing up that seemed to remember a ton of lines from movies, and I always thought they just had a real good memory. I guess I never considered that they might have watched them multiple times. It all makes sense now.

I'm embarassed to admit how many times I seen Jingle all the way

H2intensity

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All the star wars sequel trilogy, especially episode IX. I just pretend those trilogy doesn't exist.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
That new Matrix film. Absolutely zero redeeming qualities, I honestly thought it would be impossible for it to be worse than part 2 and 3, but they somehow managed the impossible. Utterly awful.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Alien Covenant would have been a far better film if all of the little short films had been integrated into the actual film. When you have character development you have characters you care about. They did the same thing with Prometheus to a lesser extent and I thought it was weird then too. Not sure how much it would have helped, but it would have helped.
I adore Scott's entire Alien saga, but The Crossing should have been in the movie's runtime, ideally as a fleshed out Shaw prologue (2015's Paradise script by John Logan full fat, making a whole different movie albeit, maybe resembling the early full film Paradise Lost script) or The Crossing short as is for David's flashback vs just the small bombing clip from the short that made the theatrical cut of Covenant.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
RoS might be a standout, but generally I don't watch even films I like again after seeing them

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Batman v Superman.

TROS.

The Last Airbender.

Fantastic Beasts 2.

Suicide Squad.

(God I hate how confused I get by the suicide squad vs suicide squad lol)

Last edited:

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Most films are a once-and-done, as are novels, tv shows, video games, etc - it takes me really having enjoyed something to rewatch/read/play - which I do but most things are a one-and-done, music is very hard to discern if you like it on just the one listen and sex of course, only doing that once would be good but also a bummer. So yeah as much as I enjoy rewatching Yojimbo or 2001 - most movies I am not watching again.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'm struggling to think of movies that I wouldn't watch again because they were BAD rather than they were good movies that were stressful to watch. So I kinda just skimmed this thread to use for ideas.

The Rob Zombie movies are great examples. The Mist, as I've detailed in that recent thread. Tons of garbage on streaming services that tricked me with good thumbnails.

Oct 26, 2017
I saw The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker each once in theaters on opening night and haven't watched either since.
These are mine, kinda. I gave The Last Jedi one more try. The Yoda scene really helps. Rest was still awful and I'll never watch either again. But I don't REFUSE to watch or anything. That it strong language. I'll just never got out of my way to see them again.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Why would I ever rewatch a film I think is a 1/10? 7 random things I've rated that:

Dude, Where's My Car? (2000)
The Perfection (2018)
Enter the Void (2009)
Special Correspondents (2016)
Don't Breathe (2016)
I Kill Giants (2017)
Injustice (2021)

Blah blah, etc. I'm not shy about busting out that rating.

I see you don't have Dont breathe 2 on this list...

if you gave Don't Breathe a 1 / 10 I can't even begin to wonder what DB2 would be.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
99% of movies i'll only watch once. It has nothing to do with the quality for me. To me it just doesnt make sense to watch a movie and where you know whats gonna happen.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For me there are two that stand out.

Alien Covenant - I was hyped about this especially since Ridley Scott was directing. I hate everything about it. Elizabeth's character was killed between films and has zero screen time, we had a bullshit story about how Christians are victimised for their beliefs. But the most unforgivable thing is the whole idea that David a fucking Android created the Aliens. I hate this idea and it reads like bad fan fiction and it doesn't even fit with the canon the ship from the original film was noted to be an ancient wreck having been on LV-426 for centuries or possibly much longer. I went to see this day one in the cinema and I refuse to see it ever again, I wish I had asked for my money back it's so bad.

Terminator Genysis - this film took a massive steaming dump on the entire franchise. One of the most shameless cash grabs I have ever seen. With a plot so bad I found it insulting, especially the whole John Connor is the bad guy angle. I saw it once but thankfully I didn't have to pay for thus dumpster fire.

I consider both of these fucking awful films to be non canon in their respective franchises and refuse to watch either of them ever again.

God damn you for reminding me of this movie. I saw it once and tried to never think about it again.

Fuck.

Genysis was bad too, but not nearly on the same level as Covenant.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Battlefield Earth.

Catwoman.

Might be two of the worst movies-with-budgets I've ever seen. I'll never watch them again.

Not a bad film by any stretch - in fact it's a beloved film for many - but a movie I disliked so much and will never, ever watch it again is Forrest Gump.
Same with Mission: Impossible 2. Both of those movies left such a strong distaste in my mouth I'll not be returning to either. Ever.

Aug 13, 2019
The Last Airbender - Aside from being a bad adaptation of Avatar, it's also just a bad movie with stiff acting and disappointing action. Even if Avatar didn't exist to compare it to, this movie would still be bad.

Bayformers - The only good thing about these movies is that they brought Transformers back into the spotlight. I'll never watch any of these movies again

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
You know what, I haven't seen Alien: Covenant. Prometheus was so bad, I think Covenant just never piqued my interest.

