• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
*68 (Thanks Era)
  • ARK: Survival Evolved - Explorer's Edition
  • ASTRONEER
  • Battletoads
  • Blair Witch
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Celeste
  • Children of Morta
  • Crackdown 3
  • CyberShadow
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Descenders
  • Disneyland Adventures
  • Donut County
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Gears 5
  • Gears of War 4
  • Grim Fandago Remastered
  • Grounded (Game Preview)
  • Guacamelee! 2
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Haven
  • HyperDot
  • Hypospace Outlaw
  • It Lurks Below
  • Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition
  • Knights and Bikes
  • Levelhead
  • Lonely Mountains: Downhill
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Monster Train
  • Moonlighter
  • Mørkredd
  • New Super Lucky's Tale
  • No Man's Sky
  • Observation
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
  • ReCore: Definitive Edition
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure
  • ScourgeBringer
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Spiritfarer
  • State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Tell Me Why
  • Tetris Effect: Connected
  • The Bard's Tale ARPG: Remastered and Resnarkled
  • The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut
  • The Long Dark
  • The Medium
  • Touhou Lunar Nights
  • Trailmakers
  • UnderMine
  • Unto the End
  • Wargroove
  • Wasteland Remastered
  • We Happy Few
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Pass Games Library | Xbox

Explore the Game Pass library and play hundreds of games.

As a Console & PC owner I have always loved Play Anywhere.

Being able to buy a game once or through my Game Pass Ulimate sub and play on any platform I choose (I wouldnt double dip) when I'm near it is great.
Being able to pick up where I left, continue my save and achivements is awesome, and it's even more interesting now I can also pick up through xcloud too.

But outside of MS 1st Party a few 3rd party experiments and the Indi studios that are keeping the new Play Anywhere releases coming it isn't really a topic that is pushed anymore.
I would love to see some futher focus on promoting and supporting this solution through Xbox.

How do you feel about it Era?

Last edited:

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Im cool with it. The games i want to be play anywhere are and the other ones i can do achievements twice so yay?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I wish more devs would do it but they still want to get the double dippers

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This surprises me. I honestly thought most if not all had all of those features. That seems quite messy to me in terms of usage. It makes the immediacy of it as a benefit feel a bit flat.
Hopefully Microsoft and come to arrangements with the owners of the games and make it happen eventually.
Looking at the list there are actually very few games on it that I'd want to play anyway so maybe the other ones are the ones lacking the features.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
To me this is a core requirement for MS to truly deliver on the Game Pass Ultimate promise, ubiquitous cross play on Xbox, PC, and streaming.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
This comes as no surprise, since a large chunk of those games are xbox 360 titles or BC Xbox games.

First parties will continue to be play anywhere.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
when i read "only" i percept it as a negative, but to me this is a HUGE number when you think they are cross sabe between pc and console.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's an amazing feature, I used it a decent amount for FFXV, switching between Series X and PC.

Like a Dragon supports it too, though it was announced so late on that I ended up buying it physically.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what does Game pass have to do with this?

are you like suggesting MSFT shoudl force developers/publishers to make the game play anywhere?

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Might be worth looking at what games support cross progression too. Like Destiny 2 isn't play anywhere but it doesn't matter since you can bring your character to PC, right?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I wish there were more. The dream is most games, specially 1st party exclusives to be play anywhere on pc, Xbox, cloud

After all, I can access my Netflix and my shows anywhere, on any device with a screen. And all my content is there. If GP is the Netflix of gaming, I would expect to access all my games anywhere, and continue playing where I left off

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
what does Game pass have to do with this?

are you like suggesting MSFT shoudl force developers/publishers to make the game play anywhere?
Well it's a subscription, think of all your other subs, do you watch Netflix only on your roku and Android? Or also on fire stick, tablet, Apple device, consoles etc.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wish more did but equally... surely a lot of games on Game Pass simply don't have a PC, a console version and a cloud version all on the service? How many is that?

Hopefully we see more and more support it as the services line up a bit more.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
so I get to go through Yakuza 0-6 TWICE to get the achievements on Xbox and PC

hopefully the rent in Kamurochō is cheap

May 25, 2019
London
What's frustrating to me is to see publishers try out Play Anywhere, but then not continue to support it. Resident Evil 7 was Play Anywhere on XBox, but I haven't seen any indication that Resident Evil Village will be.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
I wonder, if you are banned on Xbox for various reasons, does it carry over to the Windows version?

Though since w10 store is still problematic, having xbox as an alternative is mandatory.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is a little odd. . . Among others, Yakuza has separate entries for Windows and Xbox. . .

