• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
I think Sony's marketing strategy with Dreams is that they want as few people as possible to know anything about it. lol

You're right about that when we're talking about the Early Access. They want people who have been closely following the game and people who are really interested in creating to have a better chance at getting a limited copy of the EA for Dreams. Once the full game gets a release date we will see the marketing ramp and MM will finally show the story mode. Plus, there will be a ton of user created content ready thanks to the AE. This my opinion anyways.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Drive-by Trolling
Good way to maximise the money they put into Spiderman through marketing before it goes to PC as well.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest takeaway to me is that Sony seems to view Days Gone on the level of their other marquee exclusives and is marketing it as such. (They've been doing so for awhile but this is blatant)

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great trailer but truly pathetic displays of petulance from certain posters.

The hostility in Sony related threads from some really is getting out of hand lately.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting how horizon is still on there.

I guess in lieu of making it a gaas, they can keep advertising and selling a quality game. A little old fashioned.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Fantastic trailer.

I can't wait to play all the PlayStation exclusives they didn't show in this trailer on my PC eventually :p

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent trailer. I didn't follow Sony much during the PS3 era but that changed big time this gen. The PS4 is such an amazing console.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I guess in lieu of making it a gaas, they can keep advertising and selling a quality game. A little old fashioned.

I don't think a video like this is even strictly about selling the specific games. It's more about selling PlayStation as a brand. "These are the types of games you can play exclusively on PS4" etc *gestures at six good looking games*

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

It's a easy way to build that hype for an Horizon 2 on PS5 too. HZD will possibility end up being Sony's 2nd most successful new I.P release at this point too, so it getting extra limelight isn't too surprising.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think a video like this is even strictly about selling the specific games. It's more about selling PlayStation as a brand. "These are the types of games you can play exclusively on PS4" etc *gestures at six good looking games*

Whether its selling copies of the game or selling ps4s, i think its telling that this publisher can put a 2 year old sp game in a spot like this.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Sony coming into Next-Gen like:

5a834b72ffc81725b61de646

While Nintendo and Microsoft on this corner like:

980x.gif

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post and hostility towards staff across multiple threads
Official Staff Communication
Let's cut out all the cross-talk about a Death Stranding PC release, please. This thread is about PS4 exclusives and, as of now, Death Stranding is a PS4 exclusive. Thank you.

What fake news nonsense is this?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Whether its selling copies of the game or selling ps4s, i think its telling that this publisher can put a 2 year old sp game in a spot like this.

Oh for sure. Horizon is still one of the shining stars of the library to show off Sony's exclusive stuff. I think being a new IP helps it along too, it's a hugely important part of the PS4 story, even over something like Uncharted in my opinion.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Oh for sure. Horizon is still one of the shining stars of the library to show off Sony's exclusive stuff. I think being a new IP helps it along too, it's a hugely important part of the PS4 story, even over something like Uncharted in my opinion.

Additionally, I think it has something to do with keeping Horizon in the limelight until GG announces Horizon 2 exclusively for the PS5, most likely early next year.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Great trailer but truly pathetic displays of petulance from certain posters.

The hostility in Sony related threads from some really is getting out of hand lately.

There's been so much hostility against Sony and Playstation in this forum lately, probably because Nintendo and Xbox fanboys have joined forces since the Cuphead and other collaboration rumors.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
There's been so much hostility against Sony and Playstation in this forum lately, probably because Nintendo and Xbox fanboys have joined forces since the Cuphead and other collaboration rumors.
Yeah, it's so sad and I personally feel REALLY sorry for Sony. Sony, please forgive these "gamers" for not seeing the light. I'm gonna go out and buy 2 PS4s now for you. Haha, who is laughing now fanboys!!!

