• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still going to stick by my initial prediction that none of the DLC will be characters already in the game as NPCs (since the Smoothie/Cracker/Judge possibility would match that), but that would make a Wano pack kind of odd since it would rule out Kinemon and it's too early for people like Oden.

I think Morley and Karasu could be fun. I'd been thinking about how Senor Pink might work for a hypothetical Dressrosa DLC pack (being able to swim through the ground) but you could do some of the same stuff with Morley, in addition to him being a giant. Karasu would be another potential Sky type. Not sure who the third would be, though...I guess Belo Betty could have a moveset based around having a mob of fodder following her around and used in her attacks? Might kill the framerate.
I feel like if you do a Dressrosa pack you need Doffy's Commanders. Those were weird omissions in the first place to me. Maybe Baby 5 instead of Pica since Pica is freaking huge and she already has character data in the game.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Season pass is only characters ? I'll be done 100% before they release and I didn't even touch half the characters. Need more SP content :x

Well many of the treasure log events are heavily RNG so you could always replay them with new characters, but yeah I am certainly hoping for new scenarios too. I don't expect any new stories alá dramatic log but at least new treasure log categories would be a welcome addition.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Well many of the treasure log events are heavily RNG so you could always replay them with new characters, but yeah I am certainly hoping for new scenarios too. I don't expect any new stories alá dramatic log but at least new treasure log categories would be a welcome addition.

And maybe a initiative to play the game on Hard and Nightmare would also be nice.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
And maybe a initiative to play the game on Hard and Nightmare would also be nice.

Just play on whatever difficulty setting you find enjoyable. Difficulty settings aren't really about the in-game rewards but the personal satisfaction. And in treasure log you can't even choose the difficulty so it wouldn't make a difference anyway-

If you enjoy challenging yourself, then play the story on a higher difficulty. The satisfaction of beating a difficult game is a reward in itself.

It's the same with characters. If you want an easy time and just goof around, pick Kaido or Niji. If you want to challenge yourself, try a technique character. Just play the game in whatever way you find enjoyable :)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Just play on whatever difficulty setting you find enjoyable. Difficulty settings aren't really about the in-game rewards but the personal satisfaction. And in treasure log you can't even choose the difficulty so it wouldn't make a difference anyway-

If you enjoy challenging yourself, then play the story on a higher difficulty. The satisfaction of beating a difficult game is a reward in itself.

It's the same with characters. If you want an easy time and just goof around, pick Kaido or Niji. If you want to challenge yourself, try a technique character. Just play the game in whatever way you find enjoyable :)

Yeah I know I'm usually not obsessed with difficulty-levels it's just having to complete higher difficulty level is a staple of the Dynasty and Samurai Warriors games and was still present in PW3 too but I guess they really went away from the formula here which makes me a little sad. Good to know that it doesn't affect Legend Log though, sounds like later missions will be a real challenge!

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
still goin thru the manga for the first time (ch 600) but looking to play a OP game afterwards. is it safe to say this is the best game?
Best PW game? Yes, at least I think so.
Best OP game? Yes. You really don't have any other options.

If you're not bothered by the repetitions of the muso genre you'll like it.

Last edited:

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
There's no way they won't make Vivi DLC.

Also, I think Vergo or Trebol have a good chance if they want to give Doflamingo more friends.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Blackbeard:

tVhIWV3.gif

Also Blackbeard:

UzYR5GZ.gif

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Final Treasure Log took me just over 30 minutes with a nearly fully upgraded Katakuri. Now I guess I'm just levelling everyone up and testing them all out.

Lookin' good. I'm glad she's a power type. It makes sense for her and Cracker to be technique. If she indeed does have a Form Change, it's certainly going to be increasing her size.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
wait, i have seen footage of hawkins in his strawman form, is that not counted as an form change?

Nah, it's just a pretty basic special attack. Lasts but a couple of seconds, super slow, and has very limited options. Think of it like the way Katakuri can turn into a wheel. It's very limited but it's something, at least.