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I think Microsoft should recreate something along the lines of Xbox Play Anywhere but without the cross-buy part of it.

Now with Game Pass, it doesn't really matter if a game is cross buy or not. What we want is the cross-save/cross-achievements part of the Play Anywhere program. I think dropping the cross-buy part would convince a lot more devs to embrace it.

Also : why in the world Minecraft Dungeons still doesn't support this.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Play Anywhere (at least cross purchase) will likely only ever be a first party thing. It has also only been around a couple years, so only newish first party titles would have it.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cross save/progression is what I care mostly about, not cross buy, specially since on GP it don't matter if it's not cross buy

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I think Microsoft should recreate something along the lines of Xbox Play Anywhere but without the cross-buy part of it.

Now with Game Pass, it doesn't really matter if a game is cross buy or not. What we want is the cross-save/cross-achievements part of the Play Anywhere program. I think dropping the cross-buy part would convince a lot more devs to embrace it.

Also : why in the world Minecraft Dungeons still doesn't support this.
Devs can do that right now. Nothing stops them from doing that. It's not up to MS creating something, it's up to devs supporting it.
Minecraft Dungeons will forever piss me off not being XPA.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
That helped me getting 2k gamerscore on Surviving Mars lol. But yeah, it would suck if you played games on different platforms often. Hopefully they increase the amount later

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised its that high. Its always been an awesome feature of xbox, for months I switched daily between PC/Xbox on Forza Horizon 4 and it was all seamless, carrying my progress cleanly.

Less interested for now, with a Series X my PC is now basically slower than my console so I am just playing everything on console. There are also some games that are cross buy but not cross save, so it gets a bit confusing on what you can and cannot do. It is nice that gamerscore tends to be seperate, you can double dip if you really love a game.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Not a fan of how few are, and I wish they would push harder to get more games on the list. I learned the hard way when I wanted to switch over to my Xbox One X to keep playing The Outer Worlds when my wife needed to heavily use my PC for a bit for work, only to realize my save did not transfer over. Got annoyed by it again while playing Pathologic 2, though that time I had the foresight to check the list and not download the whole-ass game to get disappointed when I sat down in front of my TV to keep playing my save like I did with The Outer Worlds.

It's been great for the games it works with though; I played Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 on my PC, Xbox, and phone simultaneously and it was nice.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
How many of the 391 are even on GP PC? Play Anywhere is a secondary concern for me, while the most glaring issue with the PC platform is that its game selection pales in comparison to what is there on Xbox.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wish there were more. The dream is most games, specially 1st party exclusives to be play anywhere on pc, Xbox, cloud

After all, I can access my Netflix and my shows anywhere, on any device with a screen. And all my content is there. If GP is the Netflix of gaming, I would expect to access all my games anywhere, and continue playing where I left off

Not knocking the spirit of your comment but the vast majority of Netflix produced content is not purchasable, which is one of the pillars of buy once, "Play Anywhere" so your expectations may be misaligned.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I yearn for the future where every game is play anywhere. Its not coming anytime soon though.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
HypnoSpace Outlaw did not carry over save progression from Series X to PC for me.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I just want xbox live achievements on all pc gamepass games. Atleast the ones whose console version exists.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Is Play Anywhere only allowed if the title is Cross Buy?
That's what it seems like because the website says "Buy once, play anywhere, and all your progress/achievements carry with you".

It would be REALLY nice if they could just cut the cross-buy requirement given Game Pass already lets you have both essentially... I imagine many publishers don't want to sign up for Play Anywhere if they can double dip.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yakuza remastered isn't play anywhere? Like a Dragon being one was amazing. Sure, there's still a ways to go, but they are making good progress, also, again, holy shit, 300 games?

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing SuperHot on Xbox for the first time thinking it was a Play Anywhere title, played the GamePass version on PC, and shocked that it was a separate game with its only Acheviement list; It also performs terribly due to it being UWP (on my computer at least). When SuperHot became free on Epic Game Store, I compared the two versions and the Epic version works perfectly.

Now I'll always have two SuperHots on my achievement list with one incomplete :/

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Gowans the list is not complete. MS store labels aren't always accurate.

Cyber Shadow is play anywhere
Donut County apparently is but doesn't have cross save
Touhou Lunar Nights has cross save but I'm not sure it's Play Anywhere

There may be more, but I wish it was the majority.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this thread, list. Its something I was curious about.

There needs to be more, point blank. Also as a lite PC gamer that plans to start playing more on PC, I want there to be more games.

So far I've done it with State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3. Its nice to be able to pick right up where I left off, no hassles.