• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
When Death Stranding was announced, I saw with my own eyes a Medium FAQ published by someone at PlayStation in which Death Stranding was mentioned as coming to PC later. The Medium post was erased quickly. That being said, right now it's officially a Sony published game and I would have expected to see it in such a trailer.

Dreams or Blood & Truth are not there obviously because, with all due respect, those games does not belong in the same AAA blockbuster category that is highlihted in this montage.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I saw a certain game not appearing in the trailer, I immediately knew what the thread was gonna be full of...

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful.

This generation has been too kind to us cinematic storytelling folks. Hopefully Sony continues to craft this amazing formula next gen with even more output. Videos like this are nice little reminder why PlayStation has, and will always be my home for gaming.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even when they mentioned PC it was never going to be at launch.
Yeah, probably true. I still believe it'll release on PC even with it using the Decima engine. I'm pretty sure Kojima said Guerrilla Games let him use it without needing to sign any type of contracts??? So if it's possible to translate it to a PC version I'm sure it'll come.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Well edited trailer. People give Horizon some respect!

Also no DS..hmmm... Does that mean its only time exclusive? Will not release at all this generation?

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
ev07p0crpq401.png

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
No Astrobot. Clearly Sony saw the response to its State of Play and decided to cancel PSVR. Or maybe Astrobot is coming to Occulus?

/s

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea how many people on ERA worked at Sony AND had inside knowledge of why Detroit and other Quantic Dreams games were put on PC.

The weird part is so many people with this knowledge have so many different reasons!

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
That was before it was using a Sony first party engine and Sony owned I.P. They haven't outright said it's not happening yet though, so there's a chance I guess.

Sony's first party engine that supports PC as a target. And yes, that was while they owned and unveiled the IP and the game as a "console exclusive".

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
You know, I'm surprised games journalists never ask Kojima pr any Sony guys what's up with Death Stranding pc release. They ask MS and Squenix about Tomb Rider about timed exclusivity and when its clear both Ms and Squenix are dodging the question or trying to frame it in certain way, people call them out on it.

Nobody ask Sony and Kojima about this at all.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
If detroit is coming out on pc just because Quantic Dream ask Sony for permission, than Kojima will definitely get Death Stranding on PC
Could definitely see this happening eventually, Sony have shown they'll allow it with a few different studio not and Kojima would definitely have the pull, but DS probably costs as much, if not more than all of QD's stuff combined, so it probably wouldn't be quick.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
There's a pretty simple explanation of why Death Stranding isn't here guys: The video shows just some of their previously released, critically acclaimed games that sold very well and Days Gone. They are trying to get you to associate Days Gone with their other best sellers. Death Stranding will probably get something like this when we know when it's actually coming out.

GamrzPeterz

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
pretty much the same as Spiderman, 0 difference.
i took off my blindfold years ago..., sony dont gonna trick me anymore.

the own insomniac games says in their twitter and other sites, SPIDERMAN PS4 WILL NEVER BE IN ANOTHER CONSOLE OR PC. So, the detroit case with quantic dream is a very specific case, thats why we are never going to see the order 1886, spiderman, bloodborne, etc.. in another console, or PC. those are exclusive permanent games, the same with death stranding.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Astro Bot? Death Stranding? Etc., etc.? There's just too many great exclusives to fit in a commercial. Great commercial otherwise but so many not in there.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
After sekiro...i cant wait for ghost of tsushima but i really hope they'll improve the combat because it looks pretty bad in the "gameplay" video

On a PC port

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let's cut out all the cross-talk about a Death Stranding PC release, please. This thread is about PS4 exclusives and, as of now, Death Stranding is a PS4 exclusive. Thank you.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
detroid was a second party game, but exclusive to playstation.

no, it's a first-party game by a third-party developer.

there's no such thing as a second-party game. people need to stop making that a thing. a game is either first-party or third-party. a studio is either a first-party or a third-party.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
the own insomniac games says in their twitter and other sites, SPIDERMAN PS4 WILL NEVER BE IN ANOTHER CONSOLE OR PC. So, the detroit case with quantic dream is a very specific case, thats why we are never going to see the order 1886, spiderman, bloodborne, etc.. in another console, or PC. those are exclusive permanent games, the same with death stranding.

Actually no, Detroit will be PS4 only as well because it's Sony published thus they own the IP. There is no difference.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
After sekiro...i cant wait for ghost of tsushima but i really hope they'll improve the combat because it looks pretty bad in the "gameplay" video

so you want the combat to be like another game when it clearly isn't? pretty bad? what it looks is different, not bad.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My guess regarding Detroit is that Quantic Dream negotiate the pc release to Sony. They used some of the investment money from Netease to acquire PC rights from Sony, Sony is okay with it since they got paid and have no plan for further exlusive games from QD.

So theoritically, if Kojima or Insomniac can raise the money, they probably could ask for PC release rights from Sony.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
If death stranding is exclusive it would be on trailer.

And stop with this nonsense of blood and truth, dreams theses games don't have the caliber of these aaa on trailer.

GamrzPeterz

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
guys I dont know with death stranding, but spiderman ps4 and others like bloodborne, the order 1886, etc.. ARE NOT GOINT TO BE IN PC OR ANOTHER CONSOLE.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
There's a pretty simple explanation of why Death Stranding isn't here guys: The video shows just some of their previously released, critically acclaimed games that sold very well and Days Gone. They are trying to get you to associate Days Gone with their other best sellers. Death Stranding will probably get something like this when we know when it's actually coming out.
It doesn't make sense, because there's no release date for Last of Us 2 or Ghost of Tsushima yet.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Sssh no logica just portbegging in this thread

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i guess they are focusing on new games only

Infamous, ratchet and clank, knack, bloodborn, kill zone, gravity rush ... etc are all old games.

but what Death Stranding? does this means Death Stranding is not exclusive?