• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never played the Battle Tree but I wouldn't say it's "nothing".

TBH though I think them just going back to the Battle Tower concept as opposed to a new theme is disappointing.

But we know nothing about the rulesets involved so who knows.

We also don't know if there's a wide variety of optional content to do before the post-game since everyone who has played clearly rushed to leak.

I don't expect a Pokedex update at this point but I think stating the density of the game with certainty may be too soon.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
No new routes and areas to explore in postgame automatically makes it unacceptable. I relayed Platinum for the third time a month ago (sixth for Sinnoh in general) and I put 60 hours into it without even trying. That isn't happening here.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This looks fine to me. I play each new entry like a new experience. Each protag has their own favs and what not.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder where the usual suspects are.

60% of the Pokémon cut. Only 400 in the Dex. No postgame, no graphical improvements since the demos
tumblr_p97o7ue1Xi1rdfwwzo10_500.gif

If the overall game is fun, yes.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things that Gamefreak COULD do to mitigate the backlash:
-Promise to have a much larger roster in future games
-Fucking tell us what Pokemon Home is already and why we should be okay with it.

What Gamefreak WILL do:
-Absolutely nothing
-Make another nothing statement that amounts to "LMAO little Johnny loves Inceniroar? He can fucking wait until Pokemon Solar Sun and Lunar Moon in 2033, sorry"
They have said that worthless statement of "your pokemon will show up in future games" several times haven't they

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember when the first trailer dropped and I pointed out all the obvious BS that GF would do, how they've been cutting corners, and that the move to Switch would really show how bad they've become. I had a wave of people telling me I was wrong and that the games aren't for me anymore. I got banned a week for that. Well look who gets the last laugh now.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Do you consider SuMo's battle tree to be meaningful content?

It's nothing compared to Gen 4 or 5's post games

Regardless, there is still post game, so saying that it just beating the champion, and the no post game comments as a whole are silly. Hell, the stuff here might turn out to be good, and sounds like the post episode is longer than Delta (which granted I am not sure if that's a good thing, cause Delta was kind of eh until the very end lol).

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
really makes you think

If you're talking about earlier, I literally have no idea how I'm supposed to give Future Gazer what they asked for to prove my recollection of events. I admitted that, and despite their making personal judgements about my character and saying I was "full of shit" like always I admitted the issue couldn't be resolved and moved on. I'd ask you to the same.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The
they basically sold an entire gamecube game on "look, you can get lugia again"
That fucking worked for me.

Gen III was actually a lot of fun catching them all...but then again each game felt fresh enough, online trading didn't take away from the experience, you could use AR to get everyone in RS lol

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about earlier, I literally have no idea how I'm supposed to give Future Gazer what they asked for to prove my recollection of events. I admitted that, and despite their making personal judgements about my character and saying I was "full of shit" like always I admitted the issue couldn't be resolved and moved on. I'd ask you to the same.
I have no idea what you're talking about lol

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember when the first trailer dropped and I pointed out all the obvious BS that GF would do, how they've been cutting corners, and that the move to Switch would really show how bad they've become. I had a wave of people telling me I was wrong and that the games aren't for me anymore. I got banned a week for that. Well look who gets the last laugh now.

The same suspects are moving goal-posts in all the threads, it's really exhausting.

I mean someone literally defended lack of post-game, with the biggest shill post ever made in this site.

Gamefreak clearly won.

I'm not buying this shit, $60? LMAO.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
YES my boy whimsicott is in.

Happy about legendaries being cut) specially tapus, genies and ultra beasts, they were too dominating).

Sad about azumarill being out.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm.

So, there was a post in a discord the other day that talked about TCG cards they had seen that matched the leaks. It seemed to be authentic and vouched for.

There's a couple of oddities they've mentioned that still seem odd...for one they said GMax Raticate, who isn't in the Regional Dex. We also didn't get any leaks disqualify it, as we saw a few pages of GMax forms in the manual that was alphabetical and only showed up to M.

So, yeah, that's my last bit of hope.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Hmmm.

So, there was a post in a discord the other day that talked about TCG cards they had seen that matched the leaks. It seemed to be authentic and vouched for.

There's a couple of oddities they've mentioned that still seem odd...for one they said GMax Raticate, who isn't in the Regional Dex. We also didn't get any leaks disqualify it, as we saw a few pages of GMax forms in the manual that was alphabetical and only showed up to M.

So, yeah, that's my last bit of hope.

As someone who thought that leak was real before, it's 99.9% fake with some lucky guesses or good info mixed with bad. There is no reason to assume we are getting more Pokemon than what is in the dex. GameFreak has said many times regional dexes are it.

