• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Boxart

D7JCxvfWsAAwNHP.jpg

Day 1 physical, that boxart is too good.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it gets a physical release in the west, even if it's just the Square Enix Store.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I actually really like the look of combat in that, and I'm not sure why. Like, it seems relatively slow-ish, but everything feels like it connects nicely anyway, and there's a decent variety of moves, which I wasn't expecting.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That actually looks really cool. I have a strong feeling this will be digital-only in NA though. :(

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Again, the Character Art and Designs are really amazing. Funny how it's the same artist who made the Xenoblade 2 Blade Hotaru/Floren:

https://twitter.com/taiki99

Any Western release date yet? Nintendo still calls it Summer 2019

Also is it only the Japanese voice? I still haven't heard any English dubs at all in any trailer. I'm fine if that's the case.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Man this is looking way better than I thought it would.

SIGH

Another game to add on my never ending list for 2019

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Fighting is the least important thing to me when it comes to RPGs, I'm more about story and character development, so this particular trailer did nothing for me. That said, the game is on my radar.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE be good! This looks like foster child of Diablo and El Shaddai and gameplay ,s pretty mouth watering. But I don't trust Tokyo RPG factory, Lost SPhear was pretty sub standard RPG.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely try out a demo if one got released since it's a bit tough for me to tell how I'll feel about the combat system from the footage alone. I like the gameplay concepts, but I'm wondering how it'll actually feel to play.

Box art is really nice, though.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
PLEASE be good! This looks like foster child of Diablo and El Shaddai and gameplay ,s pretty mouth watering. But I don't trust Tokyo RPG factory, Lost SPhear was pretty sub standard RPG.

This looks substantially better than IAS or LS already, but yeah I really want this game to be good also. It's their make it or break it moment. I don't even need an excellent game, just one that's INTERESTING or compelling in some way which IAS just kinda wasn't.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Looks rather good! The sound design seems to fit right in with the fighting, makes it feel rather substantial. Hoping for a physical release in Europe...

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the team finally found their footing after how mediocre I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear were. Hopefully this one lives up to the hype.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, just noticed that the rating is Cero-B?

I remember in an interview here one of the writers was apparently (I guess jokingly) worried about getting a Cero-Z rating.
Hashimoto: When we sat down with the scenario writer Inaba (Hirotaka Inaba), the two of us were always saying, "Can we make this a little harsher?" and there were times he would be surprised and say: "Are you sure it's OK to push it that far?"

Sasaki: He told us that he was worried that the game might get a CERO Z rating (18 and over).
Not even close it seems (neither a C or especially a D)

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I like the combat having more weight but it felt like they might have overdone the hit stop. Even simple stabbing has notable pauses after each hit.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
seems pretty cool. that big monster looks awesome although when you see him in 10 different environments you start to wonder if there will be too much copy paste.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that looks fun. Wasn't sure of the slow-paced combat from earlier trailers but I like it here.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks promising. I'll keep my eyes on it.

seems pretty cool. that big monster looks awesome although when you see him in 10 different environments you start to wonder if there will be too much copy paste.
Exactly.

The smaller enemies are varied enough, but that one big monster stands out too much as it shows up several times in this single trailer.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I don't care for the chibi 3D characters, but otherwise I hope the game is good. What engine is it on?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
This is on my "cautiously optimistic" list for right now, the variety and specialties of the different weapon types is promising and we already saw in the reveal that each weapon/daemon has its own upgrade trees, so each fighting style should become even more developed over time.

Since this was first shown in a Nintendo Direct, I'm hoping we get a segment or two during Treehouse Live at E3 this year that shows this off in longer form.

Hint

Apr 9, 2018
I'll probably grab this day one if I'm not playing much else at the time. I know I am in the outlier, but I really enjoyed I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear. It's nice to have a simpler, less complicated JRPG from time to time and both of these kept me entertained from beginning to end, plus all of the side quests.

I know these seems to have more mechanics than those previous two, but I've been following them so far, might as well keep it going.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched the trailer -- looks good! It's nice to see the growth/improvement in their work since they first started. I liked Setsuna, but bounced off of Sphear pretty early. Looking forward to playing this. I would love for this dev to keep on getting better and eventually becoming a prolific creator of high quality, smaller JRPGs. The world definitely needs more of those. :) They/S-E just gotta get their pricing in check a bit.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Wasn't the game announced with a Summer release window in the US stream of the previous Nintendo Direct ?

I think that it was and maybe they're waiting until the E3 Nintendo Direct or Square Enix's showcase to announce the NA release date but if not, im hoping early 2020 only because late August is already packed for me.

Oct 30, 2017
I love this team and this is day 1 for me very easily m.

Hopefully Physical release for the west as Lost Sphear had, still disappointed that I Am Setsuna didn't get Physical release for the west :"-(

That box art looks absolutely beautiful.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking how this is looking and loving that box art. Definitely interested in this.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, I am watching this trailer and at moments I can't quite figure out if it's editing that's slowing the game down, or it isn't performing so hot. And no, moments I am talking about aren't related to overly zealous hitstop when striking enemies.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Game looks really fun: gameplay is looking good, and the story has quite an interesting premise. Lots of potential in this title! I'm also glad they seemingly upped the budget because I really liked I am Setsuna but it suffered from some clear budget issues (like a limited art scope). Could be the true realisation of Tokyo RPG Factory's promise of JRPG greatness of old!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This look SO much better than their previous titles - really hope it delivers.
Lets hope they are smart and release a demo prior to its release.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Each new trailer makes the game look better.
Tokita really raised the TRPGF's potential ? He seemed to be involved a bit in the story structure so if that and gameplay are good...
It just feels so much better than their previous entries.

I think I'll get the japanese(or asian ?) release in August.