• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I'd never heard of this game before, but it looks insanely good! I love MMBN and Roguelikes, so this is right up my alley.

Looks like it comes out on March 26 for PC (steam/humble) and Switch.

Here's a link to a demo of the game (although I think it's a bit outdated at this point)

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy cow, I need that. And it has Co-op and PvP, too? Man that's a double sign me up.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was just asking where the indie MMBN games were.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Holy shit, I was assuming while watching that we'd be waiting til the fall or winter or something. Next month! That's fucking awesome. MMBN series is one of my all-time favorites, so this is a day zero purchase.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hadn't really thought about it until now, but a MMBN-style roguelike makes a ton of sense.

At their core they're deck building games, and we all know people love roguelike deckbuilders.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Nothing against roguelikes, but I really want a MMBN-style RPG :(

Or a remaster collection.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the tasteful design for the women, but it's a bummer the cast isn't diverse in any way. Maybe I am spoiled, but I have come to expect a healthy degree of representation from indie games, and this doesn't cut it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oooo I'm interested, may just have to grab it on my switch, do we have a price yet?

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
giphy-downsized.gif

game looks beautiful hot damn.

I remember loving battle network 3 and beat countless times with multiple saves cause it kept corrupting lol.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just like Bug Fables another game where I haven't played the inspiration. lol
Hope that BN collection happens but this looks interesting in the meantime.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The Kickstarter demo was fun so I'm looking forward to seeing how they expended the gameplay

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
As someone who spent a fair bit of my teenage years playing Battle Network PvP with my friends, even if this were just an online multiplayer mode, I'd probably pick it up. Looks incredibly promising.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
This is the most recent game I backed, after mostly swearing off of backing games on KS after a few too many misses, but seeing MMBN inspired I couldn't not jump in. I'm impressed this is coming out so soon, very excited.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this before and I'll likely still get this even though I'm not too hot on it despite being a huge Battle Network fan. The artstyle doesn't do much for me and Rougelikes aren't my cup of tea either but I'm happy that the battle-system finally gets its recognition and time to shine it deserves. And it seems the devs really nailed that part! :D

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Ya I'll have to buy this. Makes wanna go back and play this mega man series. Only played the 1st one and never finished it

Oct 27, 2017
Spent a fair bit of time with this already and it's an obvious day 1 purchase. Shame about the disappearance of the original artist though.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017

Has anybody here tried the new demo?

I tried the old demo on Steam tonight and have some thoughts:

Pros
+ It's MMBN's combat! And that kicks ass! It feels good to play and looks flashy.
+ It's basically Slay the Spire everywhere else. When I say basically, I mean it *is* Slay the Spire. It has it all: a looping deck, cards that add 0-cost cards (shivs) to your deck, keywords (exhaust, etc), relics, removing cards to streamline your deck, everything. I think it's a smart replacement of MMBN's discrete turns and opens up a lot of possibilities that aren't possible with turns.
+ The branching structure is also pure Slay the Spire. I don't mean this as a bad thing, because StS is the best deckbuilding roguelike on the market, and has inspired a cottage industry of similar games.

- The pace of the game is too fast for me, personally. I get that it's going for a frantic bullet hell style of play, but with you juggling a looping deck rather than a handful of chips each turn like in MMBN, it's too much for me to keep track of while avoiding the many, many projectiles and obstacles on your side of the board. Again, this is just my opinion.
- The "buster" equivalent is fully automatic, which I'm not a fan of. You can use your spells while holding down the buster button, and so unless I'm missing something (very possible, given I spent 20 mins with an outdated demo), there's no reason not to keep it held at all times. As it stands, it just adds even more particle effects and visual noise to the battlefield. I would've liked to see a slow buster that gets upgraded to be more useful as in MMBN. I'm like 99% sure the game has some spells or artifacts to buff the buster, but when it's full auto to begin with and you can hold it down, I'm not sure if there's going to be any meaningful tactical decisions to be made with regards to its use.
- The buster is also bound to X by default (on an Xbox controller), while spells 1 and 2 are bound to A and B, respectively. I think it makes much more sense for buster to be on A while the spells are on X and B so you can buster/spell with your thumb easily, and X/B makes sense in a left/right alignment sense more than A/B.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
This comes out tomorrow. Seemingly not much buzz about it, but Doom and AC have sucked up the buzz from just about everything. Did anybody try the latest demo from Humble Trove? I tried the old demo available on Steam and posted about it a few posts above.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
This comes out tomorrow. Seemingly not much buzz about it, but Doom and AC have sucked up the buzz from just about everything. Did anybody try the latest demo from Humble Trove? I tried the old demo available on Steam and posted about it a few posts above.
Wow! This snuck up on me. Will check it out.

Noel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Ready to buy it the second it comes out. I loved the demo, though it definitely destroyed me at parts.