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty crazy that all of those are 10+ million sellers (except the 2 new IPs yet to be released Days Gone and GOTsu, we will see about those)

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I convinced a buddy of mine to play HZD, two years after launch and he's like, why the hell didn't I play this game earlier?! We're in a bubble here on ERA and if you're a part of some subreddits, but there are plenty of people who would be interested to learn more about it. As others have said it is also about building the brand.

I guess Ratchet & Clank and Resistance aren't first party anymore.

Not sure why you'd say so? Resistance hasn't had an entry this gen but they could have advertised Ratchet. Before Spider-Man I think it was Insomniac's most successful game. The IP is owned by Sony:

p.png

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this victim complex, lol
also cuphead was announced last week, this behavior you're talking about has just been going on for a week?

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
Just count people suggesting DS might not be exclusive (different than port begging, mod?) and using the video as another hint vs people getting irritated at people talking about it and you'll get the fanboys demographics preeetty clear.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Just count people suggesting DS might not be exclusive (different than port begging, mod?) and using the video as another hint vs people getting irritated at people talking about it and you'll get the fanboys demographics preeetty clear.

People are irritated because another video shoots down the idea entirely, and ironically, some continue to ignore it. Regardless, can we just respect that a mod has asked people to stop talking about it and move on?

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
People, Death Stranding was already announced to release on PC.
Sure it was announced as coming to PS4 and later to PC, but that was before they had they deicded on the engine. Given that the game is running on the Decima Engine (Guerilla Games' engine), it would be very doubtful that the game comes to PC and it would also explain why in the latest trailer it says "Only On PlayStation".

And if you compare this one to the other official trailers before it, it is the only one with that tag and it is also the most recent trailer too.

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
If death stranding is exclusive it would be on trailer.

And stop with this nonsense of blood and truth, dreams theses games don't have the caliber of these aaa on trailer.
Uncharted 4 isn't on the trailer... oh nooooo. They're clearly limited to a number (3 released / 3 unreleased) make sense?

May I make a suggestion? You should stop building exceptions to suit this continued false narrative about PlayStation first-party games. The trailer says nothing about "AAA" games or what games need to qualify. Its choices that the PlayStation UK team selected because they felt like they were worth highlighting with exciting footage to promote the brand.

I'm also pretty sure PlayStation UK (Access) has produced videos highlighting exclusives in the past that ended up going to PC or other consoles.

Last edited:

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
Sure it was announced as coming to PS4 and later to PC, but that was before they had they deicded on the engine. Given that the game is running on the Decima Engine (Guerilla Games' engine), it would be very doubtful that the game comes to PC and it would also explain why in the latest trailer it says "Only On PlayStation".

And if you compare this one to the other official trailers before it, it is the only one with that tag and it is also the most recent trailer too.

Never forget how NieR:A was shown as being a PS4 exclusive at PSX after it had been announced as coming to PC as well. Since that PSX showing, they went radio silent on the PC version till like a week before it released. All that "exclusive" business is deliberately misleading as fuck cause they realized when the messaging is too clear people would just wait to get on their platform of choice.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
Never forget how NieR:A was shown as being a PS4 exclusive at PSX after it had been announced as coming to PC as well. Since that PSX showing, they went radio silent on the PC version till like a week before it released. All that "exclusive" business is deliberately misleading as fuck cause they realized when the messaging is too clear people would just wait to get on their platform of choice.

Nier isn't a Sony property. Big difference. It also never had a trailer calling it PS4 Exclusive AFAIK.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Great exclusives showcase! Sony killed it this generation with their first party games.

Also, people that think that Death Stranding (using a Sony owned game engine) will be coming to PC, are clearly delusional.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure it was announced as coming to PS4 and later to PC

Weird... I've been looking on Google and I can't find any announcement/confirmation of a PC version anywhere.

Um... That's maybe going a tad overboard as 'joining forces' implies some level of organisation when really it can just be that a lot of seperate posters see these threads as opportunities to grind an axe for whatever reasons. Doesn't take a conspiracy to make an asshole do what comes naturally.