• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Only a few races in, not tried MP yet but really enjoying this so far..

Couple of questions, anyone setup a club/discord or similar, not many on my XB friends list playing.

Also daily is a "Fake out" takedown, whats on gods earth is one, and how do I fail to complete it :P

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

Couple of questions, anyone setup a club/discord or similar, not many on my XB friends list playing.

Also daily is a "Fake out" takedown, whats on gods earth is one, and how do I fail to complete it :P

a "fakeout" is luring your enemy to drive into the wall or offtrack .-) when they follow you and you avoid an obstacle in the last moment and they crash, you should have cleared the daily

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
a "fakeout" is luring your enemy to drive into the wall or offtrack .-) when they follow you and you avoid an obstacle in the last moment and they crash, you should have cleared the daily

Aha! Got you that makes sense. I'm a touch aimless while I let the colours and sounds wash over me for now while I learn the different vehicles, so I doubt I can do it deliberately :)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just saw some gameplay and this looks fantastic, just don't have the money for it at the moment unfortunately.

Does it seem like this will still have a population in a few months?

NXGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Really getting the hang of it now, still having a ton of fun.

The only thing I'd like them to tweak / improve is the slow respawn timer. That 5 seconds feels like forever, dropping it to 3 seconds would make it better to get back in the action faster, without losing much momentum then.
Agree, I raised this is in my review and can be almost as long as the load time into a game if you include the unskippable kill-cam. It adds up when you have a crash and then are out of the game for 10+ seconds. As you say a 2 or 3 sec counter would be great. Still enjoying game and really hope to see it grow over time with the audience it deserves. We need more companies to try something new and fresh, this is one such example, Rome wasn't built in a day.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Just don't start playing the MP if you only have a few minutes....shit is addictive

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm caning and rinsing single player like my life depended on it :D

Just got to the first race with a Titan.. Good god! how much fun is the Titan?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Agree, I raised this is in my review and can be almost as long as the load time into a game if you include the unskippable kill-cam. It adds up when you have a crash and then are out of the game for 10+ seconds. As you say a 2 or 3 sec counter would be great. Still enjoying game and really hope to see it grow over time with the audience it deserves. We need more companies to try something new and fresh, this is one such example, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Yeah, great video by the way.

Hopefully they will make some tweaks soon but 2-3 seconds would do the trick. I hope they can balance out Lockdown Mode too because if someone gets in front they can easily capture the zone before you have chance to catch up. Had a few matches today and went 0 - 7 in the space of a few minutes because the zone kept spawning on the one guy way out in front.

I hear the new Sonic Racing game will have a focus on Team Play too, so that should be interesting to see how it compares to OnRush.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Lots of network issues on XB1 tonight and last night. Randomly booted from matches with no warning. Hope they can sort issues like this, a little worrying combined with what seems to be a fairly low population.

regarding infinite loading screen: just let it load...sometimes it fails to put you in a match then you must wait till the running match is over..they should patch in a message or countdown to make clearer that it just couldn´t put you in the game

edit: false quote

I waited for 5+ minutes sat on my phone. I was about to back out then suddenly all the vehicles plopped in, waited another 5 mins and nothing. Pretty sure it's a bug!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

hard to say at the moment, for me it is a go to game for an hour or more a day, even in months, the gameplay never gets old and it is the only game in such a style on PS4 .-) don´t know how the people also playing seeing this but if they can keep it fresh with new modes, tracks or how the ranked mode shaping up to be i could imagine it will last for months. This style of gameplay is timeless imo.

so, maybe not with a huge community like Rocket League but a "small but active" style community. frankly, it only needs 12 people to drive a race so even when only 100man will be playing, there should be no problem to find matches...it could also be that many people jump on the game when they think the price is right for them. it is hard to predict where this game will be in the future. i really hope it will last long, i will be playing till level 400 lol

OldGit_Gamer

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, UK.
:)

pa2YwCt.png

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Damn.

Hey can someone tell what I'm doing wrong while tricking on bikes? I press and hold X, do whatever happens, land...then nothing? I occasionally do a flip, but I mostly crash. Do I tap X and then do something, or hold X all the way down?

I feel like an infant on the bikes.

Now on a Titan....that's another story.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Had an incredible game of Lockdown, I was down 5 to 1 in the final game of the tournament and my team and I came back and locked the zone 5 straight to win 6-5!