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Form Changes were the biggest new feature they added yet limited to very few characters. Like, you can base the entire game around it and still have a complete roster.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
General Franky, Sulong Carrot, Hawkins Strawman and Choppers monster point are all skill attacks rather than dedicated form changes

Well with Hawkins you can at least move around for a few seconds, which I don't think you can do with any of the other one's, so it's a little bit of an unfair grouping, but again yeah it's very disappointing

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well with Hawkins you can at least move around for a few seconds, which I don't think you can do with any of the other one's, so it's a little bit of an unfair grouping, but again yeah it's very disappointing
General Franky has a controllable charge, he's like 4 different moves for franky(Cannon, Sword Sweep and crash, Forward charge and bullet sweep)... so many in fact it feels like he really should have been a form change or even a special type

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
General Franky has a controllable charge, he's like 4 different moves for franky(Cannon, Sword Sweep and crash, Forward charge and bullet sweep)... so many in fact it feels like he really should have been a form change or even a special type

Oh I didn't know he has a controllable charge, I'm gonna have to check that out

Yeah Franky should have had a real form change :( They even removed pre-timeskip Franky so they could've spent time on a transformation instead

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I do plan on saving my grinding for more obscure NPC crew points for this reason. The RNG isn't enough to sustain me.
wait, i have seen footage of hawkins in his strawman form, is that not counted as an form change?
You get two attacks, a strong and standard. There are no combos or special skills. It's a major letdown.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any other character in the game that has two FFB's besides Nami? I sincerely believes that alone makes her top tier, given how powerful FFB is

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think about combining Zeus and Weather Egg. God dam.
Does that work? I know every other character I've tried equipping two FFB on one just cancels the other. But maybe that's just a limitation on the ones that cause a Form Change?
Also a side note for those that didn't figure it out, you can turn off a Full Force Burst early to conserve some gauge instead of letting it drain fully.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Does that work? I know every other character I've tried equipping two FFB on one just cancels the other. But maybe that's just a limitation on the ones that cause a Form Change?
Also a side note for those that didn't figure it out, you can turn off a Full Force Burst early to conserve some gauge instead of letting it drain fully.

Form changes and FFB's are different things, but yes, Nami can only have one FFB activated at the time.

The advantage of having two is moreso that she can guarantee 100% FFB uptime, which combined with the right skills gives immense power

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Form changes and FFB's are different things, but yes, Nami can only have one FFB activated at the time.

The advantage of having two is moreso that she can guarantee 100% FFB uptime, which combined with the right skills gives immense power
So wait, are the Form Changes not buffed by the skills that affect FFBs?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
2 things

this game causes my ps4 fan go crazy

luffy's running animation in the FMV cracks me up

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Is there a way to view what unlocks in each character's crew level stage?
What is up with the ??? islands in a character's skill map? How do I unlock those? I just finished dramatic log, I see a lot of coins in the adventure mode thing so I'll dip in there soon.

Been trying to use Law but he feels very stationary even though he is quite strong. Any tips? I end up going for air combos but it still doesn't feel great.

Also... When you accidentally start a neutral Y attack as Tashigi.... ;_; who designed this, the payoff isn't even good for landing it.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to view what unlocks in each character's crew level stage?
What is up with the ??? islands in a character's skill map? How do I unlock those? I just finished dramatic log, I see a lot of coins in the adventure mode thing so I'll dip in there soon.

Been trying to use Law but he feels very stationary even though he is quite strong. Any tips? I end up going for air combos but it still doesn't feel great.

Also... When you accidentally start a neutral Y attack as Tashigi.... ;_; who designed this, the payoff isn't even good for landing it.

You unlock the ? island by getting gold coins. Many of them are hella good so stay tuned for gold coins.

Law is probably one of the best technique characters in the game (after Nami), mostly because he plays almost the exact same way he always has lol. Idk what it is you're struggling with with him, but imo his land combos are better than his air combos.

