• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
No seriously, why does people hate me? Because I'm not screaming for masuda's head? Is that it? Because I don't like a game! Why am I always met with "Oh you're scum" "Oh you're a bootlicker!" "Oh just kill yourself already!" Will that make you happy? Is my existence so despised that my very presence is worthy of scorn! Why does everyone hate me!?! Why? Please! Tell me!

Ey no normal persona here hate you for having another opinion in Dexit, yeah some people are getting too worked out but it's better to ignore this type of people.

Jun 10, 2018
Another slightly facetious rage comment: You keep the worthless Oddish line over my beloved Zu? Really!!??!

AWW HELL NA dems fighting actions now Gamefreak!!!

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Well I'm ready to admit I was wrong on 1 thing.

Not even Gen 1 as a whole was safe. So much for "the most recognizable Pokémon that sell no matter what"

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I'd rather you shut up and not insult and upset your fellow posters instead, but maybe that's just me. An apology might do instead, mind.
short answer: nah

real answer: Fuck no. For nearly half a year, the same handful of corporate apologists have been shouting down every gripe longtime fans have had with this generation thus far and constantly labeling them as toxic, entitled babies while endlessly bitching about the discourse long after the fury had died down. Now that we're two weeks out from launch and we've seen those complaints pan out and more, I'd say they get a dose of their own medicine for once.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, this never happened. You continue to be full of shit.

Are you kidding me? This happened over the summer. People said that this was justified as "people making their concerns known". That "Masuda is a public figure, he should expect this". Go dig up the threads; people downplayed it and yet despite it, it turned into an out of control monstrosity that made discussing Pokemon on twitter completely intolerable.

This happened.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

real answer: Fuck no. For nearly half a year, the same handful of corporate apologists have been shouting down every gripe longtime fans have had with this generation thus far and constantly labeling them as toxic, entitled babies while endlessly bitching about the discourse long after the fury had died down. Now that we're two weeks out from launch and we've seen those complaints pan out and more, I'd say they get a dose of their own medicine for once.
Thank God you're here to prove that the perception of people being "toxic, entitled babies" (your words, not mine) is WAY off the mark.

There is a poster who has been demonstrably hurt by what you've said in this thread. Rather than this self-aggrandising bollocks about giving people a taste of their medicine, why don't you actually look at what you're posting, and the effect it actually has? I've not seen anyone be as rude as you've been here, on either side, without justifiably catching a ban for it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When did I do that? When did I fucking do that? What medicine? What the hell are you talking about! Why? Why! Is my misery so excited to you because I somehow deserve it? When did I ever say something on this line? Why do you hate me so much! Why does everyone hate me so much! I am not a bootlicker! Why are you attacking me with so much glee!?!

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Thank God you're here to prove that the perception of people being "toxic, entitled babies" (your words, not mine) is WAY off the mark.

There is a poster who has been demonstrably hurt by what you've said in this thread. Rather than this self-aggrandising bollocks about giving people a taste of their medicine, why don't you actually look at what you're posting, and the effect it actually has? I've not seen anyone be as rude as you've been here, on either side, without justifiably catching a ban for it.
...They're being sarcastic.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
When did I do that? When did I fucking do that? What medicine? What the hell are you talking about! Why? Why! Is my misery so excited to you because I somehow deserve it? When did I ever say something on this line? Why do you hate me so much! Why does everyone hate me so much! I am not a bootlicker! Why are you attacking me with so much glee!?!

No one is taking about you. Take a step back and stop posting here if its making you feel like this.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me? This happened over the summer. People said that this was justified as "people making their concerns known". That "Masuda is a public figure, he should expect this". Go dig up the threads; people downplayed it and yet despite it, it turned into an out of control monstrosity that made discussing Pokemon on twitter completely intolerable.

This happened.
Remember when you made a thread about how you acknowledged that you take arguments like this too personally to the point where you argue disingenuously simply for the sake of arguing

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I get not having other gen starters, but keeping fucking Charizard in while my boy Blaziken is out hurts.

Also, it strikes me that removing Gen 1 legendaries ain't gonna sit well with those who bought Let's Go.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I really think you need to stop posting. Getting this stressed out over a videogame (one that's going to sell millions no matter what anyone says here) isn't healthy.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019

This happened.
Discussing anything on Twitter is intolerable. It isn't just Pokemon. Any franchise with any sort of controversial aspect is going to turn into that. Nobody here is harassing Masuda. I don't see why people must answer for the sins of randoms on Twitter.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

This happened.

I think I must have read pretty much every post in the first dexit thread. The harassment of Masuda's personal twitter was universally condemned. But hey, if you wanna go dip up some posts proving me wrong I'll be happy to take the L.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe Squirtle and Bulbasaur would be cut. What's the legitimacy of this leak?

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
That is even rougher than I feared. Slowbro and ambipom and mudkip. It's so fundamental to the series it really feels like something that should never have been allowed to happen. Unmoving sprites is preferable to this.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I have to be joking! Because me being miserable isn't good enough! I have to be joking so you all can continue to let me know how worthless I fucking am! What did I do to deserve this! WhAT~!?!

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

It's far more than a handful who've played down concerns with the national dex but insulting one person over your beef with a large section of the community is completely unfair.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
His response is specifically about mine. It was a response to my post. His words are directly after me. I need to know why I'm hated this much!
This reads like
F2037B8705BD0651E8557823AAED820B4923BAE5

C'mon man

Edit: If you ARE serious, then you need to leave the thread as it is affecting you badly. No one hates you over Pokémon

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I knew this was coming. It was obvious that GF was going to cut at least half of the old Pokemon otherwise they wouldn't have done a big deal out of it.
Some people that thought it wasn't a big deal before are going to have a change of heart when the reality of it hits them.

Go take a break from the forum. You are taking things here way too personally. I'm sure most people don't know who you are, much less wish you harm in any way.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His response is specifically about mine. It was a response to my post. His words are directly after me. I need to know why I'm hated this much!
You aren't. People are confusing disagreeing over video games as being something worthy of attack, but I guarantee you that it's not intended to hurt you, no matter how hurtfully expressed.

It's just video games, fundamentally- if it's hurting you to take part in the discussion, I can only recommend that you step away.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I have no idea why people expected the starters to come back. Most of them aren't obtainable in gens that aren't their own so they wouldn't be available here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But then Sun and Moon did stuff like the island scan.
People are being to quick to say this is all 100% certain that some of these won't see a return.
Gamefreak has long since confirmed that if you're not in the Dex you aren't in the game, and we have people in the post game.

I'm a bit curious, all those Pokémon can be catched in Sword/Shield? Or you would need the Poké Bank.
Presumably they all can be obtained except for the mythicals like Meltan, which we haven't seen yet.

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
I was starting to consider picking up Sword, but this list reminded me why I shouldn't bother. I'm sorry, but there are too many of my favorites on that list.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine not being able to use ya fav Pokémon from last gen literally the next gen later..........I'm still crying let me cope
tumblr_oixax6KYl61qioqevo1_250.gifv