This game is a blast when the tension is high.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I hope the utter lack of movement in this thread doesn't reflect a larger disinterest by gamers as a whole. Sincerely.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Can you tell whitch are the remaining targets in switch?
edit: uh, found the indicator above players

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe everyone's too busy playing. I know whenever I play it's always a big session.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
I'm now around 9 hours into the game with a mix of SP(+coop)/MP and now around lvl 41.
A few things get on my nerves now:

- I miss a replay function even more now that i did a double barrel roll smash takedown.
- It sucks that i can't pause/restart the game anytime I want. Yesterday I wanted to do a bike challenge in a switch round and could not restart the event until I watched the crashcam AND waited the 5 second timer.
- As others have said: Timers a little too long in general, 3 seconds would be fine.
- Party gets disbanded as the hosts quits the current coop event (or my coop partner and I did something wrong?).
- Item prices are a little to expensive, I know it's only ingame currency but skins for around 10000 is too much with the rate you earn currency/boxes

Maybe some of these things will be fixed in a few weeks.
Other than that I still love the game but I had to learn the hard way yesterday to never play this again when I need to get stuff done;)
Such an addictive game with so many random crazy moments - this game deserves a greater playerbase.
Maybe they should think about cross play once the PC version gets released to keep the playerbase as big as possible.
Also release a demo with the current code so people can see how the game changed since the beta (maybe even with MP?)

I still highly recommend the game if you love the genre, even more so if you can find it at a nice price.

Wow:) How long did you play already?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
So yea... anyone else have this as an Xbox One disc not digital? Cause... I have it as a disc and for the last day playing multiple times I do not need to have the disc in to play. I fired it up thinking the disc was in but it was not... tried multiple times and it works. Curious if its just me.. or just this game and works for everyone.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Yeah, during the beta the timer after getting wrecked really frustrated me for all the wrong reasons. It felt super arbitrary, like they're trying to emulate the most annoying part of a competitive Overwatch-esque FPS.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So yea... anyone else have this as an Xbox One disc not digital? Cause... I have it as a disc and for the last day playing multiple times I do not need to have the disc in to play. I fired it up thinking the disc was in but it was not... tried multiple times and it works. Curious if its just me.. or just this game and works for everyone.

I have, and I have not tried playing without... I shall do so once I've made a cuppa and report.

My 2, (3?) hours last night were purely in singleplayer and massively enjoyed myself. TheWorthyEdge

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I was interested in this game until I saw the price, I don't see why they didn't just make it estore based and halved the price of it, what makes the game worth as much as they're selling it for?

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was interested in this game until I saw the price, I don't see why they didn't just make it estore based and halved the price of it, what makes the game worth as much as they're selling it for?

The "campaign" (it's got unique tour intro cutscenes at least!) seems like it's going to last me about 10-12 hours, for one thing. Going for 100% would take much longer as some challenges can be tough to achieve. If you also look at it as the "Overwatch of racing games" like it wanted to be then I feel like there's more here than that game at launch.

The gameplay loop is definitely not for everybody, but I don't have a problem with the price.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

What makes other games worth it´s normal retail price? When someone can afford it and is interested in the game, they will buy it.

Take Ubisoft for example, these games are all on sale 3-4weeks after release. I would rather buy Onrush at launch to support the studio and a game that is a rarity nowadays than your typical Ubisoft "by the numbers" production.

Problem is, the masses prefer it to buy Ubisoft games at launch despite knowing that these games go fast on sale and then demanding games like Onrush to be sold for 20-30€. Don´t know whats up with that logic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I'd have been here Day 1 if it was half the price. The value proposition just isn't there for $80 when GOW was $65 and FC5 $50.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I'd have been here Day 1 if it was half the price. The value proposition just isn't there for $80 when GOW was $65 and FC5 $50.

we had the price discussion already in this thread, a few pages back...the value is very individual, for me FC5 is worth max 25€...

What a game is worth is highly subjective, for one person, a niche shoot em up from japan is 100€ worth because they don´t make these games anymore, for another person your standard AAA production is worth full price despite the fact that those games drop in price fast (GOW for example is 49,99€ on PSN at the moment) and for another person, no game is worth full price.

i value a game more which can be played nearly endless because the gameplay never gets old (Onrush) to a story driven game, which i play one time and than it goes in the shelf. But i am more of an oldschool arcade gamer that prefers gameplay instead of story driven games.

I think Onrush will-like every other game nowadays- get sales where you can buy it for less than now. Buying a game Day 1 at fullprice is the privilege to play this game at launch, nothing more, because all games go on sale sooner or later.

