• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We got 22 confirmed, but if Tashigi & Smoker will return (since they are in the trailer) will bring it up to 24.

Reset Era is a bubble, what they say means nothing and plenty of niche game can and have done fine the same day or even week/weeks apart.
Even more have bombed due to releasing next to big games, same genre or not. And Era is a bubble but this is still a musou anime game which is already within a niche in itself.

Not saying it's going to make or break this game, but it's far from being irrelevant

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I swear to god we have this argument for every anime game to release ever. It dont matter of Ff7, and cyberpunk was the same day. There's a specific group these games tackle they get those sales and be satisfied
To end this discussion once and for all. Fucking My Hero One's Justice released the exact day Red Dead Redemption 2 came out and it did just fine.

But awwww yea I'm freaking ready!!! Bring on March!

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm almost at the time skip in the anime. Do these games do an ok enough job of covering arcs that I can jump into this? Also, should I play 3 first or skip it since 4 is so close?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So I'm almost at the time skip in the anime. Do these games do an ok enough job of covering arcs that I can jump into this? Also, should I play 3 first or skip it since 4 is so close?
These games really gloss over or outright skip alot of details, so they're absolutely no replacement for watching it or reading the manga.

You might as well not bother with 3 since 4 is coming so soon, unless you REALLY want to play as the characters that are getting cut.

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

Games aren't really meant to be substitutes, though i think they said this time around they will try to make sure the arcs are better covered from what I remember from a TGS interview.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I've fallen off One Piece but I'm still super excited for this. Pirates 3 is probably my all round favourite standard Musou crossover game.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I'm jealous, I wish I still had new One Piece chapters to binge read
I have a friend who refuses to do anything but watch the dub, so I've been living those feeling vicariously through him for years. I've been caught up for nearly 10 years now and I wish I could do it all over again.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's truly awful that Wano is part of the game but the relevant outfits are DLC, specially considering most of the game won't feature relevant outfits at all.

Deleted member 59

What's the best One Piece game on PS4 atm?

Looking at a pirate warriors 3 and Unlimited World Red. I heard World Seeker was a bit meh?

Deleted member 59

I like all those games myself, want to do a play though of World Seeker when all the DLC is released.

Red and PW3 are on sale on EU psn atm, ÂŁ20 for both (gold version of the latter).

I've played bits of Red on Vita and Switch, enjoyed it but always got distracted by something else. 4k60 on Pro as well, already loved the visuals on Switch so think it'll look fab on Pro.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope the fight against Kaido is a few hours long and then when the game makes you "win" (Manga spoilers)
Kaido just clubs Luffy down and the game ends

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. 2020 looks like the year I'd be giving Bamco the most of my money.*

*Assuming KT does not fuck up the port again.

NintenDuvo08

Oct 30, 2017
Im confused, do i have to buy the game digital in order to get the Vinsmokes or do i need to buy the season pass???

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
That's fine, just figured it was a matter of time before people wanted to see a playable Oden lol
Technically, he CAN join, IIRC, Koei tecmo and Omega Force work very near to Oda, and they have a lot of time to make Oden a playable character. There's an ongoing story in the manga bout him and will get at leat 12 more chapters so we can have a fully developed Oden when the games comes out, and 35 more chapters f OP a year after, the usual year of life support games have now with Season passes and DLCs.

I mean, Oden is too cool to not be in.

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
For real. If it ends up cheaper than other Kaido figures minus the cost of the game I'm down even if it looks shittier than the pic

How much is the collector's?

That collectors being two weeks after my bday is a perfect way to get it zehahahahahaha

The collector edition is only for EU so I can't tell, wonder if there's a way around the site redirecting me...

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Would be funny if the reason for the Emperors not being playable were being too big.

I guess their size makes aerial combat non-viable.

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Would be funny if the reason for the Emperors not being playable were being too big.

I guess their size makes aerial combat non-viable.
I think that is the reason.

Big Mom is 29 feet tall alone & Kaido has to be close if just a little shorter or even taller.

Katakuri is a little over 16, so a little less than double that to get to Big Mom

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This is one of the few Musou games that I can stand but they should have waited for the Wano arc to end at the very least. The last version had a half-finished Dressrosa arc and it made no sense. They can remake that but the only stuff left thereafter are Zou/Whole Cake (basically 10 volumes) and the 6 chapters Levely arc that exists to show abandoned side characters.

Edit: World Seeker is indeed "a bit meh". Same for Burning Blood. 5/10 Unlimited World is a 6/10 (i played the 3DS version). Musou 3 is a 7/10 (i played and finished the Vita version). Get this one or the port of Musou 3 for sub 10$ Jonno394.

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll enjoy the Wano story more than the Dressrosa one because Katakuri's gonna be there.
And Timeskip Blackbeard. Weirdly enough, this trailer is his first animated post-timeskip appearance. unless he was in Stampede, in which case I wouldn't know because the MOVIE STILL ISN'T OUT HERE

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
This is one of the few Musou games that I can stand but they should have waited for the Wano arc to end at the very least. The last version had a half-finished Dressrosa arc and it made no sense. They can remake that but the only stuff left thereafter are Zou/Whole Cake (basically 10 volumes) and the 6 chapters Levely arc that exists to show abandoned side characters.
We got another easily year and a half before Wano is done int he story and it will take even a bit longer for games to adapt that.