• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game is going to be my new Trackmania Turbo - the not-quite-racing game that I relentlessly beg all my friends to play.

I'm glad I gave this another go, because the "one more round" draw of the game is intense.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Internet went too low last few days, thankfully back to normal so I can get back to this. Most fun I've had this gen, can't wait for future updates.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the best thing I love about this is that while it's so damned addictive, it's always super easy to just have a quick game and be done in 10 minutes or so (if you really want). The constant progression in changing game modes, along with how a lot of it just feels so damn good (the cat physics so you always barrel roll wheels-down especially) just feels perfect.

I appreciate how the songs change over so quickly too, it's never enough to feel stale but also doesn't feel like it's chopping over too frequently. They really got a lot of subtle things in Onrush feeling awesome.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All in all, it's a really smartly designed game. AI is competent and there's a great progression system, pushing you to keep on playing both multiplayer and single player equally without feeling that one of them is worth less or something. Will come in handy in the inevitable future when the playerbase will stagnate.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there'll be tweaks to improve some of the online modes, was just in a zone mode and the other team must've had the zone warp right on top of them, because the countdown started right away and we had no hope :/

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
I hope there'll be tweaks to improve some of the online modes, was just in a zone mode and the other team must've had the zone warp right on top of them, because the countdown started right away and we had no hope :/
Today in online lockdown I had bug where my team was automatically capturing all the zones as soon as they appeared. Saw clearly during the last capture that no one was in the zone or near it and still it automatically got captured.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
All in all, it's a really smartly designed game. AI is competent and there's a great progression system, pushing you to keep on playing both multiplayer and single player equally without feeling that one of them is worth less or something. Will come in handy in the inevitable future when the playerbase will stagnate.
Exactly!! I'm not a big fan of multiplayer in Driveclub and Motorstorm but I do enjoy Onrush multiplayer while single player is as addictive as Driveclub and Motorstorm.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly!! I'm not a big fan of multiplayer in Driveclub and Motorstorm but I do enjoy Onrush multiplayer while single player is as addictive as Driveclub and Motorstorm.

Plus, not adding online-specific achievements was the right call, because let's be honest, those could become basically unobtainable in 6-12 months.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, i just got to the snow levels in the story and wow, these graphics are insane. I love how the races start during the day with light snow and end with heavy snow covering the entire track in snow at night with wonderful neon lights lighting up certain parts of the track. this is seriously one of the most impressive games i have ever played.

Snow during daytime and especially dusk and dawn looks orgasmic. I actually turned off the entire hud to take in the graphics in their full glory. it's actually kinda hard to play it like this since you have to look enemy boost to figure out who they are, but the visuals make my mouth water. if this was a Sony exclusive everyone would be fawning over it. We need Sunhi back into this thread as asap. this snow tech is just as impressive if not more than GoW and Horizon.

I will go back to something i posted a few weeks ago when they initially announced the beta. I mentioned how the motorstorm demos, especially the pacific rift ones did not use the best tracks to sell the game. And definitely not the best lighting conditions. I was hoping Evo would not make the same mistake again but they did it once again. I understand it's entirely possible that the weather tech and the day night cycles werent ready for the beta versions, but the game looks completely different under different lighting conditions, especially during dawn and dusk, night and cloudy and foggy conditions. not to mention during snow and rain. Had they released the beta with full day and night, and weather cycles, it would have been received a lot better simply because of the amount of hype it would have generated among graphics whores on this board, and there are many.

It's just so disappointing. Forza Horizon plays so mediocre and yet they focused on the day night cycle and snow tech in their E3 showcase. It's crazy that we have a game that is doing that right now and no one even knows about it. hell ive been playing it for a week and i didnt know about it until last night.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why this isn't being talked about more.
Online matchmaking (on xbox) is instant!
Weather effects (snow) are so well done and add a challenge twist,
It's easy to play and tough to master.
The modes are super fun! Zone capture is my favourite.
Music changes quickly so you never get tired of it.
A true classic.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Codies need to release a free demo with a few locations and modes like the beta. It honestly took a good hour for me to grasp and "get" the game, I can't imagine how it comes off to people who have only watched people play it.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Codies need to release a free demo with a few locations and modes like the beta. It honestly took a good hour for me to grasp and "get" the game, I can't imagine how it comes off to people who have only watched people play it.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time pinning down what the racing/handling alone, let alone the "flow" of gameplay that comes from the unique modes and set up.

It's a really hard game to put a finger on, and the marketing has been a bit confusing to me as a result. The UI, the set up, the environments, everythings a bit everywhere for me to know whether I'd like this or not. Arcade racers can go either way for me.

krpiper

Oct 28, 2017
I was listening to the Giant Beastcast and how Dan loved it, I watched the quick look and jumped in despite my inner voice saying wait for a sale...

Man this game is awesome, yes some of the takedowns seem a little cheap/weak but I had a huge stupid smile on my face the whole time. Played a few levels of the campaign and played a few online matches. Matchmaking was quick and the game runs great and looks great on a Xbox One X.

I feel like this will be like Blur, I tried tooth and nail to get my friends to bite on it back in the day.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit, I still need to grab this. How are the MM times on PS4 these days? Still really quick? Do any posters find that matches are filled with bots instead of real players?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I was listening to the Giant Beastcast and how Dan loved it, I watched the quick look and jumped in despite my inner voice saying wait for a sale...

