• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
But it's dependent on Quebec and New York doing the same.

www.cp24.com

Ontario government supports bill to make daylight time permanent

The Ontario government is in support of a private members’ bill that would put an end to Daylight Savings Time in the province, CTV News has learned.

Jeremy Roberts, MPP for Ottawa West – Nepean, has tabled Bill 214, the Time Amendment Act, to end the bi-annual practice of changing clocks across the province.

The bill has already passed second reading in the legislature with the support of the government, CTV News has confirmed.

"I see this as an important first step towards fulfilling the public's overwhelming desire to end this out-of-date practice," Roberts said in a letter issued on Wednesday.
But If passed, Roberts said the bill would give the Ontario's Attorney General (AG) the discretion of when to make the permanent change and that the AG would only bring this act into motion in coordination with the neighbouring jurisdictions, including New York and Quebec.

Clocks are typically adjusted one hour ahead in early March and fall back an hour in November. This year the clocks are set to change on November 1.

Studies have shown that the bi-annual change can cause "serious negative effects," including increased depression rates, heart attacks and strokes, Roberts said.

Please make this a thing, all my life I despised finishing school or work at 4:30pm and walking outside to find it's already pitch dark out in the winter. I am in a much better mood anytime the sun is out, I'm already bummed that the sun is setting at like 6pm and DST hasn't even ended yet.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
It's time the world just accepts that Swatch Internet Time is objectively the best and we all adopt it asap.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please make this a thing, all my life I despised finishing school or work at 4:30pm and walking outside to find it's already pitch dark out in the winter. I am in a much better mood anytime the sun is out, I'm already bummed that the sun is setting at like 6pm and DST hasn't even ended yet.

I haven't live in Toronto for about 4-5 years at this point, and man... this hits hard. I remember being in high school, pair this with peak mental health, shitty cold weather, public transportation hassle, shitty home life. It eats you up.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Okay at least we would synch with Quebec at NY, that is some level of relief.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
sohWhy9.png

Its happening? Is it happening? Please tell me its happening! Tell me the scourge is dead!

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Every place in the world should just use UTC and post their UTC business hours accordingly. Get rid of all the silliness. We're ready!

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like there is some support for this in Quebec and New York as well.

I can't wait till DST is made permanent, I hate changing twice a year and I really hate the feeling of midnight at 4pm during winter.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I haven't live in Toronto for about 4-5 years at this point, and man... this hits hard. I remember being in high school, pair this with peak mental health, shitty cold weather, public transportation hassle, shitty home life. It eats you up.

Are you me (just in 'Ssaugs)? 😭

I hate being that lame idiot who gets literally S.A.D. when the Winter rolls around, but yeah, I hate that. Having darkness by 4pm peak December is just depressing.
By no coincidence, I am allll about that mood lighting to help counter it.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you me (just in 'Ssaugs)? 😭

I hate being that lame idiot who gets literally S.A.D. when the Winter rolls around, but yeah, I hate that. Having darkness by 4pm peak December is just depressing.
By no coincidence, I am allll about that mood lighting to help counter it.

im confused, isnt these time changes to avoid being dark that early??

@_@

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I love the night so please pass this but just the other way around.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. EU's getting rid of the twice-yearly time adjustments as well in 2021. Everyone hop on board!

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks for anyone who has to wake up before 8:00 AM

Imagine bringing your kids to school when its pitch dark outside.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of DST, though I can see how that would appeal further up north. Much prefer Standard down here in Cali. Having to wake up while it's still dark is the worst.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Europe can get implement this one day. I don't believe it will happen in my lifetime, but I'd really love to be wrong on that.
I don't even care if they make DST permanent or stick to "winter time" (aka the normal time before the world lost its mind). Just stop this madness of switching clocks twice a year. It wasn't worth it a hundred years ago, and it's dumb it's being kept alive well into the 21st century.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pick one or the other, doesn't matter to me which. just stop this twice yearly time switching madness.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of daylight is the same which in the winter is not very much.

Its either dark earlier or sunlight later.

It basically won't be bright in the morning until 8:00AM if we kept DST so most of us will be waking up in darkness.