• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
as someone who think Yamato and carrot are both pretty alright but not amazing, refrained from the carrot and carrot fan slander that had been happening for the last year (even though I thought it was funny) or so because I figured it would age well and I was right and oda chose the funniest outcome for this Yamato drama

Also reading the crap BobLoblaw was given here from a few people and them being vindicated is masking me hoot and holler

i dont understand why people think they got Oda on lock, when time after time he always comes with something.

i remember being told that Carrot was not a reference to Goku at all, and then there she goes and goes fucking ozaru mode, lmao

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
i dont understand why people think they got Oda on lock, when time after time he always comes with something.

i remember being told that Carrot was not a reference to Goku at all, and then there she goes and goes fucking ozaru mode, lmao
How about this. Luffy, the first Strawhat pirate representing the sun and Carrot as the last crewmate representing the moon? :)

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

if yamato doesn't join then he's kind of a waste of a character because imo, he's basically another Sabo where his most interesting trait is his relation to Ace. well, I gotta be honest personally, yamato being trans and Oda writing it pretty well is what makes yamato interesting. if he had joined the crew, the desire to explore the outside world would have been a neat character trait but he didn't even do that so there's really nothing there

it's not like oda didn't fumble carrot either with how she ate shit constantly in wano

I read follow 3 current series on jump and if MHA wasn't in a nosedive right now, the wano arc would have been the most disappointing. I haven't been this bummed since lucifero's defeat in black clover but tabata made up for it with a godly twist that made the fans recontextualize the entire series. IDK if Oda can do that

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"So Yamato was gonna join immediately, but then we did the popularity poll and found out that Carrot was more popular despite not doing shit the whole arc, so I'm having her join now instead while waiting for Yamato's fandom to grow more after he too goes invisible for an arc"

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: trolling, please don't do this sort of thing
Carrot joining would be drop worthy, would probably wait 5 years and just binge the usual shonen trainwreck at that point, I'm sure there would be some bending over backwards explaining how Carrot is good but that's would be the Dragonball GT is good of One Piece

Delphisage

Banned
May 27, 2020
Center of the Universe ON
32 episodes into Steven Universe.

I'm feeling pressured to watch all of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex now. Might as well, since it's on the Toonami broadcast list. Or are there any shows I should be watching before it?

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Carrot joining would be drop worthy, would probably wait 5 years and just binge the usual shonen trainwreck at that point, I'm sure there would be some bending over backwards explaining how Carrot is good but that's would be the Dragonball GT is good of One Piece

oh please can we just not do this? This kind of toxic shit has no place here.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
if yamato doesn't join then he's kind of a waste of a character because imo, he's basically another Sabo where his most interesting trait is his relation to Ace. well, I gotta be honest personally, yamato being trans and Oda writing it pretty well is what makes yamato interesting. if he had joined the crew, the desire to explore the outside world would have been a neat character trait but he didn't even do that so there's really nothing there

it's not like oda didn't fumble carrot either with how she ate shit constantly in wano

I read follow 3 current series on jump and if MHA wasn't in a nosedive right now, the wano arc would have been the most disappointing. I haven't been this bummed since lucifero's defeat in black clover but tabata made up for it with a godly twist that made the fans recontextualize the entire series. IDK if Oda can do that

To me i like yamato and he just like any other only arc characters and Oda did right by trans people .
Thing is OP near the end , him joining crew is something i want to happen but then i also want more time with SH we already have.
His desire to explore the outside world won't have last long with OP ending so maybe best to spend time with SH we already have.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Fifth and finally, if Carrot isn't in this chapter after the one where she seemed against leading the Mink and we did not see a resolution to that here despite Wano officially concluding, then STOWAWAY ODDS ARE AT A STRONG 62% RIGHT NOW. I invite all of you to join me in adding "Stowaway" to your username, AFTER THE OFFICIAL CHAPTER IS OUT OF COURSE, if you want to help will this into existence and be part of history.
1660323897671102.png

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
this you?
It's a shame Wano gets rid of 2 groups on extremely high copium, Carrot joins and Yamato won't join people, not sure what could possibly replace their schadenfreude value, is there any ''Usopp won't matter in Elbaf'' group?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If Tama copium survived then I'm taking that supply for Yamato with Momo and Kinemon, Carrot joining as the most background character in Wano would just be terrible writing and only blind Carrot fans would be happy about it
Wano wasn't her arc since she has nothing to do with Wano but she was involved with the Strawhats in WCI, she interacted with them, got a dead mentor out of it, and now she has set up for a dream, like people were making fun of her for losing to Perospero but that's clear set up for her to grow, she's been set up to have an arc about being a worthy ruler for the Minks but a lot of you were too blinded by the Yamato hype train to see it

