• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got to see the leaked OP the other day and it's kinda "eh". A lot of still shots, very little animation, weird font choices, but there are some clever cuts, the last leg has some pretty neat animations and the Jam Project track makes it enjoyable. The track is so good it begs for some Madhouse-tier animation like in S1's legendary opening, especially after Bones put out what's easily contender for best OP of the season with Mob Psycho II, but it is what it is.

I suspect the show will still be decent, there's still a lot of good gags that can be unearthed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jAnAzJe.jpg

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I loved OPM Season 1 so much, I'm just so afraid for this new season. Hopefully JC Staff does the source material some justice at least.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh it's up on Hulu awesome.
Can't wait to watch with my gf later today.
Edit: Nope it just says upcoming I thought it was working.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Since I do not care THAT much about its looks, I'm just looking forward to watching Season 2 as soon as it gets on Netflix or any other decent Streaming Service.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
In regards to the op and minor plot spoilers
Least we get to see Saitama with a wig and that confirms the tournament will be adapted
But yeah that was pretty rough.

I'm really curious where this season will end with the manga being ongoing (not sure if this arc's ended yet)

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
Where's that "i expected nothing and i'm still disappointed" gif when you need it? Still gonna watch it, but the OP sure is something.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Going by the OP I think it's gonna end with
Saitama killing an ugly as hell CGI Elder Centipede
My only hope is that Season 3 gets passed off to Bones so that they can do it justice. It's a fucking crime that all of the great fights in this season are gonna get shit all over by JC Staff's incompetence.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE ON NETFLIX?

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/will-one-punch-man-season-2-be-coming-to-netflix/

"We're certain that Season 2 of One Punch Man will arrive on Netflix eventually. The Only issue is the infrequency in which anime seasons arrive on the streaming service, making it harder to speculate. Netflix is still a long way off from receiving the second season of One Punch Man. After the release of One Punch Man Season 1, Netflix didn't receive the title for over 2 years, therefore, we believe the same may happen again for Season 2. "

FFFFFFFFFFFF.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the OP I think it's gonna end with
Saitama killing an ugly as hell CGI Elder Centipede
My only hope is that Season 3 gets passed off to Bones so that they can do it justice. It's a fucking crime that all of the great fights in this season are gonna get shit all over by JC Staff's incompetence.
The elder centipede fights will certainly be something....those fights even wore Murata out.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Saw stream of the episode without subs, the animation actually pretty good, they fixed a lot of the things that were wrong in the PV, it's no season 1 but I definitely wouldn't say it's bad ether

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was even worse than I expected. Not only it's ugly and a big downgrade compared to the first season, but it doesn't even have an awesome OP like all One's animes had so far.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The animation was okay, but still a large step down from the 1st season. I dread how they're going to handle some of the later fights this season.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder that production issues will only ramp up for this show as the season goes on, so it's likely all downhill from here given what we know of the production schedule

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You know what? I thought that was pretty okay. Yeah, there were a lot of still frames and panning shots, but the animation was better than I expected and I enjoyed the episode for what it was.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Well it's on Crunchyroll in the U.K. so that's good, the poster art they're using however is not...

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be missing the pop/energy of the first season
Im not terribly interested in the story so ill probably give this season a miss

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
First episode pretty much looked like I expected after the trailer last month.

It's nice to see Saitama and Genos again, but I hope the production doesn't completely melt halfway through the season.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
it was okay , but it is likely to detroriate as the season continues, why did the anime gawds madhouse abandon us :(

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Love that this is on Hulu... and that I now get Hulu for free because of Spotify Premium. Such a great collab.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Was totally fine and actually pretty decent, the trailer lied and I'm way less worried than I was. Animation is absolutely nowhere near as bad as people are/were making it out to be, in fact I would say some areas are an improvement over S1. With that said the tone overall is less light, the comedy has been dialled back a bit. Less funny, but still fun. It won't please everyone.

(Mob Psycho is better anyway)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not great, man. It's a shame it had to happen to One Punch Man, but whatcha gonna do. The shading is honestly kinda bad and in general the episode had a really flat look to it. But it's not terrible I guess. I hope the story carries it.

Nah, this season, unlike Berserk, is watchable at least.

Last edited: