• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
TbKEbr7.jpg
Ones with only one Pokemon on the cover are too easy, not as funny.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I would tolerate 20 new Pokémon total if it meant a game with rich features and post-game and all current Pokémon available by catching or trading. Like Smash Ultimate, creating a "complete" game is more important and interesting to me than focusing on unproven features like Gigantamaxing when Sun and Moon already changed the formula to be more interesting to begin with

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It was a very difficult decision. It's just one of those things you have to think about when making a game.

I don't think the outrage would be half as bad if they had just said

"This game proved to be a challenge, so for that reason we had to make the hard decision to leave some pokemon behind, however, we are committed to bring all your favorites to the HD generation of Pokémon in future entries"

EDIT: Sorry, DP

Oct 25, 2017

"This game proved to be a challenge, so for that reason we had to make the hard decision to leave some pokemon behind, however, we are committed to bring all your favorites to the HD generation of Pokémon in future entries"

thats the thing though, they already HAVE HD models.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
Game Freak should be happy this game leaked because the fantastic new pokemon are the only reasons I'm still getting this game.

I would tolerate 20 new Pokémon total if it meant a game with rich features and post-game and all current Pokémon available by catching or trading. Like Smash Ultimate, creating a "complete" game is more important and interesting to me than focusing on unproven features like Gigantamaxing when Sun and Moon already changed the formula to be more interesting to begin with
There's no reason we can't get 50+ new mons AND a complete game. They did it with BW/2.

Palidoozy

Concept Artist at Maxis Texas/EA
Verified
Sep 17, 2019
Austin, Texas
Have EA or Activision/Blizzard ever remade a game with fewer features than the original? I'm trying to think but can't come up with one.

While it's debatable whether it had fewer features than "the original" (especially since expansion packs were always a thing), Sims 4 got railed over feeling like a significant step down from the Sims 3. This has actually been a pretty important data point and has been something deeply discussed.

Regardless of whether or not it's justified -- people are going to dislike feeling like they're losing stuff. I'm not a fan of zubat -- but not having it there to constantly harangue me in caves makes me kind of like ":( aw man." The way you combat this is by introducing enough new features and content that people can forget about the cut stuff and feel justified moving on. For some folks, the state of SwSh is exactly that. For others, the new stuff isn't enough to offset the loss.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I thought he said that they had "No Regrets" despite the criticism?
He used criticism of Let's Go as an example of how they listen to feedback when asked about the backlash. After he said They made the choice they felt was right for SwSh, but that's a lot less definitive than the "All games will be like this now." That they had been saying previously.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like for Pokemon in this game that need Smeargle for egg moves you will need to send over a selection of that Pokemon's babies from an old game that has all of the egg moves you want. This has really messed up breeding.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like for Pokemon in this game that need Smeargle for egg moves you will need to send over a selection of that Pokemon's babies from an old game that has all of the egg moves you want. This has really messed up breeding.
egg moves change every gen though don't they

i imagine we will have different egg moves

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Game Freak should be happy this game leaked because the fantastic new pokemon are the only reasons I'm still getting this game.

There's no reason we can't get 50+ new mons AND a complete game. They did it with BW/2.

I know but that appears to not be possible anymore for whatever BS reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually ordered Black 2 last night after getting annoyed with all the cut Pokemon confirmations

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Because this is Gamefreak, I'm still not completely discarding the possibility that all Pokemon are coded in (to help with communicating with future games), but we just arbitrarily can't bring the snapped mons in from Home. Unlikely, but this is the same developer that created walking animations for every Pokemon in Sun/Moon and proceeded to do nothing with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Because this is Gamefreak, I'm still not completely discarding the possibility that all Pokemon are coded in (to help with communicating with future games), but we just arbitrarily can't bring the snapped mons in from Home. Unlikely, but this is the same developer that created walking animations for every Pokemon in Sun/Moon and proceeded to do nothing with it.
they arent gonna be in the code for the game...

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Thay already said they are not in the code for this game

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Funnily enough they actually eventually did do something with those animations.

They're used for the camp in Sword and Shield.

(So check "they wouldn't work with the camp" off the list of reasons why the Sun/Moon models wouldn't work for the old Pokemon in Sword and Shield)

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Because they have no intention of bringing all your favorites to the HD generation of Pokémon in future entries.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough they actually eventually did do something with those animations.

They're used for the camp in Sword and Shield.

(So check "they wouldn't work with the camp" off the list of reasons why the Sun/Moon models wouldn't work for the old Pokemon in Sword and Shield)
Overworld for Let's Go and SwSh as well.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to not believe we'll get the cut Pokemon in TimelessDiamond/PerfectPearl/Pokemon Lance/Giga Sword/Shield? Just wondering.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is there any reason to not believe we'll get the cut Pokemon in TimelessDiamond/PerfectPearl/Pokemon Lance/Giga Sword/Shield? Just wondering.
Well get some of them, but Gamefreak literally said that they wont have all Pokemon in one game ever again. Id bet my left nut they will cut some SwSh mons for the gen 4 remakes.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
We'll get some of them back, but then some of the Sword and Shield dex will be gone. We're never gonna get a game with the full roster again.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I really hope Showdown doesn't just toss everything that didn't get in into Anything Goes. That would probably require them to not let those pokemon access any new moves even if there's stuff they could reasonably be able to learn though

JC317

May 29, 2018
Oh man, some of these memes are just brilliant.

Someone should compile them and make a thread titled "Dexit has developed quite the fan art following already..."

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
If they aren't in the dex, they aren't being added. Gamefreak have been extremely clear about that.

oh I didn't know that.
Well...bummer
But it still looks like a really fun game. I'm lucky I haven't played the series enough to be really attached to anything
If I had played this my whole life religiously this would be super sad news

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Remember when this was first announced and people said "good! Trim the fat and get rid of the filler ones!" Turns out the filler ones were every starter, over 50% of the Pokemon in Smash, and tons of fan favorites, while the ones deemed lucky enough to make it into Sword and Shield turned out to be things like Basculin, Maractus, Shuckle, and Ferrothorn.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Remember when this was first announced and people said "good! Trim the fat and get rid of the filler ones!" Turns out the filler ones were every starter, over 50% of the Pokemon in Smash, and tons of fan favorites, while the ones deemed lucky enough to make it into Sword and Shield turned out to be things like Basculin, Maractus, Shuckle, and Ferrothorn.
Ferrothorn is fantastic though.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
RIP my shiny perfect Gogoat. Maybe one day.

Only one of my top 5 lines (the Togepi line) made it in.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

GEN 5 STAYS WINNING

tumblr_p4d6uxPd9y1uh3x51o3_r1_500.gifv