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wano wasn't her arc since she has nothing to do with Wano but she was involved with the Strawhats in WCI, she interacted with them, got a dead mentor out of it, and now she has set up for a dream, like people were making fun of her for losing to Perospero but that's clear set up for her to grow, she's been set up to have an arc about being a worthy ruler for the Minks but a lot of you were too blinded by the Yamato hype train to see it
Shit man I was blinded by the despair lmao. Cause I distinctly remember when Perospero was beating her I thought "clearly this is leading to something" and then just kinda quietly gave up on that as the arc progressed. But now that unsatisfactory conclusion potentially being the exact thing that pushes Carrot to be with the SHs cause in-universe she's not satisfied either, see with them what Pedro wanted to see, and then return from her time as a pirate to become king like the current ones would make me so happy.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shit man I was blinded by the despair lmao. Cause I distinctly remember when Perospero was beating her I thought "clearly this is leading to something" and then just kinda quietly gave up on that as the arc progressed. But now that unsatisfactory conclusion potentially being the exact thing that pushes Carrot to be with the SHs cause in-universe she's not satisfied either, see with them what Pedro wanted to see, and then return from her time as a pirate to become king like the current ones would make me so happy.

terrible writing smh

how can be good writing if she lost her fight?

terrible terrtible

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these responses are reconfirming to me that maybe some people just like certain characters rather than everything else in the manga whether it's story, other characters or plot points. If one thing potentially not happening is enough for you to quit the manga then shit, that says a lot. I don't get it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of these responses are reconfirming to me that maybe some people just like certain characters rather than everything else in the manga whether it's story, other characters or plot points. If one thing potentially not happening is enough for you to quit the manga then shit, that says a lot. I don't get it.
Agenda Piece man you know how it is

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these responses are reconfirming to me that maybe some people just like certain characters rather than everything else in the story. If one thing potentially not happening is enough for you to quit the manga then shit, that says a lot. I don't get it.

In some ways i can understand but in other ways i also WTF because things not went your way .
But that is how it be sometimes so best move on with people who still enjoy it some what

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
It's been rough, but the Pedro name drop by Luffy in 1045 and the minks in 1056 shows that there's still unresolved stuff there.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017

We in Barrel Piece now boys. #TrustTheProcess

If we thread the needle on this after all this time I swear…

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
One thing that is lost in all this Yamato discussion, ACT 3 IS FINALLY OVER

Act 1: 909-924 (16 chapters)
Act 2: 925-955 (31 chapters)
Intermission: 956-957 (2 chapters)
Act 3: 958-1057 (100 chapters)

Total length of Wano: 149 chapters

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I don't really get what you're trying to say. People like what they like. If someone reads one piece for cool moments for X character and isn't concerned about the story, other characters or plot points, that's their perogative.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that is lost in all this Yamato discussion, ACT 3 IS FINALLY OVER

Act 1: 909-924 (16 chapters)
Act 2: 925-955 (31 chapters)
Intermission: 956-957 (2 chapters)
Act 3: 958-1057 (100 chapters)

Total length of Wano: 149 chapters

When look at that you can see how many breaks we had .
What would have been 3 and bit more months end up near 5 years .

Oct 25, 2017
You think there's a little something between any of the admirals? Like even a tiny spark?

He's a real one for sure.
Good to see you back. Hopefully things aren't too bad.
We'll after blessings on blessings being sent my way, a new job opportunity, 10 TEN new catering bookings…I'm glad to say they looking very up. Don't know what i did to deserve such a drastic jump in luck and blessings but I'll take it

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying my hardest to avoid listening to the rest of the Ado album cuz I want to leave something for when I eventually see the movie.....(in 3 months T-T)

And wtf, why are spoilers out so early? Shueisha ain't got the leakers yet. lolol

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man

it seems that again, one piece movie wont come to mexico

we have shit like fairy tail, but not one piece, shesh

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying my hardest to avoid listening to the rest of the Ado album cuz I want to leave something for when I eventually see the movie.....(in 3 months T-T)
Been doing the same along with a few others here lol. Always nice to hear that in movies for the first time, even if I'm sure the songs are great now
And wtf, why are spoilers out so early? Shueisha ain't got the leakers yet. lolol
I'm praying on the paper magazine's downfall every night

Status
Not open for further replies.