• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one stays?

• Fork

Votes: 130 43.6%
  • Spoon

Votes: 168 56.4%

• Total voters

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This thread was inspired by me watching my wife eat her entire dinner with just a spoon.

So let's set the scene: you wake up a malevolent genie, and you only get one wish: you can either only have forks or spoons for the rest of time. The one you don't choose disappears forever, and so do chopsticks--because it's the best of the three--and sporks (because fuck sporks). Knives can stay.

What's it going to be?

Personally, I'd choose forks. Soup becomes a pain in the ass, but forks work better or almost as well for everything else.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
tumblr_opng5tL7911ve01pfo1_500.gif

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Fork.

I don't eat soup that often so besides soup, I think I could manage to eat most everything else with a fork. And I guess I could still slurp soup directly from the bowl if I had to.

...I forgot about cereal and milk, but I think I could also manage with a fork and slurping from the bowl.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
People picking fork must not do a lot of cooking.

I can't imagine not being able to use spoons.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After trying to pathetically scoop yogurt with a fork because I was too lazy to wash my spoons, I feel like the spoon lifestyle is the way to go. I'll just tear through meat and vegetables with my hands.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Forks for sure. What I cannot do without a spoon, I'll just hold the plate or bowl up to my mouth and shovel it in.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
This thread was inspired by me watching my wife eat her entire dinner with just a spoon.

So let's set the scene: you wake up a malevolent genie, and you only get one wish: you can either only have forks or spoons for the rest of time. The one you don't choose disappears forever, and so do chopsticks--because it's the best of the three--and sporks (because fuck sporks). Knives can stay.

What's it going to be?

Personally, I'd choose forks. Soup becomes a pain in the ass, but forks work better or almost as well for everything else.
holy shit you're boring

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I can't think of many foods you can't eat with only a spoon. Pair that with a knife and you will be fine with anything.

Now a fork, there are many things you can't do with only a fork. Pretty much anything that isn't a solid becomes a hassle.

Oct 26, 2017
I can scoop up what I'd normally use a fork for with a spoon whereas I can't use a fork to, say, eat yogurt or cereal so I'd go with the spoon

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Spoon. I prefer my meat diced before cooking, and elbow pasta over longer noodles. Spoons work just fine in either case. Plus soup and cereal, both delicious.

Frankly I'd rather eat meat with my hands than slurp straight from the bowl.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can I pick up steak with my fingers? Yes.

Soup, cereal, yogurt with your hands?

It's spoon all day.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Spoon. Anything I'd use a fork for, I could just as well eat with chopsticks or my bare hands. But soups, stews, custards, porridge, et cetera? Would be obnoxious without a spoon.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Are we talking just one fork or just one spoon? What happens if I break the fork/spoon I'm given? Game over?

Or do I have unlimited access to one of them? As in I could break one, or three, every single day and it wouldn't matter? I'm going to assume it's the latter, since you placed no restrictions in your question, and therefore the only answer is fork. I can shape my many different forks into different shapes and functions by manipulating, or even removing, some or all of the tines. I can create makeshift spoons or chopsticks, or skewers, whatever.

Spoons can't do shit. In fact, the more I think about this, the more spoons can just fuck off. They're useless.

Forks win.

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
I think I could use chopsticks in place of a fork just fine, but there's no such replacement for a spoon. I'll be damned if I have to eat soup and cereal by picking up the bowl.

EDIT: Missed the "no chopsticks" in the OP. I still think a spoon is better, but RIP eating spaghetti.

Oct 27, 2017

What's it going to be?

Knife.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
If I use a grinder or hacksaw to turn a Spoon into a fork/spork, will it disappear?

Either way, I'd keep Spoons.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Must be a lot of spaghetti lovers because that's the only thing I can think of where you really need a fork over a spoon...

spoon for sure. soups, transferring food, cereal, desserts, rice/potatoes... then anything you use with a knife you can equally manage with a spoon to hold the food and then pick it up.

Pro tip anything you stab with a fork you can stab with a knife...

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Keep the spoons. Damn fool genie let me keep knives, which are basically single-pronged forks with an edge.