Man this game is awesome, yes some of the takedowns seem a little cheap/weak but I had a huge stupid smile on my face the whole time. Played a few levels of the campaign and played a few online matches. Matchmaking was quick and the game runs great and looks great on a Xbox One X.

I feel like this will be like Blur, I tried tooth and nail to get my friends to bite on it back in the day.

the takedowns aren´t cheap, play further and you will get it. .-) remember the "T" rule, only bump with the front for damage. these normal bumps take 2 hits but when you crash your car with the front into the side of another it´s one hit.

jumping on top of another car is also an instant takedown, press boost in the air to come down to the ground faster if you see someone driving on the ground when you are in the air.

have fun! .-)

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really liking this game. I was kind of worried because of the price tag, but it's really fun.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I still need to grab this. How are the MM times on PS4 these days? Still really quick? Do any posters find that matches are filled with bots instead of real players?
I've never seen a match "full of bots" but occasionally you'll see one in the list (I assume if someone dropped out of the game)

I've barely touched the single player, I will say I think the game is more fun just hopping in for some rounds vs. worrying about getting all of the check marks in single player. Like I don't really mind if I lose in multiplayer if it's a close round but losing in single player sucks. Haha

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not able to finish most of my games for days now.

Xbox One X here.

The first few days were absolutely flawless.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is superb - I just wish there was more of the campaign. What's there is brilliant though and ending a barrel roll with crashing on an opponent is a ton of fun. Onrush reminds me of the craziness of WipEout and Destruction Derby. Well played Rushy and team!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheWorthyEdge

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone be interested in a ERA Discord for ONRUSH? Could be super useful for when ranked hits.

Is it just me though or are a lot of lobbies filled with bots? :/ Player counts must be really lacking...I'm spreading word of mouth everywhere I go because as of right now it's probably my favorite game of the year...? Between this and God of War.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone be interested in a ERA Discord for ONRUSH? Could be super useful for when ranked hits.

Is it just me though or are a lot of lobbies filled with bots? :/ Player counts must be really lacking...I'm spreading word of mouth everywhere I go because as of right now it's probably my favorite game of the year...? Between this and God of War.

I showed the game to a couple of friends and they liked it a lot. Both of them never heard of the game before trying here.

At best, this will become a cult hit through word of mouth.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Do you think reducing the impact of collisions with teammates will improve the gameplay? I'm fine with the crashes caused by teammates. I enjoy them as a part of the game. However, when I was the last survivor in switch, I found myself trying to stay away from titan teammates who were trying to protect me. I'm feeling my playstyle is against the way the game has been designed

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Man this is like the perfect "after work" game. Drive around fast, complete objectives, crush your opponents and just chill out for a bit.

Top 5 of the year for me currently.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is ranked available? My daily challenge is to play 5 ranked matches, but it seems like it's not available yet.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
How am I supposed to beat the Enforcer challenge in the Snowbound Dirt event?

I've tried for hours and I can't do it. The best I've managed were 3/5 shutdown takedowns/assists. The enemy Ai is way to fast and the team Ai is fucking useless.

Last edited:

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

I've tried for hours and I can't do it. The best I've managed were 3/5 shutdown takedowns/assists. The enemy Ai is way to fast and the team Ai is fucking useless.
Remind me which one that is? I've gotten 100% as of Snowbound right now. Is it where you need to blind your opponents?

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
No, it's the one where you need to shut down 5 enemies or get 5 shut down assists.

It's a countdown event in the Dirt playlist.
Oh yeah that one was a massive pain. So the main strategy is to bump the enemy cars to shut them down and then bump again to get the shutdown takedown. It was really finicky to get them to register the shutdowns, want to say it took me 4 times to get. Best of luck!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the next update will bring changes to the kill Cam / 5 second respawn waiting time, which I'm very happy to hear. :)

https://twitter.com/DigiBitsGaming/status/1008414283477213188?s=19
If we can expect incremental updates/tweaks to game rules like these, I'm wondering/hoping they might go for a relaunch in a few months time to get a whole bunch more people on board. I'm sure matchmaking is putting me up with familiar names (who aren't friends) on consecutive days, which makes me think there aren't a massive amount of people playing.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

I think this was the first time I pulled this off. Insult to injury since they just lost the round.

You can also see where I accidentally probably shoved my teammate into the edge of that bridge. Sorry :(

Countdown is still probably my favorite mode, given how every round is super close by nature.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017

Another three hours wasted on this garbage. This is the only challenge I'm missing. Fuck this. I'm done.

Edit: Well...at least I'm not alone with this.
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/62044-some-snowbound-challenges-seem-impossible/

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Well I finished the single player campaign and completed all the challenges.

Really enjoyed the game, thanks for an awesome product Rushy

Now it will just be jumping into some quick play games every so often and see if any new modes or content comes out.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a weird sort of exciting hearing Dan and Jeff from GiantBomb being really engaged by this. In general, I love it when bigger personalities being into any racing games (similarly, I loved Drew's sim attachment), and since a lot of the fun for this is the community, it's gotta be a nice little bump for exposure.