Btw you can cancel just about every attack in the game with a dash, so if you pull a move you regret, you can just cancel it. They're incredibly liberal with what you can cancel in this game, even many special attacks can be cancelled, which is really nice. There's 0.0% end lag after a dash too so you can do really crazy things with it

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
You unlock the ? island by getting gold coins. Many of them are hella good so stay tuned for gold coins.

Law is probably one of the best technique characters in the game (after Nami), mostly because he plays almost the exact same way he always has lol. Idk what it is you're struggling with with him, but imo his land combos are better than his air combos.

Btw you can cancel just about every attack in the game with a dash, so if you pull a move you regret, you can just cancel it. They're incredibly liberal with what you can cancel in this game, even many special attacks can be cancelled, which is really nice. There's 0.0% end lag after a dash too so you can do really crazy things with it

Oh that is interesting. I'll keep going. I pretty much rampaged through the story with Luffy rather than grinding multiple characters up so maybe I'm just under leveled.

Trying to do the treasure missions with lower levels is a struggle. Some bosses are ok but man when Ace activates his burst that is some Lu Bu level stomping he gives me.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where do I see how many Berries I have collected overall for the achievement?

The only 2 missing for me are the 100 million and the max 20 crew member level .

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Off topic but is the Pirate Warriors 3 season pass worth 4 bucks for the missions? Don't much care for costumes.

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but is the Pirate Warriors 3 season pass worth 4 bucks for the missions? Don't much care for costumes.
If I remember right, there's only 2 missions in it (unless more was added and I didn't realize): a Davy Back fight against Buggys crew and a bunch of random characters you can recruit by winning some unique missions and a what-if Marineford level with Sabo. This one is fairly standard as far as missions go, but it's tough.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
So I've been struggling with some of the missions. Switched over and used Kaido and holy shit at the difference. I'm hoping some of my other characters can get up to or close to this kind of strength but I doubt it. He just swings and everything just flies towards death. His shield breaking strength is absurd and his hitbox is ridiculous. His speed doesn't even matter that much because his range and damage is so absurd. In burst mode he feels pretty much broken.

Clear times went from 9-16 minutes on a stage to about 5 minutes.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been struggling with some of the missions. Switched over and used Kaido and holy shit at the difference. I'm hoping some of my other characters can get up to or close to this kind of strength but I doubt it. He just swings and everything just flies towards death. His shield breaking strength is absurd and his hitbox is ridiculous. His speed doesn't even matter that much because his range and damage is so absurd. In burst mode he feels pretty much broken.

Clear times went from 9-16 minutes on a stage to about 5 minutes.

Kaido is probably top 5 in the game, though the top 3 are all speed types: Hakuba/Cavendish, Carrot, and Katakuri. Once you learn the magic of speed type FFB + dash-cancel, the way you play the game will change completely :)

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I bought the Switch version and maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me but the Switch version of PW3 feels like it runs better on Switch.

The popup is really noticeable in PW4 and sometimes the framerate drops significantly. Has the PS4 version also popup or is that a switch downside?

I'm starting to wonder if I should wait for the PS4 version to drop in price instead of playing the Switch version.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Switch version and maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me but the Switch version of PW3 feels like it runs better on Switch.

The popup is really noticeable in PW4 and sometimes the framerate drops significantly. Has the PS4 version also popup or is that a switch downside?

I'm starting to wonder if I should wait for the PS4 version to drop in price instead of playing the Switch version.

The PS4 version runs really well imo, but I've seen plenty of people in this thread complain about the Switch version

MoxManiac

Nov 17, 2017

Switch version of PW3 runs at 60fps or close to it, I think it may because it's an older engine/assets so less taxing (Pw3 had a ps3/Vita version too)

DW8 complete XL on switch is similar, it runs way better than the PS4 version, but it's because they are straight up using assets from the PS3 version.