• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The grace period in particular is what gets me. That's fucking monstrous. So many people are going to have to take whatever job they can right out of school to afford repayments and end up having to potentially abandon their career goals.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Conservatives are the enemy of anyone who isn't white, rich, straight, male, and Christian. Fuck these prolific dipshits. Everywhere in the Anglosphere they behave the same. Fuck the poor, fuck minorities, fuck women, fuck the LGBTQ community, etc, that's their motto. Regardless of the country, it's the same thought process and same political strategies employed.

While I agree with your sentiment, I would just like to add that many minorities also voted for Ford.

I come from a Pakistani Muslim family and my dad's brothers all voted for Ford, they are all successful business owners whereas my dad works in a factory and has been a Liberal voter all his life (he wouldn't vote NDP even last year but thats besides the point lol). All their kids basically got a free ride through college whereas I'l be spending years paying the rest of this off. Its worse for my brother who has a really high cost for tuition in his program, and he just started too.

When I was canvassing for the NDP, I would say the majority of minorities (east asian/black/south asian) were going to vote for Ford. Selfish, greedy jerks, the lot of them.

Last edited:

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, the reader comments on the Toronto Star article about this are deflating.

How in these times in particular are people looking at the US and thinking "yeah, that predatory capitalism thing looks pretty good, give us a slice of that."?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Fucking cunt really wants to be american. As someone who has student loans in ON, this is insane. Degenerate slimy fucks. I guess tax cuts were all too lucrative to sell the next generation down the line.

Fucking assholes.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
People who vote conservative suck.

I see the same right wing comments defending this:

- college degrees are worthless if everyone has one
- good they can get a job like anyone else.
- no more welfare freeloaders getting free tuition

The conservative mind, ever vigilant to make sure someone somewhere isn't getting something they don't think they deserve.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was probably coming but it has completely fucked up my current plans.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the same right wing comments defending this:

- college degrees are worthless if everyone has one
- good they can get a job like anyone else.
- no more welfare freeloaders getting free tuition

The conservative mind, ever vigilant to make sure someone somewhere isn't getting something they don't think they deserve.

Conservatism is a cancer to society. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who votes for those regressive and racist policies.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
While I agree with your sentiment, I would just like to add that many minorities also voted for Ford.

I come from a Pakistani Muslim family and my dad's brothers all voted for Ford, they are all successful business owners whereas my dad works in a factory and has been a Liberal voter all his life (he wouldn't vote NDP even last year but thats besides the point lol). All their kids basically got a free ride through college whereas I'l be spending years paying the rest of this off. Its worse for my brother who has a really high cost for tuition in his program, and he just started too.

When I was canvassing for the NDP, I would say the majority of minorities (east asian/black/south asian) were going to vote for Ford.
I'm talking about Conservatives parties not their voters. I know that many minorities voted for the Ontario Provincial Conservatives, but it doesn't change what these parties do and how they view minority groups. Besides Harper's blatant messaging during the 2015 elections, Conservatives in Canada have been a lot smarter in what they say during elections than their ideological counterparts down south. I hope this will be an eye opener for many people that just because someone isn't running on a blatant message to screw you over, doesn't mean they won't do that the minute they have the legislative power to do so. Conservatives have always been consistent as to what they do when they get power.

jadjei

Nov 23, 2017
Uuuuggggh fuck this isn't fair..........I gotta worry about tuition and certain family members harassing me for money too now. *Sigh* Despite this I hope in some way I can pursue my career/dreams. It's going to make planning things hard.

It's the lack of grace period that makes it even worse. How could someone be so cruel?

Last edited:

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

When I was canvassing for the NDP, I would say the majority of minorities (east asian/black/south asian) were going to vote for Ford. Selfish, greedy jerks, the lot of them.

yeah, it just isn't the white conservatives. Like you said, the east asian, south asian community voted for this white trash motherfucker and his party in droves. It's pathetic.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about Conservatives parties not their voters. I know that many minorities voted for the Ontario Provincial Conservatives, but it doesn't change what these parties do and how they view minority groups. Besides Harper's blatant messaging during the 2015 elections, Conservatives in Canada have been a lot smarter in what they say during elections than their ideological counterparts down south. I hope this will be an eye opener for many people that just because someone isn't running on a blatant message to screw you over, doesn't mean they won't do that the minute they have the legislative power to do so. Conservatives have always been consistent as to what they do when they get power.