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland
every other entry since gen 2 was *just one game* and they included all the mons

Until they had to go HD
So? I don't care about half of those Pokemon anyways. And don't play competitively. I wish they would just announce post game DLC that fills in those ranks to put to bed this "controversy". Narrative-wise why would all Pokemon be in this one region but not in the others. Gameplay-wise I don't want 900 Pokemon that's an absurd number and wish Pokemon got rebooted with the best Pokemon cutting out the weak ones. Real world-wise yea HD development means they were never able to crunch to get every Pokemon in.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
They cut a bunch of my favourites but I still don't care lol there should definitely be more new Pokemon to makeup for the cut ones but other than that this isn't a big deal to me. I don't need to keep using the same pokemon every single game.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The only one that really hurts is sandile, it's one of my favorite lines, but I have also used it a lot before in playthroughs so it's fine.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
The new Pokemon in SwSh deserved better than this game. They're some really good, thoughtful designs and there are quite a few of them. And yet they're going to wind up swallowed up by the (in my opinion entirely justified) vitriol of the shitty decisions that went into the rest of the game.
I feel bad for James Turner the Art Director as the majority of the new Pokemon have amazing designs. Him and his team's great work are completely overshadowed by this.

lonnie413

Jul 9, 2018
I mean it makes sense not being able to catch everything in a region, but the fact you can't import out of region pokemon puzzles me but in buying it anyway so oh well.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Haha list looks fine. It's just one game folks.
This thinking invites speculation on the next generation of games, where the list can be even worse. Game Freak probably won't use all 400 Pokémon here in other games, and might substitute some ones that aren't in here over ones that made it in. This might be the only game where we get some of the gen 8 Pokémon.

The next generation will also be one set of games, and if this is the direction that the series takes going forward, people might dislike them even more than this gen.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who thought that leak was real before, it's 99.9% fake with some lucky guesses or good info mixed with bad. There is no reason to assume we are getting more Pokemon than what is in the dex. GameFreak has said many times regional dexes are it.
Okay yeah I see that now.

Damn.

Palidoozy

Concept Artist at Maxis Texas/EA
Verified
Sep 17, 2019
Austin, Texas
I get the inevitability of having to cut some pokemon, but I honestly didn't expect this much. I kinda assumed it'd be like... the old legendaries, the old starters, probably some of the inevitable bug/bird/rodents they give you at the start of the game. :( I thought my fave greninja would be safe at least!

I love a lot of the new designs -- imo some of the best I've seen -- but I'm gonna wait on purchasing and see what happens when the game comes out. Pokemon breeding is kind of my endgame, and I really enjoyed having a big pool to play around in. It got me interested in weird pokemon like Dragalge and Togekiss. I hope the game is fun/good enough to make up for it, but I'll probably just keep sitting in USuMo and try to get my shiny greninja for the time being.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
The same suspects are moving goal-posts in all the threads, it's really exhausting.

I mean someone literally defended lack of post-game, with the biggest shill post ever made in this site.

Gamefreak clearly won.

I'm not buying this shit, $60? LMAO.
That's the best part. All these cuts and they charge another 30% for the game.
Maybe if it looked significantly better graphically...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So? I don't care about half of those Pokemon anyways. And don't play competitively. I wish they would just announce post game DLC that fills in those ranks to put to bed this "controversy". Narrative-wise why would all Pokemon be in this one region but not in the others. Gameplay-wise I don't want 900 Pokemon that's an absurd number and wish Pokemon got rebooted with the best Pokemon cutting out the weak ones. Real world-wise yea HD development means they were never able to crunch to get every Pokemon in.

They don't have to be in the region. They would be transferable from Pokemon Home, just like Pokemon Bank for the last two gens. Nobody asked if you care. People obviously care. Every Pokemon is someone's favorite.

At least Exeggutor made it in... right?

No.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Umbreon is in, but I think that was a given.

But where the fuck is Scyther/Scizor. I've had an Umbreon and a Scizor in my party since Pokemon Silver :~(

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Gameplay-wise I don't want 900 Pokemon that's an absurd number and wish Pokemon got rebooted with the best Pokemon cutting out the weak ones. Real world-wise yea HD development means they were never able to crunch to get every Pokemon in.
Nobody is forcing you to use all of them, and I highly doubt you enjoy Pokemon like Shuckle over Luxray, Scizor or any non-Charizard Pokemon.

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
Seems like the complaints about Gen1 pandering were overblown.

Gen 1 54/151 (36%)
Gen 2 34/100 (34%)
Gen 3 42/135 (31%)
Gen 4 38/107 (36%)
Gen 5 85/156 (54%)
Gen 6 32/72 (44%)
Gen 7 36/81 (44%)