• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm sure no one asked for this. And for a Saitama game to be true to the lore, it'd mostly be a bore. So, unexpected and utterly unnecessary imo. Doesn't even look well.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Absolutely terrible just like the last jump cross over game. NB gets to pump out these awful games and make sales on the name recognition alone.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People's problems with 3D Arena fighters (not 3D fighters like Tekken, Virtual Fighter, and Soul Calibur) is that they're all flash and no combat depth. Like, they look nice, but the combat is usually mash square, then do a flashy super attack, then mash square some more.

Sometimes a developer can make a 3D arena fighter with some actual depth (Anarchy Reigns) or with so much flash and content that the depth doesn't matter (Ultimate Ninja Storm and Budokai Tekaichi).

Their recent output of 3D arena fighers have been neither (One's Justice, Jump Force). I'll give credit to that Black Clover game in that it's more of a Overwatch kind of game (hero shooter), which is kinda unique for the anime genre.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
They really like using those same systems for every anime game don't they?
Just not the biggest fan of the arena fighters.

Last edited:

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I love the idea of an apathy meter. Basically you need to keep the hits coming or Saitama loses "health". If you get "hit" (Saitama just dodges) his meter goes down faster.

At Zero, he yawns and falls down depressed

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This could have been something creative that plays on OPM's subversive nature but nooooooo
I hope that there's no equalizing gimmick for Saitama at all, and he's just an intentionally overpowered character, who's basically impossible to lose with, or to overcome.

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
saitama's reaction to the characters doing combos on him in this trailer is excellent, but i'm genuinely curious as to how he'll work mechanically. everyone else is fine, it doesn't matter that mumen rider is a normal person, that's typical fighting game stuff. but Saitama is literally (read: figuratively) god.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at Saitama having zero reaction to getting hit. Shame it's a arena fighter, no interest in them really.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
If it were up to me, I'd have a character action game where you can create your own hero and give him a customized build as you battle through all the weird ass enemies like the show. Level to level like DMC. Satimas role would be an assist character that you can call upon that clears the screen and does huge damage to bosses. If you use Satima for a boss, you will get penalized and won't move up a rank.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
This would never happen, but if they made it were Saitama literally could destroy every character in one punch, no exception, I'd find that funny as hell.

I'd actually find some respect in that, intentionally making the most broken character in a fighting game (And being true to the source material). Would make for an absolutely boring, broken game, but still funny.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Don't change Namco Bandai, continue to do your crap.

At least I don't need to hope to see good from you.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a One Punch Man game should have you play as a monster you can design as you see fit and the entire point of the game is just to see how long you can survive against the Heroes. Maybe you can beat the lesser ones but Saitama shows up and then its just trying to see how long you can last and devising better strategies to survive a little longer.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I have Granblue and DBFighterZ so nah.

Call me if they get Trigun/Outlaw Star/Yuyu Hakusho up in here though.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Saitama Move Set

X (Tap) : Normal Punch
X (Tap Repeatedly) : Consecutive Normal Punches
X (Hold and Release) : Serious Punch
Square and Circle (Quickly Alternate Between Them) : Sidehopping

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
I was extremely excited by the title, then saw that Burning Blood gameplay and all hype deflated. Like Dragonball and OP it looks like we are getting more kusoge

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my idea of a OPM game:

Xcom but with the hero organisation. You have to manage monster alerts around the country and respond appropriately according to the threat level with heros. You manage hero organisation facilities like training, recruiting, promoting heroes to higher grade etc. Some heroes could even go rogue

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
How the fuck do these games continue to sell?! Or are they just made with such a low budget they only need to sell decent enough to get the go ahead?
One Punch Man fighting game blah. Could of done an awesome Genos action game.

Papoluca

Banned
Mar 22, 2019
Come on. I'm happy we finally have a One Punch Man... But they couldn't think of anything other than Arena fighter. My man... Give those franchises to good studios. This would have been a perfect beat em up.

Twentieth

Oct 26, 2017
Here's my idea of a OPM game:

Xcom but with the hero organisation. You have to manage monster alerts around the country and respond appropriately according to the threat level with heros. You manage hero organisation facilities like training, recruiting, promoting heroes to higher grade etc. Some heroes could even go rogue

The hero organization managing mode could even be a part of 3v3/fighting game just to add some depth to it. The Godfather and other games prove you can mix action gameplay with some strategy.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Instead of giving us a madhouse level production first, they sent us something straigth of JC staff.

Jump force looks better than this...

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
The hero organization managing mode could even be a part of 3v3/fighting game just to add some depth to it. The Godfather and other games prove you can mix action gameplay with some strategy.

Yeah Killer Instinct has a fantastic xcom-y mode where the actual fights are 2D fights but otherwise you manage a roster and deal with impending threats

34dfvdglly4y.png

Shadow-Lords-Screen-03.jpg

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Damn, this is disappointing. I have this vision of a OPM game in my head, and it wasn't this generic thing.

I'll get it when it is on sale, haha.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Put actual love and care into the games like the Ultimate Ninja Storm games and maybe I'll bite. But as it stands the constant 3D arena fighter anime cash ins coming out of this publisher ain't it.