• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
BUT recent episodes have shown a troubling trend of really overloading certain sequences with effects and extra moves that it overtakes the material. It feels part of a larger trend that hit the anime industry post One Punch Man where characters can't just hit an attack, they have to explode with energy and impact frames and the camera has to move all over the place and the ground has to blow up into perfect cubes. The recent episodes have been pretty divisive because of it.

This is what I really meant by animation style, I'm happy that the animation quality has gone up and One Piece seems to suffer less from being a weekly show than it did before in terms of week to week animation quality.

Has the pace sped up in terms of manga to anime though? I remember some episodes were like 3-4 pages of the manga padded out to 24 minutes.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Taking that as a no. I don't think I can truly go back to the anime after JJK, Demon Slayer and MHA which all adapt multiple chapters in an episode sometimes.
One Piece is also closer to it's source material chapter wise compared to other seasonal shonen series. JJK, MHA, and Demon Slayer are all like 2 years+ worth of chapters behind their respective mangas.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Making my way through Chainsaw Man. On chapter 33 at the moment. Still amazed it was in the regular jump magazine.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Sharing Misgendering Content; Prior Ban for Misgendering
1660508055430037.jpg

Quite a bit of parallels between the two arcs

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely prefer how haki and impacts look on manga, the look of coated blades also get lost in anime form

FZphG5VaIAAhZwg

FX1plXSXwAAh1Tf.png
4498753231622437195.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is Uta canon? I wonder if we'll get more lore in the manga.

She is canon like Shiki, yes

I expect her to be treated like Shiki also in the sense that we'll get tiny crumbs about her at best, so as to not conflict w/ the movie or whatever since Oda doesn't like to reuse characters like that. Hell, you can probably go ahead and count these Film Red filler episodes we have for the next few weeks as canon as far as Luffy's backstory goes.

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it on Twitter that shit was way too much. His uppercut to kaido was so light inducing you couldn't even see him or his arm no more. They gotta tone it down just a tad
Yeah I just got through that.

Though well-animated, it was utter nonsense. Manga was clean as hell, and this is just animation insanity.
The auras were bad enough already.
And didn't they learn from Pokemon not to have lights like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.