Canada is too diverse to run on a blatant platform of white supremacy.

But there's plenty of social conservatives who are immigrants they can reach out to.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
The front page of the osap site is some bullshit, 10% without communicating the restof the changes

ctz9G5i.png

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bloated fat fucking piece of shit. Hope he drops dead. And IDGAF if the mods dont like this post. I need OSAP and so do the thousands of students that are on it who want to better their lives.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Ontario being lead by a conservative leader? That's like California and NY being lead by Republicans. Okay that actually admittedly happened but they are more moderate usually and it resulted in Democratic (left leaning) majorities and in California's case, supermajorities.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Is this starting September 2019? I'm graduating in a few months (April) and to drop this is extremely bullshit.

jadjei

Nov 23, 2017
Man I'm so stressed I don't even want to look at the money I owe. I'm lucky enough to graduate from an undergraduate program but I'm currently in grad school and I regret applying for OSAP this year. Shit everything is adding up. :(

The lack of grace period is fucked up. This isn't helping us, it's screwing people with low income.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Ontario being lead by a conservative leader? That's like California and NY being lead by Republicans. Okay that actually admittedly happened but they are more moderate usually and it resulted in Democratic (left leaning) majorities and in California's case, supermajorities.

Because unlike the USA, we have 3 major parties

2 left wing (one is center left, the other is just left) and a right win party.

majority of votes went left

right wing wins because of FPTP

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Because unlike the USA, we have 3 major parties

2 left wing (one is center left, the other is just left) and a right win party.

majority of votes went left

right wing wins because of FPTP
Seems like a flaw in your system if you're gonna have multiparties. Shouldn't ranked choice voting be what you guys should be using to prevent stuff like this if you have multiple viable parties? Don't follow the path that we Americans took :S

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's what happens when you vote in Conservativr governments. Shouldn't be seen as shocking, just a disappointment people there decided to do this.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a flaw in your system if you're gonna have multiparties. Shouldn't ranked choice voting be what you guys should be using to prevent stuff like this if you have multiple viable parties? Don't follow the path that we Americans took :S
Coincidentally, electoral reform was a large part of the platform that our current federal government got elected on. They didn't follow through on that, though, and that's likely going to bite them in the ass with vote splitting in this year's election. But yes, ranked ballots would be a godsend.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah but Trudeau broke his promise. So now we have this nonsense.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trudeau promised to change the voting structure? Is that possible under your Constitution?

He promised to pursue proportional representation. So whether that is ranked ballots or whatever mechanism, yeah of course it's possible. It's also been studied for a long time. But it didn't look super good for the Liberals when they first approached it sooooo he decided we actually didn't reallly want it.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Trudeau broke his promise. So now we have this nonsense.
He promised to pursue proportional representation. So whether that is ranked ballots or whatever mechanism, yeah of course it's possible. It's also been studied for a long time. But it didn't look super good for the Liberals when they first approached it sooooo he decided we actually didn't reallly want it.

That has nothing to do with Ontario electing the cons. He has no control on provinces elections

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Wow this is full out an attack on low income families. This fucker
Ya, it attacks my family. We've had a rough couple of years, and my daughter took advantage of the grant to go to college to be a social worker. She's in her first year, and she has a placement in a seniors residence this semester.

Irony: The boomer fucks who voted for Doug Ford are going to depend on people like my daughter as they get older.

We haven't mentioned these cuts to her yet because school is stressful enough. Now we have to figure out to to fund her second year.

I hate this.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck you, Ford. I'm so scared for the fall election and this type of garbage going national. I'll take Trudeau's pussyfooting over this shit any day of the week. It's lose lose...Liberals fuck the indigenous population, Cons fuck everybody who isn't rich.