• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I thought the fire monster was pretty clear on why it exists. Orochi told Kanjuro to make a monster that symbolizes the hate of their clan. Kanjuro makes the fire monster with the intent of it becoming an all consuming force. The curse is instead wiped out by a power far beyond Orochi and eventually makes its way back to burn Orochi alive. Brining a symbolic end to Orochis obsession with vengeance against those who've wronged him.

* I seem to have missed something lol

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
3miuwp.jpg

User Banned (1 Week): Hostility over multiple posts. Previously actioned for the same behavior
> Says Yamato accomplished nothing

> Yamato froze the bombs and was dealing with Kanzenbo

> Yamatos Ice Wall prevented Big Mom Bomb explosion from triggering the other frozen bombs

> One Bomb nearly blew out half of the entire bottom of Onigashima.

So again a lie, you can say you didn't like it but thats not what was said.

I thought the fire monster was pretty clear on why it exists. Orochi told Kanjuro to make a monster that symbolizes the hate of their clan. Kanjuro makes the fire monster with the intent of it becoming an all consuming force. The curse is instead wiped out by a power far beyond Orochi and eventually makes its way back to burn Orochi alive. Brining a symbolic end to Orochis obsession with vengeance against those who've wronged him.
This way.

Kanjuros final act was to make a monster that just wanted to burn stuff down much like Orochi was doing/wanted to do to Wano and the people who wronged his family and whose Vengeful Spirit finally gets orochi when it thinks its mission is done/body destroyed

Oct 25, 2017

> Yamatos Ice Wall prevented Big Mom Bomb explosion from triggering the other frozen bombs

This way.

Kanjuros final act was to make a monster that just wanted to burn stuff down much like Orochi was doing/wanted to do to Wano and the people who wronged his family and whose Vengeful Spirit finally gets orochi when it thinks its mission is done/body destroyed
So u felt the need to do all that cuz I offended your over love for yamato? Dafuq it's a fictional character u knew for a year it's not that deep

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

All of this was unnecessary

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

This way.

You can talk about this without the aggressive tone.

All of this was unnecessary
All I did was say it was a lie and pointed it out its not much different then what I do (and even than it wasn't even heated or anything go look at XV threads or the one where I kepted spamming mods to deal with a terrible poster, Forspoken threads, etc)

Just this Sunday I told Delphisage to stop posting that was actually serious when he went on a tirade about not watching RWBY acting like they were some arbiter of what is good or what people should watch.

I could have said way more but I did that all on a bike ride around town that took way longer due to a stupid golf course.

Oct 26, 2017
Having Yamato heading towards the bombs also functioned as a reminder to the reader to "not forget about the bombs" because they ended up playing a role in Big Mom's defeat.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
All I did was say it was a lie and pointed it out its not much different then what I do (and even than it wasn't even heated or anything go look at XV threads or the one where I kepted spamming mods to deal with a terrible poster, Forspoken threads, etc)

Just this Sunday I told Delphisage to stop posting that was actually serious when he went on a tirade about not watching RWBY acting like they were some arbiter of what is good or what people should watch.

I could have said way more but I did that all on a bike ride around town that took way longer due to a stupid golf course.
Just because you coulda been more of a dickhead doesn't mean you weren't acting like a dickhead. It was unneeded hostility towards a thread regular. You can articulate your point better than that Reyes.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if myth zoans with elemental powers can overpower the logia version? Like could Sabo burn Marco? Could Yamato freeze the ice dude who's name i always forget?

Could Moria make minions from shadows of Homies?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
By "achieving nothing" I think Bleg meant more that all it accomplished was keeping the status quo. Nothing was gained from that plot thread aside from a final fuck you to the Yonko, yet we had pages upon pages of Yamato and [some Number] running around and chasing a big fire ghost made by someone who should've died like 5 times by now.

He didn't literally mean Yamato did nothing. You could stand to be less defensive of your favourite character.

I wonder if myth zoans with elemental powers can overpower the logia version? Like could Sabo burn Marco? Could Yamato freeze the ice dude who's name i always forget?

Could Moria make minions from shadows of Homies?
Marco was burned and such by Akainu so he could get hurt by Sabo.

Marco has flames but they are not really the regular elemental kind as they heal and don't really burn.

Aokiji, Ace and Sakazuki at points are just natural elemental forces when you reach a point

Oct 25, 2017
By "achieving nothing" I think Bleg meant more that all it accomplished was keeping the status quo. Nothing was gained from that plot thread aside from a final fuck you to the Yonko, yet we had pages upon pages of Yamato and [some Number] running around and chasing a big fire ghost made by someone who should've died like 5 times by now.

He didn't literally mean Yamato did nothing. You could stand to be less defensive of your favourite character.
The nigga fought kaido clearly I ain't mean literally nothing
Just because you coulda been more of a dickhead doesn't mean you weren't acting like a dickhead. It was unneeded hostility towards a thread regular. You can articulate your point better than that Reyes.
It's cool man I appreciate it. Regular thing now

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I honestly just try to avoid blank "matter of fact" statements like "this character did nothing/was useless", etc. Could also replace "character" with plot point, or event, or stretch.

Reyes response was a bit hostile, but I get where he was coming from.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Alright, First Mate Time

It can be hard to discern tone through this site sometimes, and even to me it did seem aggressive. Take it from a guy who use to get into fights all the time here, small miscommunications can turn into big arguments. It's best to either be sarcastic, sincere, or a mix. Save the fire for those who really ask for it

The Delphi thing is a little different, he was being extra and he also hasn't built up any goodwill like Bleg.

Now both of you kiss and make up
Nah that legit just happened
I appreciate you not escalating things further

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, First Mate Time

It can be hard to discern tone through this site sometimes, and even to me it did seem aggressive. Take it from a guy who use to get into fights all the time here, small miscommunications can turn into big arguments. It's best to either be sarcastic, sincere, or a mix. Save the fire for those who really ask for it

The Delphi thing is a little different, he was being extra and he also hasn't built up any goodwill like Bleg.

Now both of you kiss and make up

I appreciate you not escalating things further
I'm getting older lol 😂. Gaf days I'm escalating

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So that Dragonball legend fan film has me thinking we should do a One Piece one. Anybody here good at animation? I can basically write a really cool action scene and plot but I can't draw worth a shit

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the fire thing was a fitting end to orochi, burned to death by his own hatred and malice

Status
Not open for further replies.