Maybe look around Ebay to find a cheap copy from someone who didn´t like it and sells it already. For example i sold Vampyr last night for 10€ less than the retail price because i will not play it again and gave someone the opportunity to get a near brand new game at a cheaper price than retail. Otherwise wait on a sale and jump in then.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There's nothing "missing" from the game to suggest it should be a lesser price H1PSTER , a solo campaign, a roster of vehicles and customisation, different game types and a multiplayer mode all of which are wrapped up and a fairly unique spin on the "racing" genre. It's also tears along at 60fps and has a decent soundtrack. There's also no monitisation outside the RRP.

One could argue it should be a lesser price to increase the community or given it's a somewhat unique spin on the genre and could do with the push into impulse buy territory, but in terms of "worth", it seems as worthy of a full price as any other in terms of content and production value.

Dphex & Prismatico agreed. Sure I'd have loved to pay less for it.. I'd have loved to have paid less for the House we live in, but there's nothing "wrong" with either that suggests it should have been less :)

Oct 27, 2017
Should have been £30, other games just offer much more value for the money currently.

It'll be £25-30 in a month, I'll wait.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

As an update, I just tried and this doesn't happen with me. I tried launching a few times as "resuming" without the disc and launching cold and each time got the "Do you own this" message.
I tried a few times as I recall a few days ago a topic where following a free weekend of something someone found they had access to the software after trying a few times. Still nothing though, possibly a beta thing? I didn't have chance to try the beta.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Should have been £30, other games just offer much more value for the money currently.

It'll be £25-30 in a month, I'll wait.

again: it is very individual when seen from a "value" standpoint...you can´t judge individual value with money, i know it is modern to see a game like "hours per money spent" ratio, but that is especially wrong with games like Onrush which can last you 100s of hours of fun if you like it.

Vampyr is what, like 10 bucks less than Onrush, lasts for 15-30 hours and many people won´t play it again, like me...was it "worth" the 50€ i spent? yes, because i thought it was a great game but no game i want to play again, therefore i sold it immediately after finishing because this game will also "lose value" in the coming weeks.

Or God of War, which i bought at launch fullprice, was it worth it? yes for me because it was a great cinematic story which i liked, but for replay value? No, because too little variation if you play it again. It is highly (!) subjective which value is attached to a game. I bought Xbox 360 shoot em ups for 80-100€, imported from Japan, for me the value is there, another person would see this as stupid because they don´t value the gameplay like i do.

and on another note: it is also about interest in games, remember Housemarque´s unique twin stick shooters? they were all around 20€, even at this price many people just didn´t bite because they weren´t interested which led to Housemarque´s (in some way ridiculous) claim: "Arcade is dead!". So, in the end maybe it would have been wiser for them to charge 60€ for their games, make money off early adopters and then lower the price, in this way they could have generated more revenue...

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
There's nothing "missing" from the game to suggest it should be a lesser price H1PSTER , a solo campaign, a roster of vehicles and customisation, different game types and a multiplayer mode all of which are wrapped up and a fairly unique spin on the "racing" genre. It's also tears along at 60fps and has a decent soundtrack. There's also no monitisation outside the RRP.

One could argue it should be a lesser price to increase the community or given it's a somewhat unique spin on the genre and could do with the push into impulse buy territory, but in terms of "worth", it seems as worthy of a full price as any other in terms of content and production value.

Dphex & Prismatico agreed. Sure I'd have loved to pay less for it.. I'd have loved to have paid less for the House we live in, but there's nothing "wrong" with either that suggests it should have been less :)

Agreed, the price is fine, especially the physical version. Digital is more expensive on every game, so not really an isolated issue with OnRush.

Like you say, it offers a Single Player campaign with loads of challenges, Multiplayer with 4 Game Modes, a nice soundtrack, loads of Customisation options with no paid for loot boxes or microtransactions, Resolution or 60fps Modes, a Photo Mode and most importantly the game is actually fun.

If that isn't worth the money, I don't know what is.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
In think the game is just too highly priced. I'm semi-interested but not at £45. Especially when Wipeout and GT Sport are on sale for < £15.

Well...Onrush just launched and the other two are really old so...

Yautja_Warrior People also complained about the launch price of Redout, a game that offered 35 tracks, 28 ships, active and passive ship upgrades, single player campaign with a hundred events, online multiplayer and several different event types in its base version. It was 40 dollars at launch.

Onrush Giant Bomb Quick Look with Dan and Abby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRzzglibUQ

Last edited:

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
we had the price discussion already in this thread, a few pages back...the value is very individual, for me FC5 is worth max 25€...