Now I feel like I need to see it, just to rule on its quality.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I haven't seen Alien: Covenant. Prometheus was so bad, I think Covenant just never piqued my interest.

IMO... watch them back-to-back, especially if it's been so long since you saw Prometheus. I also agree with others that the cut scenes from A:C belong in the full film, regardless of if you think it's shit or a masterpiece. I think there's a fan edit out there somewhere that does exactly that.

On-topic, sort of...
Southland Tales used to qualify as a "WTF, this is trash, I'm never watching this again" movie, but... rewatching it actually made me appreciate it far more. Some films take extra viewings to sink in, I guess. :) It's a masterpiece above that of Donnie Darko.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

Prometheus is just a smoldering mire of stupidity and mediocrity. Covenant is a wild, outlandish celebration of stupidity and mediocrity.

It was so unhinged that I was actually sad they canceled the follow-up.

NearingZero

Jul 1, 2020
On-topic, sort of...
Southland Tales used to qualify as a "WTF, this is trash, I'm never watching this again" movie, but... rewatching it actually made me appreciate it far more. Some films take extra viewings to sink in, I guess. :) It's a masterpiece above that of Donnie Darko.
Whoa. I rewatch some movies, and there are very few I would absolutely REFUSE to rewatch. When I saw Southland Tales in your post, I thought "yeah, that one qualifies". But I remember nothing about it, so I'm trusting my decade-and-a-half old reaction to it. So now you have me curious. Not sure if I want to risk it if I'm going to end up pissed off at how terrible it is.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. I rewatch some movies, and there are very few I would absolutely REFUSE to rewatch. When I saw Southland Tales in your post, I thought "yeah, that one qualifies". But I remember nothing about it, so I'm trusting my decade-and-a-half old reaction to it. So now you have me curious. Not sure if I want to risk it if I'm going to end up pissed off at how terrible it is.
I mean... take what I say with a massive grain of salt (I'm an Alien: Covenant apologist, after all ;) ) but I just found that I connected with ST on my repeat viewing, over a decade later. I also took the time to read the 3-chapter graphic novel in advance, which... helps. It's still a deeply flawed film... but it's a deeply flawed masterpiece, IMO.
You'll probably hate me if you rewatch it lol

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
ReykjavĂ­k, Iceland
Looking through my half stars on Letterboxd I'm seeing some strong contenders like Feardotcom, Norbit, Fant4stic, Mean Girls 2 and I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry. Also shout out to Sucker Punch, just an absolute waste of everything.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
The last Jedi - I just really didn't enjoy my time with this one. Haven't watched Rise of Skywalker yet and I'm not planning to.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
IMO... watch them back-to-back, especially if it's been so long since you saw Prometheus. I also agree with others that the cut scenes from A:C belong in the full film, regardless of if you think it's shit or a masterpiece. I think there's a fan edit out there somewhere that does exactly that.

Watch Prometheus again?! This advice goes against the spirit of this thread, don't you think? LOL

I know you didn't ask me, but I would still like to inform you that Covenant is fucking trash.

Prometheus is just a smoldering mire of stupidity and mediocrity. Covenant is a wild, outlandish celebration of stupidity and mediocrity.

It was so unhinged that I was actually sad they canceled the follow-up.

Well, I'll be watching it under very different circumstances than when I saw Prometheus. I went into that film with great optimism and excitement. I'll be seeing Covenant with mere curiosity. I'm sure we've all experienced how much expectations can influence the enjoyment or disappointment upon seeing a movie.

NearingZero

Jul 1, 2020
I mean... take what I say with a massive grain of salt (I'm an Alien: Covenant apologist, after all ;) ) but I just found that I connected with ST on my repeat viewing, over a decade later. I also took the time to read the 3-chapter graphic novel in advance, which... helps. It's still a deeply flawed film... but it's a deeply flawed masterpiece, IMO.
You'll probably hate me if you rewatch it lol
Thanks for the extra info. Probably won't give it another chance, but I still recognize that I could have misjudged it.

Something that I think a lot of people don't appreciate is that their viewing of a movie can be highly dependent on their own experiences and state of mind, which are subject to change.

I don't think I've had quite as drastic a reversal as you've described, but I've certainly had significant changes of opinion on movies I watched a 2nd time many years later.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the movies listed here are just sub par and not genuinely terrible. But then again, maybe if a movie has that rep, I guess, people just don't watch it? Like, how many people have actually sat through Battlefield Earth?

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I find it weird that people don't re watch movies they like. Especially, if they are easy to digest blockbuster movies. I couldn't tell you how many times I've rewatched Predator, Alien (s), terminator etc

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Even if a movie is mediocre, I'm not going to watch it again. Should do a thread about good movies you'll never watch a second time.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Zack Snyder Justice League

What a pile of shit. At least the Whedon version had the sense to end after 2 hours. I will never forgive the one who begged me to watch it

machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually more inclined to watch a genuinely bad movie again than a mediocre movie. Bad movies usually have something entertaining about them (whether it is bad acting, sfx, or something else). Mediocre movies just tend to be tedious.