• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

As many had already guessed, Saitama basically comes in at the end to finish the job, and doing combos and attacks will make him show up faster. I hope this is only on story and there's a more complicated way to summon him in multiplayer because this could be quite annoying.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That is a genius way to deal with Saitama. Just love the way he rolls in and rocks the enemy.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a separate mode or something? I like how it's implemented, but is it going to be the case for all the other S Class heroes?

It looks as passable as an anime arena fighter can get. I kinda want it due to being rather attached to the characters involved, which I suppose is the big trap with games like this. Same with the MHA game.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
That's honestly a pretty neat way to handle Saitama for this kind of game.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much the reason why I can't think of a good idea to make a game about OPM, it's too hard to do anything with Saitama because he's just so overpowered

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Neat! It could allow them to make enemies feel appropriately powerful while letting you handicap yourself in interesting ways depending on which character you choose. If that is the case it's similar to those battles in action games where you are supposed to lose but the game still allows you to play well. And that is often fun!

I like the idea.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I thought one way they would have implemented Saitama in the game was by replacing his health bar with a Boredom bar. After he takes the equivalent damage of losing a fight, he just leaves out of boredom.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
A survival beat 'em up.

Props where it's deserved, that's a great way to make Saitama work.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
oh wow they found a way to make Saitama work but man i have to wonder what Saitama mirrors would be like

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
That's pretty funny. I love the little picture in picture of him running to the battle location.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Just like most basic ass anime games im willing to give it a chance(when its on sale on psn nextvyear) if they put my fave char in, my hero ones justice failed to put Mina in but maybe metal bat will actually has a chance

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I thought one way they would have implemented Saitama in the game was by replacing his health bar with a Boredom bar. After he takes the equivalent damage of losing a fight, he just leaves out of boredom.

That wouldn't make much sense, the reason Saitama's that jaded and bored all the time is because his opponents can't put up a fight. An opponent that actually hits back would only get him more invested in the fight (like Boros, the alien leader).

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Beta footage for this, Saitama in vs seems to be broken because you can take a fast character like Speed O Sound Sonic and and dodge your opponent until Saitama's timer runs out. If this was a standard fighting game on a 2D plane that'd be a lot harder to do, but because it's an area fighter you can do it for quite a while.