• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Master Chief Hand.
I've speculated from the beginning the last character will be a playable Master Hand to bookend the series.

I feel like Master Hand not only represents (obviously) the final boss of the original game, but in a way, Sakurai too. In the opening of Smash 64, you see the master hand playing with the toys, bringing them to life…

I think it would be a nice throwback, tho maybe disappointing to people wanting another licensed character.

Technically it was already playable in World of Light.

Going by the polls, it's probably Sora.

But if Disney/Square plays hard to get, maybe Waluigi, Geno or Crash.

The polls don't really mean anything as if both passes are anything to go by.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I know Sora's really popular but if you can get Disney to agree to let you put Sora in your game, don't you put Mickey Mouse in instead?

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
5d2.gif

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I'm fine with whoever they decide. It's already an incredible roster of characters, and while I'd love a Master Chief or a Doom Guy, I'm content with what we've got. I just hope it's something that makes Sakurai happy.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
The three characters I would LOVE that haven't been Mii costumes are Sora, Master Chief and Doomslayer. I'm not holding my breath for any of them, but I would probably be a little bummed if they didn't show up.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Either Master Chief or the Doom Slayer. Even though Master Chief would be ideal to "Finish the Fight". I'm not into collectibles that much, but it would be awesome to have a Master Chief amiibo.

Master-Chief-2-1392x884.jpg

Plum

May 31, 2018
Because it's not called Ultimate in Japan.

It's called "Special" instead. So not exactly a confirmation that Sakurai believes this to be a "regular, non-special version of Smash Bros." as you're implying.

Before June 2019 when FP2 was greenlit, Byleth would've been the final character. They don't care about ending with a bang.

I literally gave you an example of them ending with a bang. One that is definitely more definitive than Fighter's Pass 1.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'd say Sora but it really needs to be a woman. Rabbid Peach is an incredible shout but I'd personally like Tomb Raider.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Jill Valentine won't happen as she was added as a spirit after release. The same applies to all the concerned series/IP, and I'm not talking about stuff that was present in the base game like Min Min's spirit. That should reduce the possibilities a bit.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I think Master Chief would be the biggest thing they could end it with third-party wise, and I'm struggling to think of a first party character that they would add in that would warrant a spot to end the lineup with

But the "last thing" for Smash Ultimate has been really underwhelming the last two times (Byleth for the first fighters pass and Incineroar/Ken as the last two base game characters), I really don't know if they care about whether the last character is going to be internet breaking. I think Ultimate is going to end with a whimper (and it'll be fine because Jesus Christ at the character list, me and my friends actually felt the character select was a little overwhelming after I downloaded the second fighters pass. There's enough characters lmao)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I feel the last one is a Sakurai pick and it's going to be something big to him personally if anything

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I'll throw everything to the wind.

1. Promote Let's Go Eevee to playable Pokémon status, with all elemental moves in its moveset.

2. Kubfu or one of its evolutions.

3. Okami's Amaterasu.

4. A Yakuza character, either Kiryu or Kasuga.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Either Waluigi or a new Pokemon. I think it would be a mistake to not have the last character be first party.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
I already got my dream pick with Ridley, but I still hope its something special. I wouldnt mind Master Chief or the Doom Marine, but I also like the idea of a playable Master Hand.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Demi-Fiend or Nahobino

There were no Jack Frost or other SMT references with Joker.

There's been no SMT spirit event, not even with Nocturne HD.

There's been no SMT Mii costumes.

SMT has such a long history with Nintendo, to the point where every mainline game except for NINE and Nocturne were originally released on Nintendo platforms, and Nocturne has now been released on Switch.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
All the characters I would legitimately want are already in via assist trophies or Mii costumes.

Except for Rayman I guess, but Ubisoft doesn't really care about that franchise anymore.

Edit: Oh! And I still want Wonder Red or any of the Wonderful 101 crew but that ship's long since sailed I think.

Edit 2: Okay and Viewtiful Joe too, on that note, but see the Ubisoft comment and swap in Capcom instead.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I just want a fun quirky Nintendo pick. I'm kinda done with guests for now. Let Sakurai use his wild energy and tap into a weirdo pick from Nintendo's past.

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
Not bothered who it is as the last one I got was bayonetta. I do hope they have a great reveal though for all the fans and that it can have its swan song because the support for the game has been amazing.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lay all your hopes and dreams upon the alter of sacrifice

Cinderace will use them as kindling

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't matter who it will be, people will be dissapointed lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
Did you say Bayonetta or Incineroar?

Bayonetta, the last DLC fighter in Smash Bros. 4.

If they can save a character as big as them (i.e. a character that won a months-long fighter's ballot) for the last DLC fighter of that game (i.e. a game without a defined 'Season Pass' like Ultimate), then there's no reason to believe that they're 100% going to feature some rando for the ending to this game's DLC run.

jankuza

Jan 13, 2021
Sakurai himself. He is the strongest Character ever but you have to use two Pro controller to play with him.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The polls don't really mean anything as if both passes are anything to go by.
Image from the other thread:
E4-hDQmUYAMBM79

Nintendo actively tried to add everyone from this popularity poll, some of them as playable characters, others as costumes.
I would be very surprised if Sora or Crash didn't appear in some way.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want a fun quirky Nintendo pick. I'm kinda done with guests for now. Let Sakurai use his wild energy and tap into a weirdo pick from Nintendo's past.
Nah. This is the ultimate Smash game. It should be one of the biggest game characters to end with. This is Sakurai's legacy. Any Nintendo character can wait until the next game

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I think Master Chief would be the biggest thing they could end it with third-party wise, and I'm struggling to think of a first party character that they would add in that would warrant a spot to end the lineup with

But the "last thing" for Smash Ultimate has been really underwhelming the last two times (Byleth for the first fighters pass and Incineroar/Ken as the last two base game characters), I really don't know if they care about whether the last character is going to be internet breaking. I think Ultimate is going to end with a whimper (and it'll be fine because Jesus Christ at the character list, me and my friends actually felt the character select was a little overwhelming after I downloaded the second fighters pass. There's enough characters lmao)
I prefer thinking that Piranha Plant is the actual last character of the base roster. It's different from all of the other DLC since it doesn't have a cinematic trailer, came basically for free, and has a proper Palutena's Guidance.