What a game is worth is highly subjective, for one person, a niche shoot em up from japan is 100€ worth because they don´t make these games anymore, for another person your standard AAA production is worth full price despite the fact that those games drop in price fast (GOW for example is 49,99€ on PSN at the moment) and for another person, no game is worth full price.

i value a game more which can be played nearly endless because the gameplay never gets old (Onrush) to a story driven game, which i play one time and than it goes in the shelf. But i am more of an oldschool arcade gamer that prefers gameplay instead of story driven games.

I think Onrush will-like every other game nowadays- get sales where you can buy it for less than now. Buying a game Day 1 at fullprice is the privilege to play this game at launch, nothing more, because all games go on sale sooner or later.

Maybe look around Ebay to find a cheap copy from someone who didn´t like it and sells it already. For example i sold Vampyr last night for 10€ less than the retail price because i will not play it again and gave someone the opportunity to get a near brand new game at a cheaper price than retail. Otherwise wait on a sale and jump in then.
Not going to buy it pre-owned; I love Codies/Evo and wish I could pay full price to support them, but my point more so was that every big game here has had great day 1 deals that turn them from wait-for-sale into insta-buys. Very few games launch without one retailer or another sizeably discounting, and I very rarely pay full RRP, Australia tax and all.

While my experience with the beta was largely positive, it wasn't enough. I'll be there as soon as it drops to ~$70. And I only work part-time, so I have to be choosy.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well...Onrush just launched and the other two are really old so...

Yautja_Warrior People also complained about the launch price of Redout, a game that offered 35 tracks, 28 ships, active and passive ship upgrades, single player campaign with a hundred events, online multiplayer and several different event types in its base version. It was 40 dollars at launch.

Onrush Giant Bomb Quick Look with Dan and Abby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRzzglibUQ

Yeah people just like to complain these days it seems.

Also do these people not shop around for deals? I got it for £37 on Day One, maybe they should do less complaining and more bargain hunting.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Not going to buy it pre-owned; I love Codies/Evo and wish I could pay full price to support them, but my point more so was that every big game here has had great day 1 deals that turn them from wait-for-sale into insta-buys. Very few games launch without one retailer or another sizeably discounting, and I very rarely pay full RRP, Australia tax and all.

While my experience with the beta was largely positive, it wasn't enough. I'll be there as soon as it drops to ~$70. And I only work part-time, so I have to be choosy.

yeah, got your point. it is understandable to be choosy, given the australian prices. 80 bucks, that is really expensive for any game.

regarding day 1 deals: i think the retail situation for this game is strange because others reported they didn´t see the game in stores so they had to buy digitally or order it.

Yeah people just like to complain these days it seems.

Also do these people not shop around for deals? I got it for £37 on Day One, maybe they should do less complaining and more bargain hunting.

here in germany there are a few copies on ebay for exactly 50€ which is 20€ less than retail at the moment. Depends on the country but yes, i think with looking around you can find it cheaper than retail.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
36 years here and yeah, after not liking the beta so much, i must say the full game is the most fun i had with a multiplayer game for a long time..done a classic 180 on this game. i played for 4 or 5hours straight yesterday evening and had so much fun...there were really close matches and everyone was throwing out some "GG" after the rounds. Seems that the people playing are all having a great time with the game.

There are matches so thrilling that i get completely "in the zone" with this game. This game keeps me really amped up for hours.
I would buy the shit out of some "music packs" for some new music mixes, i really like the crazy effect laden mixtape style of the soundtrack and i am already craving more of this goodness lol.

More music tracks as DLC? Now that would be great!!

The only 'problem' I have with the game is too addicting :D

Like you said... 'just one more round'

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Still looking for help doing tricks on motorcycles. When I hold X, my rider does the simple trick on the bike, but I feel like I should be doing something else, because flips are hard to pull off. I hold X...and then I don't see my Rush meter increase, even on the bike where that is supposed to happen.

Anyth8ng in between holding X and doing a dangerous flip?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Still looking for help doing tricks on motorcycles. When I hold X, my rider does the simple trick on the bike, but I feel like I should be doing something else, because flips are hard to pull off. I hold X...and then I don't see my Rush meter increase, even on the bike where that is supposed to happen.

Anyth8ng in between holding X and doing a dangerous flip?

hold x (square on PS4) longer till shortly before landing...that should increase your rush. Do flips only when jumping from higher points.