• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
I too recently watched this for the first time as I'm a relative newcomer to anime and really enjoyed it. Maybe some of the best humor weaved into a superhero thing I've seen in a while.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I thought I wouldn't like it because having a too strong MC that one shot everything seemed boring. But yea after the first season I was pretty hyped about it.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I loved it too, though my one gripe is the lack of (and crappiness of) the female characters. There's really only one that gets any real screentime and she's the annoying super-powered 'grown woman in kids body' variety.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to check it out, I keep hearing great things.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finished Season 1 the other day.

Loved it, and I think my take on it is actually that Saitama isn't the "main" character. He's a force of nature, while it's the supporting cast that go about their lives until Saitama comes in and wrecks monsters and cities, and then they struggle to react properly. It's like an absurd world where superheroes and monsters are normal and expected, but Saitama is the Godzilla of their world that you never know will be unleashed.

Either way, great animation and direction in Season 1. I HOPE Season 2 is even half as good, despite the creative shake-up.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
it's great. i love the exploration of what it would be like to be the character who over-levels & breaks the game.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I like OPM more than Mob Psycho.
OPM is great, it's definitely another anime like Bebop that is good at introducing people to anime... for very different reasons.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Season 2 will probably be a massive step down from Season 1 since a different studio is making it.

Definitely go watch Mob Psycho 100 now. It's fantastic all the way through.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a shame that the next couple of arcs of one punch man, at least in manga form, are such a God damn drag. The premise worked best imho when an arc at most would take a few episodes. The next couple of arcs are going to be multiple episode if not multiple season spanning

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great show. My biggest complaint about it was it felt like it was spinning its wheels too much. Outside of the good humor and amazing animation there wasn't much to watch the show for. None of the characters were too interesting or changed much at all and Saitama is a pretty boring protagonist to me, as nothing with him felt like it had any stakes.

I know the whole point is he was supposed to be overpowered, but there are ways those situations could've been handled so as to still be nerve racking even with a crazy OP protagonist. You sort of see the show touch on it a bit with the Sea King arc but definetly not enough outside of it.

If the show didn't have animation as good as it did, it wouldn't have been nearly as good, which makes me a bit worried for S2.

Still, really good show definitely one of the better anime series I've seen in the past few years.

And yeah to reiterate what everyone else has said, if you get a chance (not likely if you only have Netflix unfortunately) definitely watch Mob Psycho. By the same author and every bit as good. ONE evolved a lot as a writer between the two series and it shows.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope Season 2 can keep the animation quality up.

35497.gif

fvm9asarbhfwssqinoou.gif

This is what I wanted for a Berserk adaptation...
5f4.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Mob Psycho is good as well but I don't know if I'd say it's better than OPM. Both great series and worth a watch.

Kinda depends on what you want out of a show.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho is sadly not on Netflix or Prime where I live :( But definetly interested in this, hope it comes soon.
Mob Psycho can be watched for free on Crunchyroll with the exception of the absolute most recent episode. There are ads but still. Plus tons of people here have free 48 hour passes that the site gives that tend to just sit around doing nothing (I unfortunately don't have any unexpired ones since I now subscribe through the VRV combo pack)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho is good as well but I don't know if I'd say it's better than OPM. Both great series and worth a watch.

Kinda depends on what you want out of a show.
I mean this is true, but I'd definitely argue Mob has way more heart than One Punch Man and tells a much better narrative, while still doing exceptional at things OPM might be a bit better at

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm reading the manga now and have torn through the first five volumes. It's fantastic and as enjoyable as the show itself.

One Punch Man is the show that got me back into anime. JoJo is continuing the journey.

There still aren't a lot of anime that I actually enjoy. OPM may be the best of them all. Top 3 for sure.